Proposal: Lynyrd Skinner: BUF + FLA

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To Buffalo: Bobrovsky

To Florida: Skinner

Buffalo fill their need for a goaltender while dumping Skinner's contract

Florida get an offensive forward while dumping Bobrovsky's contract. The thinking being they would re-sign Driedger after the expansion draft and roll with him and Knight for the next few seasons

Last edited:

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Skinner is a shitty winger who has six more years at 9m all with a NMC.
Bobrovsky is a solid starter who has five more years at 10m with only three of those holding an NMC.
Solid ECHL starter maybe. He’s a good AHL back up in-fact probably among the best AHL backups but he’s definitely not a goalie you want to start on a competitive AHL team. Like Schnider both were good goalie as a time but they belong in the AHL now

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Solid ECHL starter maybe. He’s a good AHL back up in-fact probably among the best AHL backups but he’s definitely not a goalie you want to start on a competitive AHL team. Like Schnider both were good goalie as a time but they belong in the AHL now
Bobrovsky is on a one-way contract and cannot be sent down to the AHL. Doesn't matter how competitive the team is.
Not sure what ECHL has to do with anything? Bob is Russian. He didn't play major juniors.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Player evaluation, brought to you by stat watching.

Schneider and Bob are in no way comparable.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
The only way Buffalo could maybe get rid of Skinner is in the last 2 years where his actual salary is lower than the cap hit and a team want to hit the cap floor. The problem is that Skinner also has a full NMC for the entirety of the contract for some reason so they cannot move him somewhere he does not want to.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Lynyrd Skinner?

I heard he got ptomaine poisoning last night after dinner.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Man, people really do not bother to watch Skinner play before forming opinions about him, do they?
The biggest problem with Jeff is he is lazy about 1/2 of the game. When he decides to play he can be dynamic, but the problem is he only decides to play about 1/2 the time he is on the ice. The rest of the time he is more a less a. spectator and puck watches.

My observations of Jeff Skinner when I watched him with the Hurricanes.

Reactions: Oldracer

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Bobrovsky is on a one-way contract and cannot be sent down to the AHL. Doesn't matter how competitive the team is.
Not sure what ECHL has to do with anything? Bob is Russian. He didn't play major juniors.
You’re mixing up one way contract and NMC. ECHL also isn’t a junior league, it’s one below the AHL and it’s a professional league albeit not very good one.

Reactions: voxel

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Both are terrible contracts but I would think of the 2 it would be Skinner who would rebound on a different team.

Bob getting outplayed by a 26 year old who played 15 games prior to this season is pretty terrible. I think Bob is unfortunately cooked.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Great title, great band but Skinner isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Bob's is never approving deal even if teams had a deal. Not too many players would willingly go from a solid team in a beautiful city to Sabres right now. Nothing against Buffalo but Bob's signed in Florida for a reason as a ufa he's not taking a pay cut (income tax) to go to a rebuilding team now.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Great title, great band but Skinner isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Bob's is never approving deal even if teams had a deal. Not too many players would willingly go from a solid team in a beautiful city to Sabres right now. Nothing against Buffalo but Bob's signed in Florida for a reason as a ufa he's not taking a pay cut (income tax) to go to a rebuilding team now.
This is the best answer. Bobrovsky isn't going to waive his NMC to leave Florida for Buffalo. So case closed.

But it was still an interesting idea, if some posters could get past the hyperbolic slagging of the players involved. Bobrovsky may very well be the 3rd-best goalie in Florida before his NTC clause kicks in a few years from now... or he would have been *if* they could somehow retain Driedger. I don't really see how they could retain Driedger, though... first expansion and then he has earned a big raise in free agency, so it sure seems like Florida will have to write him off and run with the Bobby-Knight duo instead. :dunno: Bob is still a decent NHL goalie from what I've seen. Not as good as his backup, but still NHL-caliber for sure.

And who knows, if there is a place that could resurrect Skinner, maybe it is Florida with Q, judging by how well some of the forwards are performing there, I wouldn't put it past them to be able to turn him back into a 20+ goal-scorer anyway, with the right combination. Would still be overpaid, but also still NHL-caliber for sure.

Nevertheless it's all a moot point due to the Bob NMC consideration.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Depending what happens with his trajectory I thjnk the most likely outcome is that Bob gets traded with 2 years with 50 percent retention: if he is a solid starter, 5M for 2 years isn’t bad. For the Panthers it would be cheaper than buyout and the money can be reallocated to Knight or whoever our goalie is

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Skinner is a shitty winger who has six more years at 9m all with a NMC.
Bobrovsky is a solid starter who has five more years at 10m with only three of those holding an NMC.

Your team is about to lose an actual 'solid starter' in Chris Dreidger because of the Bobrovsky contract. With Skinner, you shave a mil off the cap and can keep Dreidger to insulate Knight.

Some of the respones from panther fans are delusional. Bobrovsky is by far the worst contract in the league.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad