Value of: M.E. Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
I know he has a NMC, but apparently he is pretty upset with the Sharks management. His contact looks pretty risky too.

What is his value assuming he wants to leave?

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Can't imagine anyone would be too interested in taking on that contract given how he's fallen off and how little cap space teams have to pay for their young players these days.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I know he has a NMC, but apparently he is pretty upset with the Sharks management. His contact looks pretty risky too.

What is his value assuming he wants to leave?

Source? I've seen nothing to suggest he's upset at management.

Literally you. I am pretty sure he is the longest tenured shark and you said he has attitude problems. There is nothing unrealistic about this thread at all.

Thornton is the longest tenured Shark, then Vlasic. He's generally not the most happy-go-lucky type. That doesn't mean he has attitude problems.

Would have to take a bad contract back. As a Habs fan Im interested but you would have to take Alzne contract

Vlasic has a bad deal, but he's a borderline top pairing d-man. Alzner is an AHLer with a much worse deal. That's like us saying we'd like Weber, but you'd have to take back Dillon.

Reactions: themelkman

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Value of Vlasic: Negative

I keep hearing people say this, but it’s just not true. HF told us over and over again that Mikkel Boedker had negative value, but we absolutely got value back for him.

Vlasic isn’t what he used to be and he’s a little overpaid, but he’s still a very good #3D at worst and when it really mattered (ie the playoffs) Vlasic really stepped up last season. I guarantee you that if he was available, we’d get decent offers. For better or worse, reputations stick with GMs longer than actual results. Off the top of my head, when they selected Marleau for the 2014 Canadian Olympic squad, Chiarelli admitted to not having watched Marleau all year. And this was a guy who was an established star at the time, not some obscure depth player.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He’s still a 2/3 defender but the contract isn’t pretty.

Value is low. I won’t state negative as some will undoubtedly. The fact is you have to eat bad money moving a player like him with that contract.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Literally you. I am pretty sure he is the longest tenured shark and you said he has attitude problems. There is nothing unrealistic about this thread at all.

No, being salty and being upset with management are two entirely separate things. Provide a legit source (newsflash: you are not a legitimate source) or give it a rest.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
No, being salty and being upset with management are two entirely separate things. Provide a legit source (newsflash: you are not a legitimate source) or give it a rest.
Well idgaf. being upset is being upset and obviously he is upset.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
He has a big cap hit, a NMC, 7 more years, he is already showing signs of deterioration, and he will be 39 when it ends.

I don't think anybody wants anything to do with that player-friendly contract.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Vlasic has a bad deal, but he's a borderline top pairing d-man. Alzner is an AHLer with a much worse deal. That's like us saying we'd like Weber, but you'd have to take back Dillon.
It’s just factual: in order to acquire Vlasic, Montréal would have to unload Alzner. Does not mean it would be the only piece going San Jose way, but it’s the condition to get the negociation starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad