GDT: LXX | "Dealing With The Devil" | Oilers vs. Devils | 3.13.19 | 7:30PM | SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Yep and I can pretty much guarantee that the games wont be meaningful much longer if we lose to NJ tonight. All I did was say the exact same thing you just did.. except I broke it down into something visual.. if you can only lose 2 games for the rest of the season then yeah every game is a must win. But if we are gonna lose 2 games then if you want the best odds... don't have one of them be against any of the teams with a W beside them... or a MUST WIN beside them.

Cheers.

For sure. To be clear, I was agreeing/supporting your post... mine might not have come across that way.

Important games. Just win.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Any word on if Klef is playing for sure?

If someone said anything already, I missed it.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Devils got absolutely spanked last night, we have to come out strong and pile it on before they get their feet under them, they'll want redemption
I forget which team it was that got spanked the night before and still got spanked by us the night after

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
If we want to make the playoffs we cant lose this game. You are right, nothing is an auto-win in the NHL for any team, but we can afford what? 2 more losses this year without pretty much losing all playoff hopes... our biggest challenge is coming up CBJ + VEGAS + ARIZONA + ST LOUIS.. and they are all in a row. I'd say we can take one loss in that window of games and it cant be against Arizona. If we lost to NJ tonight then we would have to win all 4.

New Jersey W
Arizona MUST WIN
Vegas
St. Louis
CBJ
Ottawa W
Kings W
Dallas MUST WIN
Anaheim W

We need to basically go 8-1-0 here to leave a cushion for our next 4 games allowing us to lose once more. I have penciled in the "Auto-Wins" and the one loss we take cant be against Arizona or Dallas. I'm gazing into the future and just saying if we want to make the playoffs we need to follow the formula above... and those are the only 4 games I'm comfortable putting a W beside it doesn't mean we are going to succeed but this is just a visual picture of what needs to be accomplished. This will be no easy task.

Last 4 games:

Vegas
Colorado
MUST WIN
San Jose
Calgary

Making it past part 1 of my plan above still leaves us with quite the challenge considering we are only budgeted 1 loss against the 4 teams above.

We could of course handle 4 losses so long as they are ALL in overtime as we get a point.

But.. as you can see.. losing to a team like New Jersey would significantly decrease our chances of making the playoffs as that's one less loss we can take against the much superior teams we have to play before the end of the year.

At this point all of our games are must wins with games like Arz and Col being do or die. Auto-win is a term I would hesitate to use in general and with a club like ours it's jinx material, hopefully the team plays hard and doesn't look past those games.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
For sure. To be clear, I was agreeing/supporting your post... mine might not have come across that way.

Important games. Just win.

Yeah sorry... if you look at my user name... Ive been a life long Sens fan and ive been through a lot lately... I live in Edmonton... and I have tried and struggled to cheer for this team as I moved to alberta the year after your cup run and you know the history from there lol.. I'm really trying to get into the Oilers this year and I really want to see a strong push for playoffs even with the odds stacked against us. I can finally afford to go to playoff games and the damn Oilers wont give me any to go to hahaha. In all seriousness though, like you, I'm looking at every game as a must win and all we can do is take it game by game right.. definitely like what I am seeing so far!

Just think... this is our playoffs right now and if we make it.. we did it by some strict guidelines. Once we are in the playoffs we are allowed to lose 3 out of every 7 lol instead of the 2 out of 13 situation we are in right now

Last edited:

Fmrnuckfan95

Dec 16, 2018
Edmonton

giphy (6).gif

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
At this point all of our games are must wins with games like Arz and Col being do or die. Auto-win is a term I would hesitate to use in general and with a club like ours it's jinx material, hopefully the team plays hard and doesn't look past those games.

Yeah you are right my wording is totally wrong to what I actually am trying to get across. All I'm really saying is that if we can lose 2 games over the next 13 lets not lose one beside a team with a W (what I called auto-wins) or with a MUST WIN beside them. Any loss in any of those places will dramatically reduce our odds of achieving playoffs based off when you factor in quality of competition.

but... secretly... where I put those W's and with the way we are playing right now... I secretly am plotting those as WINS. haha.

I have witnessed a few "miracle runs" in my day being a Sens fan. Maybe that's why I believe. I have experience with this :popcorn:

It can 100% be done... and we have Mcdavid.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
4-3 squeeker. Team takes it's usual period off that allows opponent into game, guessing first period this time. Come back from down 2-0.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Yeah sorry... if you look at my user name... Ive been a life long Sens fan and ive been through a lot lately... I live in Edmonton... and I have tried and struggled to cheer for this team as I moved to alberta the year after your cup run and you know the history from there lol.. I'm really trying to get into the Oilers this year and I really want to see a strong push for playoffs even with the odds stacked against us. I can finally afford to go to playoff games and the damn Oilers wont give me any to go to hahaha. In all seriousness though, like you, I'm looking at every game as a must win and all we can do is take it game by game right.. definitely like what I am seeing so far!

Just think... this is our playoffs right now and if we make it.. we did it by some strict guidelines. Once we are in the playoffs we are allowed to lose 3 out of every 7 lol instead of the 2 out of 13 situation we are in right now

I hope you enjoy the games, win or lose.

Best of luck with everything. Life is hard. :/

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
This is our playoffs right now.. and we as fans should put weight on every game as such. We should be on the edge of our seats right now.. We need to BELIEVE. Enjoy these games.. :thumbu:

They should be issuing the white towels to fans for every home game right now.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
I hope you enjoy the games, win or lose.

Best of luck with everything. Life is hard. :/

haha.. I meant I've been through a lot with the Sens... thus why I'm making the switch to the Oilers. I'm telling you... they did the equivalent of trading away Mcdavid and Draisaitl (Karlsson + Stone).. Im done man. They built a core and destroyed it right when it was entering its prime.. it was time to surround those players with all the guys we are bringing up right now anyways and go for it. How could they not believe after taking the PENS to game 7 in the Conference Finals. It wasn't pretty but we still did it.. I would not have given up on that core. Makes me sick. Its been downhill really since the Pizza line days (Spezza, Alfie, Heatley) and we finally reached a point where we had something real to build around again. Everytime I see a prospect start succeeding now I just get angry because they could have been playing with Stone, Karlsson, Duchene, Dzingle, Hoffman, Tkachuk etc., Its a joke of an organization and it doesn't deserve any of the fans it has.

END RANT.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
haha.. I meant I've been through a lot with the Sens... thus why I'm making the switch to the Oilers. I'm telling you... they did the equivalent of trading away Mcdavid and Draisaitl (Karlsson + Stone).. Im done man. They built a core and destroyed it right when it was entering its prime.. it was time to surround those players with all the guys we are bringing up right now anyways and go for it. How could they not believe after taking the PENS to game 7 in the Conference Finals. It wasn't pretty but we still did it.. I would not have given up on that core. Makes me sick. Its been downhill really since the Pizza line days (Spezza, Alfie, Heatley) and we finally reached a point where we had something real to build around again. Everytime I see a prospect start succeeding now I just get angry because they could have been playing with Stone, Karlsson, Duchene, Dzingle, Hoffman, Tkachuk etc., Its a joke of an organization and it doesn't deserve any of the fans it has.

END RANT.

:huh:

Reactions: Aerrol

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013

END RANT.

Hahaha, well, hockey fan life can have its ups-and-downs too.

I'm actually in Michigan, I've run into Alfie a couple times in town (no idea if he still has a place here, it's been a couple years since I've seen him). Hilarious to me, as a big hockey fan, that no one recognizes him here.

Reactions: Chabot84

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013

I'm actually in Michigan, I've run into Alfie a couple times in town (no idea if he still has a place here, it's been a couple years since I've seen him). Hilarious to me, as a big hockey fan, that no one recognizes him here.

Ps. I said hello to him once, I was right behind him in a line at Starbucks. When I said excuse me he thought I wanted him to get out of the way so I could get to the newspapers.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009

That's awesome.. I'm so jealous right now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad