LW/RW Joachim Blichfeld - Portland Winterhawks, WHL (2016, 210th, SJS)

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
He’s done so well in the AhL. I can’t really tell if that will transfer to the nhl. But for a 7th round pick, looks like they got a real steal. WHether he ends up a top 6 or middle 6. And toughness to boot.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
He’s done so well in the AhL. I can’t really tell if that will transfer to the nhl. But for a 7th round pick, looks like they got a real steal. WHether he ends up a top 6 or middle 6. And toughness to boot.

I wouldn't say he's tough, he just ran into MacKinnon once.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Kid has been phenomenal in the AHL, I hope he gets significant NHL ice time next season. Definitely a make or break year from him, he has to show he’s an NHL-caliber player.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Blichfeld has signed a two-year contract with Vaxjo of the SHL.

Honestly it doesn't seem he has an NHL future. He has a good shot, but shows no effort defensively and doesn't really generate offense. I would have been surprised to see him get an offer from the Sharks.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Following the footsteps up Ivan Chekhovich. Late round pick, dominate the CHL, put up good AHL numbers, then f*** off to Europe

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Played well in the Olympics & WC. Got zero time with the Sharks this year.

Is he just not good enough, getting passed over by better players, or just flat out not cut out for the NHL?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada

Is he just not good enough, getting passed over by better players, or just flat out not cut out for the NHL?
Wasn't good enough to make our crap team that lacked scoring depth and right shots. Everyone seems to say he lacked the work ethic to earn his opportunity.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Not good enough. He gives 0 effort and is a huge floater.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

The stuff we’ve heard is that (in a nutshell) he won’t work on the things that he’s been told he needs to work on (specifically off-puck play, but I haven’t seen too much of him so I can’t speak to exactly what). He has the offensive talent to be an NHLer, but not a top-6 scorer, so what he should be doing is rounding out his game to find himself a niche in the bottom-6 of an NHL team. Instead, he seems to just keep doing more of what made him successful in juniors despite getting plenty of feedback from his coaches.

I won’t miss him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad