Proposal: Lynyrd Skinner: BUF + FLA

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Yeah, exactly. You don't really know if he's playing well or not.

Yup you are completely right he has just been snake bitten while posting .70 more goals a game then a Driedger. Pretty sure you could put almost any other goalie in there and he would perform better.

I have to laugh that contract is a boat anchor for a back up goalie lol. Enjoy

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Y
Sounds like a much better plan right there...question is does Ullmark want to resign there??
Yes he likes area for his young family however it's his health iam worried about..How much would he command in covid cap Era and his injury history remains to be seen

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Yup you are completely right he has just been snake bitten while posting .70 more goals a game then a Driedger. Pretty sure you could put almost any other goalie in there and he would perform better.
I have to laugh that contract is a boat anchor for a back up goalie lol. Enjoy
See, this is what's funny, I couldn't care less about who's name is on the back of the jersey. I only care about the Panthers. If someone is good for the team, I'm going to say as much. If someone is bad for the team, I'm going to say as much.
His contract is bad, but that's a separate issue from how he's played this season. Just because someone's played better, it doesn't mean he's played bad, I don't care how much everyone makes. Bobrovsky in the net gives the Panthers a chance to win, that's all I care about.
I don't know what your reasoning is, I don't know why you need Bobrovsky to suck. But it doesn't matter, the Panthers can win with Bobrovsky, and that's the bottom line.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Y

Yes he likes area for his young family however it's his health iam worried about..How much would he command in covid cap Era and his injury history remains to be seen
Not familiar with his situation but he should be a solid 1A or B most places. 4 to 5 mil ? Model after what matt murray got ?

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
See, this is what's funny, I couldn't care less about who's name is on the back of the jersey. I only care about the Panthers. If someone is good for the team, I'm going to say as much. If someone is bad for the team, I'm going to say as much.
His contract is bad, but that's a separate issue from how he's played this season. Just because someone's played better, it doesn't mean he's played bad, I don't care how much everyone makes. Bobrovsky in the net gives the Panthers a chance to win, that's all I care about.
I don't know what your reasoning is, I don't know why you need Bobrovsky to suck. But it doesn't matter, the Panthers can win with Bobrovsky, and that's the bottom line.

Well that's whats funny. Considering 2 of your possible playoff opponents could be Carolina and Nashville.

Bob hasn't beaten Carolina yet he is 0-2-1. Dreidger is 2-2-1. He has almost a 3.5 GAA and a sub .900 save percentage against Nashville while Dreidger owns them with a 0.5 GAA and a .978 save percentage.

When you have 2 goalies on the same team with the same defense that have stats that are so far apart its pretty obvious one is way better than the other. The question now is how good is dreidger? Will he go to another team and underperformed? Will Florida continue to have other goalies come in and outperform Bob? Who knows. The few times I have seen him play this year he hasn't looked great.

You should be happy you have a good team I just dont think Bob has helped you much at all and I think you would be better with a different goalie.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Well that's whats funny. Considering 2 of your possible playoff opponents could be Carolina and Nashville.

Bob hasn't beaten Carolina yet he is 0-2-1. Dreidger is 2-2-1. He has almost a 3.5 GAA and a sub .900 save percentage against Nashville while Dreidger owns them with a 0.5 GAA and a .978 save percentage.

When you have 2 goalies on the same team with the same defense that have stats that are so far apart its pretty obvious one is way better than the other. The question now is how good is dreidger? Will he go to another team and underperformed? Will Florida continue to have other goalies come in and outperform Bob? Who knows. The few times I have seen him play this year he hasn't looked great.

You should be happy you have a good team I just dont think Bob has helped you much at all and I think you would be better with a different goalie.
Honest question, how many Panthers games have you watched this year, or are you basing all of your concrete conclusions on stats alone?

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Honest question, how many Panthers games have you watched this year, or are you basing all of your concrete conclusions on stats alone?

Ahh yes the argument of i have not watched every minute of every game so I dont know what I am talking about. I have actually watched a good amount due to the fact I am in a Covid lockdown state and there isn't shit to do but watch hockey.

If Buffalo fans were saying Skinner is doing great he just isn't putting up points what would you say? Thats kind of how this conversation is going.

I notice none of you are defending why Driedger has outperformed by such a large margin. Sorry Bob is backup status as of now and he is paid like one of the best goalies in the league. He is also 33 before next season starts. A few of you are acting like he is playing great....I disagree with that.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Tbh I like this for Florida. A bad goalie contract is an anchor that can cost you games. Worst case scenario with Skinner, you shelter him and throw him on the power play for some secondary goal scoring.

That said, Bonrovsky is obviously not waiving to leave Miami for Buffalo...

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Tbh I like this for Florida. A bad goalie contract is an anchor that can cost you games. Worst case scenario with Skinner, you shelter him and throw him on the power play for some secondary goal scoring.

That said, Bonrovsky is obviously not waiving to leave Miami for Buffalo...

He might if he's relegated to the 3rd string goalie and told he won't see any playing time unless there's an injury...

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I don’t see why we force Bob out: we have a few guys that need to trust us to play them and sign for long term extensions; the Yandle situation isn’t the great signal

Knight will need a couple years and Cd priced himself out. I see Bob staying for next theee season and us trading him with retention with two seasons to go when we hopefully go Knight-Levi on net

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
lol Skinner a 30 goal scorer stapled on the 4th line most the season everyone thinks sucks because they stat watch. He's still a top six player. For a useless backup AHL goalie for 1 mil more? Ya right. Anyone who thinks the Skinner contract is worse is clueless and doesn't actually watch Skinner play:laugh: Overpaid by 2-2.5 mil but not even close to top 5 worst contract.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
lol Skinner a 30 goal scorer stapled on the 4th line most the season everyone thinks sucks because they stat watch. He's still a top six player. For a useless backup AHL goalie for 1 mil more? Ya right. Anyone who thinks the Skinner contract is worse is clueless and doesn't actually watch Skinner play:laugh: Overpaid by 2-2.5 mil but not even close to top 5 worst contract.
Bob won 2 vezina if we’re going by past accomplishments lol.

Reactions: VijayPatel11

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Ahh yes the argument of i have not watched every minute of every game so I dont know what I am talking about. I have actually watched a good amount due to the fact I am in a Covid lockdown state and there isn't shit to do but watch hockey.

If Buffalo fans were saying Skinner is doing great he just isn't putting up points what would you say? Thats kind of how this conversation is going.

I notice none of you are defending why Driedger has outperformed by such a large margin. Sorry Bob is backup status as of now and he is paid like one of the best goalies in the league. He is also 33 before next season starts. A few of you are acting like he is playing great....I disagree with that.
I didn’t make any argument such as you describe. I only asked if you watched the games or formed your opinions from reading stats. I don’t think anybody here has said Bob is playing great, only that he’s nowhere near as bad as some here try to portray.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

"You should be happy you have a good team". I thought that was the point here. I'm happy with my team, and someone is coming along with some unknown agenda that has nothing to do with that, that they need me to go along with.
You can think he sucks all you want, we've established that. I don't know what impact it has at all on this situation, but ok.
Again, I'm fine with Bob. I don't know why it's so important for you that I need not be. But thanks for your "concern". You can move along now.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
"You should be happy you have a good team". I thought that was the point here. I'm happy with my team, and someone is coming along with some unknown agenda that has nothing to do with that, that they need me to go along with.
You can think he sucks all you want, we've established that. I don't know what impact it has at all on this situation, but ok.
Again, I'm fine with Bob. I don't know why it's so important for you that I need not be. But thanks for your "concern". You can move along now.

Why is it important for you to convince me that Bob has been good?

Get over yourself there is no agenda. Its a thread about Bob and Skinner and I gave my opinion. I am not trying to convince anyone about anything. I gave my opinion on the players and apparently that wasn't okay I upset you and some other Florida fans. Unbelievable

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I didn’t make any argument such as you describe. I only asked if you watched the games or formed your opinions from reading stats. I don’t think anybody here has said Bob is playing great, only that he’s nowhere near as bad as some here try to portray.

It all boils down to his contract. The value the Panthers are getting is not good obviously. If he made 2 mill no one bats an eye. He isn't the Bob of a few years ago. So the question is does he rebound or does he start declining even more. He isn't getting any younger. Skinner hasn't been good either and that contract....ouch. I have definitely seen worse proposals on this site thsts for sure.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Solid ECHL starter maybe. He’s a good AHL back up in-fact probably among the best AHL backups but he’s definitely not a goalie you want to start on a competitive AHL team. Like Schnider both were good goalie as a time but they belong in the AHL now
Serious question are you high? Or is this some failed attempt at humor?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00