LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov (2015, 135th, MIN) - Part II

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Was KK taken off the top line during these playoffs? Seems he was playing with Svetlakov a lot?
Call me a weirdo, but I have a fascination with Svetlakov. Seems to me that he could be a 4th liner on the Wild at a minimum. Seems like he can skate, handle the puck a bit, has a good defensive game, and decent strength.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MN sports are cursed. No finals APPEARANCE in the big four sports since 1991. 103 seasons have come and gone. I don't really expect this guy to ever wear a Wild jersey because Minnesota. Not sure what we did to deserve it as our winters are awful... but we do have some of the best summers and falls, I guess...
Kaprizov is Russian, you know, not Egyptian. He can hack our winters just fine, which are milder than those in EDM, CAL, WPG, MTL, and just a bit heavier than what they have in TOR/BOS/DET/CHI.

What a player wants is to be going to a competitive team, usually. Since that is the only thing that MN can control, best they concentrate on that. Not sure if Fenton is the guy to do it, but he certainly is taking bold steps to change the status quo.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Kaprizov is Russian, you know, not Egyptian. He can hack our winters just fine, which are milder than those in EDM, CAL, WPG, MTL, and just a bit heavier than what they have in TOR/BOS/DET/CHI.

What a player wants is to be going to a competitive team, usually. Since that is the only thing that MN can control, best they concentrate on that. Not sure if Fenton is the guy to do it, but he certainly is taking bold steps to change the status quo.
I didn't say anything about him handling winter.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Or maybe he's rational enough to realize that even if he doesn't like Minnesota for some reason, playing out his ELC there is his easiest path to the NHL.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Or you could hope for CSKA crashing out of the playoffs and getting him Gusev style in the first few rounds.
I can hope. But CSKA crashing is unlikely, but them crashing and the wild sneaking into the plods next year is more unlikely. I’d rather not have to protect him in expansion either

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
With all KHL stars left the league he definitely looks like its best player now, scored a hatty plus a pass in 5-2 victory over Edmon... I mean, Lokomotiv. And he's still only 22.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad