Value of: M.E. Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I keep hearing people say this, but it’s just not true. HF told us over and over again that Mikkel Boedker had negative value, but we absolutely got value back for him.

Vlasic isn’t what he used to be and he’s a little overpaid, but he’s still a very good #3D at worst and when it really mattered (ie the playoffs) Vlasic really stepped up last season. I guarantee you that if he was available, we’d get decent offers. For better or worse, reputations stick with GMs longer than actual results. Off the top of my head, when they selected Marleau for the 2014 Canadian Olympic squad, Chiarelli admitted to not having watched Marleau all year. And this was a guy who was an established star at the time, not some obscure depth player.
You may have gotten value for Boedker but remember who you were trading with.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
This is hilarious. Pickles loves it in SJ. He’s perfectly happy being his low key self and SJ has no problem with him being just that.

Lock this up.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
This is hilarious. Pickles loves it in SJ. He’s perfectly happy being his low key self and SJ has no problem with him being just that.

Lock this up.
It's funny when sharks fans say he's salty all the time but also say he's super happy in sj.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Vlasic is cooked. Not sure what that says about MacKinnon since Vlasic pretty much shut him down in the playoffs last year.
Honestly it was the sharks playing trap style hockey that gave Mackinnon trouble. He is amazing off the rush, and they just lined up their whole squad on the blueline and forced the Av's to dump the puck in. Super frustrating but great coaching.

Boy Hedican

Jul 12, 2006
Earff
It's funny when sharks fans say he's salty all the time but also say he's super happy in sj.

It’s funny how you take a few sharks fans posts about his personality as an indication that he wants out and even start a thread about it. Hilarious really.

Pickles has had the same stoic personality since putting on the big black fish at 18. Nothing has changed.

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
Slightly overpaid #2/3 dman. If the sharks were to move him it would be in a cap space move or for a slightly overpaid forward that's a definite top 6 forward.

Now to burst the bubble, the sharks are not moving him. As everyone has said there is no reputable source saying that he is unhappy and you cant provide one. Obviously, you seen that he didnt get a letter and jumped to starting a rumor that he was upset. This thread should just be locked up

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Personality is not the same as mood, right?
the way I always understood it, personality is like the climate. Mood is like the weather.
One is characteristic, the other is day-to-day.
So Vlasic might have a salty personality, but if he's upset, that's just a mood and it may just be a one-time thing.

IF he's upset....still waiting on a source for that. I'd contact Kurz if you need to go way inside.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The facts of Vlasic at this point is that there's no evidence to support that he's upset about the letters. Vlasic is an incredibly salty and sarcastic person but there's no evidence to suggest that he wants out. If we were to assume that Vlasic does want out and only wanted to go to say Montreal then the return would likely suck and that would be okay. The Sharks would likely have to take back Alzner assuming the Sharks aren't on his no-trade list but the Habs would have to probably add a prospect on your reserve list and a 2nd.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
The facts of Vlasic at this point is that there's no evidence to support that he's upset about the letters. Vlasic is an incredibly salty and sarcastic person but there's no evidence to suggest that he wants out. If we were to assume that Vlasic does want out and only wanted to go to say Montreal then the return would likely suck and that would be okay. The Sharks would likely have to take back Alzner assuming the Sharks aren't on his no-trade list but the Habs would have to probably add a prospect on your reserve list and a 2nd.

I wouldnt move Alzner 1 for 1 for Vlasic, 0% chance. Alzner will be bought out next year, why would we wanna be stuck with Vlasics $ and term for several more years?

Look around at what's happening in the NHL right now, id much rather have the cap space. Having cap space is a big asset, you could easily end up fleecing a cap ridden team.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I wouldnt move Alzner 1 for 1 for Vlasic, 0% chance. Alzner will be bought out next year, why would we wanna be stuck with Vlasics $ and term for several more years?

Look around at what's happening in the NHL right now, id much rather have the cap space. Having cap space is a big asset, you could easily end up fleecing a cap ridden team.

Or you could end up spending more than Vlasic makes on Alzner and Chiarot.

Reactions: Starat327

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Because Vlasic's actually a very good player that is still a pretty good top pairing shutdown d-man. That's why.

Taurrax

Jun 20, 2019
Would have to take a bad contract back. As a Habs fan Im interested but you would have to take Alzne contract
Why even bring Alzner up? No one wants an AHL defender for 5 million/yr. That's a bad contract AND a bad player.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Or you could end up spending more than Vlasic makes on Alzner and Chiarot.

Like i said, Alzner will be gone next year and we have the cap space to hold his contract. Chiarot has a 3 year term @ 3.5M and he fills a need (big/physical defensive LD). Vlasics contract is a boat anchor, best of luck with him.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
For like the 8th or 9th time:

Do you have an actual, credible source that he's upset with management? Or is this a shallowly disguised attempt to play off of your personal disbelief over the fact that Vlasic didn't get a spot in the Sharks' new C/A assignments and therefore believe that he too must be angry and wants out?

Because if it's the latter, there's basically no reason for this thread to exist.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Vlasic is so unfairly hated by some people. I love him. He's a fantastic defender. He's probably still in the top 10 in that regard. He showed in this playoffs why he's worth that contract.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
To add: vlasic really returned to form last season after he stopped trying to be Erik Karlsson. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this was a weird coaching adjustment either.

Boy Hedican

Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Nothing to see here folks. The toll is reading and believing there’s something here but there’s no bridge to cross. There’s just a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad