LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov (2015, 135th, MIN) - Part II

P10p

May 15, 2012
Is he really going to come in and be a panarin or tarasenko level player?

I hope so as a wild fan. Anyone who watches him alot able to chime in?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Perfect shot to tip by the Dman. Great win on the draw, also. All round great play.

KK won't get free like that in front of the net in the NHL very often, though.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Another goal.

Although I primarily cheer for Canadian teams, Minny is kinda like an adopted nephew that we are cheering for to overcome their unfortunate childhood. I can relate as I was born into a Canucks family). I am really excited to see this player suit up for the Wild after his KHL obligation is met.

Thank you for continuing to do God's work in supplying these clips from Mother Russia. Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: rynryn

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Is he really going to come in and be a panarin or tarasenko level player?

I hope so as a wild fan. Anyone who watches him alot able to chime in?

It's hard to say. He's already a 2nd liner on a good team in the NHL probably, but he needs to take another step to be considered a #1 winger on most teams like those guys. And before that can happen, he needs to play in the NHL.

I don't think he's as elite with the puck as Panarin is, and loses out on size compared to Tarasenko. If i had to guess, he's probably not going to be quite as good.

Still, the most talented scoring winger the Wild have had since Gaborik.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bottom line is that no one knows how good he will be in the NHL. With the trading of Granlund, I would also worry about who on the Wild can keep up with him offensively. Their young forwards have shown little in the way of offensive game, so far.

It's interesting that the three Captains from their respective WJC teams will be playing together. Kunin, Kaprizov, and Eriksson-Ek.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It's hard to say. He's already a 2nd liner on a good team in the NHL probably, but he needs to take another step to be considered a #1 winger on most teams like those guys. And before that can happen, he needs to play in the NHL.

I don't think he's as elite with the puck as Panarin is, and loses out on size compared to Tarasenko. If i had to guess, he's probably not going to be quite as good.

You guys underestimate his high IQ style of playing. He always somehow gets to a scoring position with no defenders around. Look at Dadonov, who plays kind of similar hockey, he does alright in the NHL, and I think, Kaprizov is even better in this. And he has a very good shot as well, very good different shots actually: wristler, slapper, one timer.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Can he come to the NHL this season after KHL season is over?
CSKA is a likely finals participant. After that he has a commitment to the NT to honor. He might be playing hockey longer than the Wild.

Reactions: 42

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
After watching of few games of this disgusting defensive hockey that most teams in KHL play now on new smaller rinks, he is one of few shining players that still look amazing on the ice. He shows great skating, IQ and he is one of small amount of players that really can drive the game, but not just run and gun.

Reactions: rynryn

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

He is waaay better with the puck than Panarin was at his age and he has a much wider variety to his game than Tarasenko. He is a great scorer, but can be a great playmaker without missing a beat. He has some shots in his repertoire. He is every bit as tough as Tarasenko. The 20 pounds Tarasenko has on him you won't see slowing Kaprizov down. He is a force at the boards and he was since day 1.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
You guys underestimate his high IQ style of playing. He always somehow gets to a scoring position with no defenders around. Look at Dadonov, who plays kind of similar hockey, he does alright in the NHL, and I think, Kaprizov is even better in this. And he has a very good shot as well, very good different shots actually: wristler, slapper, one timer.

Well, Dadonov is a really good player, but he's no 1st tier winger. I have no doubt Kaprizov will be at that level, if not better, but it still doesn't necessarily make him as good as Panarin.

He is waaay better with the puck than Panarin was at his age and he has a much wider variety to his game than Tarasenko. He is a great scorer, but can be a great playmaker without missing a beat. He has some shots in his repertoire. He is every bit as tough as Tarasenko. The 20 pounds Tarasenko has on him you won't see slowing Kaprizov down. He is a force at the boards and he was since day 1.

Kaprizov is a better player than Panarin was at his age, but i feel like he's also further down his development path. Bread figured it out a bit later than guys of his talent usually do so the age thing isn't really all that relevant. Besides, skills like that don't just pop out of nowhere, im sure Panarin always had them, it's just different to use them in games. But, im not saying he's on a whole different level compared to Kaprizov in that regard, by any means.

Kaprizov is a competitor that's for sure, but the fact is i don't know many 5'10" players who have been a force along the boards in the NHL. He will be able to hold his own, but i doubt that's going to be a real strength of his. When i watch the KHL there's just so much more room even in the corners, as a shifty guy it makes things easier.

But who knows i guess.

Anyway, im aware of how dangerous he is offensively. And just because i think he doesn't necessarily become a 10M dollar winger, doesn't mean that he won't be really good.

All subjective at this point though.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
he has similar or better #'s at his age than excellent nhl players like tarasenko; panarin; kuznetsov; datzuyk yet because hes not playing in the nhl hes ranked 40th of prospects ? give me a break! if you claim size is an issue what about st louis? debrincat? theo fleury? gaudreau? the list goes on.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well, Dadonov is a really good player, but he's no 1st tier winger. I have no doubt Kaprizov will be at that level, if not better, but it still doesn't necessarily make him as good as Panarin.

Kaprizov is a better player than Panarin was at his age, but i feel like he's also further down his development path. Bread figured it out a bit later than guys of his talent usually do so the age thing isn't really all that relevant. Besides, skills like that don't just pop out of nowhere, im sure Panarin always had them, it's just different to use them in games. But, im not saying he's on a whole different level compared to Kaprizov in that regard, by any means.

Kaprizov is a competitor that's for sure, but the fact is i don't know many 5'10" players who have been a force along the boards in the NHL. He will be able to hold his own, but i doubt that's going to be a real strength of his. When i watch the KHL there's just so much more room even in the corners, as a shifty guy it makes things easier.

But who knows i guess.

Anyway, im aware of how dangerous he is offensively. And just because i think he doesn't necessarily become a 10M dollar winger, doesn't mean that he won't be really good.

All subjective at this point though.
He might have a skillset superior to Panarin's.

Let's wait and see how this size argument plays out on Gusev's part. If Gusev can hold his own in the NHL then Kaprizov will be just fine as he of the two is playing the physical game way above his size.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Kaprizov is 5'10 200+lb. With how sturdy he is I just can't see size being an issue. 5'10 is an issue when the guy weighs 180-185. Not 200+

Reactions: rynryn and Omark

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Have to think he is ready to jump to the NHL. He’s been tearing up the KHL for 4 or 5 years now. You’d think he is dying to see how his game will translate to the NHL. He’s given no reason to think he can’t be a first-line talent in the NHL.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
if he's 5'10" and 200 lbs for real i like his chances of survival along the boards or anywhere. That's a lot of mass in a lower center of gravity than the 6'2" guys around the same weight no one worries about.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Does he remind anyone of a young Parise? Same sort of build, great hand eye, and ability to score in all sorts of ways. I think Parise might've been a bit faster when he was younger.

Reactions: d rake

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
if he's 5'10" and 200 lbs for real i like his chances of survival along the boards or anywhere. That's a lot of mass in a lower center of gravity than the 6'2" guys around the same weight no one worries about.
He's not really that big lol. I saw him standing next Linden Vey and he looked closer to 5'8. Theres also no way he's 200 lbs. He's like Parise/Marchessault sized.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad