M Green last Defenseman to Score 30+ Goals in a Season. Who's next?

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Erik Karlsson or Brent Burns seem likely.

Shayne Gostisbehere has 20 goals in his first 80 NHL games.

As Flyers improve and he improves, he could reach 30. Long-shot but you never know.

He has 3 goals already this year but his shooting percentage is 5 percentage points lower and he has hit 4 or 5 posts. If that goes back up he should pick up his pace again.

Burn: YES
Karlsson: NO

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
If OEL played on a better team i think he would have done it already. The guy is extremely smart when it comes to shooting it from the point!

Burns is the most likely one though imo. Jumps the play more and gets more forward like scoring chances the OEL.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I feel like people are sleeping on Pernell here.

PK has become more of a playmaker. He used to be known for a booming slap shot (which he still has), but has added more dimensions to his offensive game. Kind of the opposite of Pacioretty, who used to be known as Passioretty. :laugh:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Feeling Burns too. He generates a lot of offense 5v5 too. OEL maybe, definitely not Weber tho, he plays very safe 5v5.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
The one that after 8 seasons in the nhl as a full time defenseman has broken 10 goals 4 times? He would have to take a huge step in his shooting to even come close.

Not saying he will do it as is more of a playmaker at ES but those 8 "full time" season include a 2 game season in 09-10, the current 12 game old season, and last season where he missed the last ~month to injury.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Can any defenseman score goals regularly using the kind of power move Burns did tonight? He's just an insanely good hockey player.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
the year the caps had 270 goals, if i remember only a few teams did beat that while playing defense at the same time which the capitals back then did not do very well, infact they abandoned that part of the game for years(i remember the hf jokes about green very well) anyway they had 2 20 goal scorers (almost 3, fleischmann was close with 19), 2 30 goal scorers and one 50 goal scorer. i guess the system inflated everybodys stats a bit. my bet is that if a defender comes again close to 30, it will happen in another high octane offense or at least someone who has a green light at all times.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
the year the caps had 270 goals, if i remember only a few teams did beat that while playing defense at the same time which the capitals back then did not do very well, infact they abandoned that part of the game for years(i remember the hf jokes about green very well) anyway they had 2 20 goal scorers (almost 3, fleischmann was close with 19), 2 30 goal scorers and one 50 goal scorer. i guess the system inflated everybodys stats a bit. my bet is that if a defender comes again close to 30, it will happen in another high octane offense or at least someone who has a green light at all times.

Burns scored 27 last year and the sharks scored 237 goals total.

And he already has 6 goals in 14 games this year.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Not saying he will do it as is more of a playmaker at ES but those 8 "full time" season include a 2 game season in 09-10, the current 12 game old season, and last season where he missed the last ~month to injury.

He career high is still 15. Only scored 6 goals in 68 games last year. His lifetime high(can't see stats before 2004) is 18 goals in the AHL. He's more likely to hit 120 points than to score 30 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00