LW/RW Fabian Lysell (2021, 21st, BOS)

ijuka

May 14, 2016
First round pick -> 0 points at WJC has been a strong bust indicator. Almost everyone who's done that has been a bust.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
First round pick -> 0 points at WJC has been a strong bust indicator. Almost everyone who's done that has been a bust.

How many previous first round picks with 0 points at WJC went on to score ~1 PPG in the AHL during the same season (with ~20 games played or more)? Genuinely curious,.. although I'd guess this list is relatively short.

But let's take WJC out of the equation for a second; how many first rounders in their first AHL season produced a ~1 PPG as a teenager? Would this be a strong not-a-bust indicator?

Context is important here and that's exactly why I wouldn't be worried if I was a BOS fan. Discouraged? Sure. But the WJC he had last year was impressive given his age. His AHL season this year is even more impressive given his age. At the end of the day WJC is a small sample size - valuable nonetheless, but I'd pick production in the AHL over only producing at 50% of the WJC's they play in.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Seems relevant to the recent discourse:

I'm not going to say Lysell wasn't a big disappointment in the tournament but let's not act like he was the worst player on the ice. Also people seem to forget he left the first Czechia game early with an illness. Perhaps that may have played a part in his under-performance?

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Probably the best skater in the AHL. But he will benefit from being slow-cooked. His offensive game will only get better with time. Like Mavrik Bourque who is leading the AHL in points this year. As of now.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
He's been playing his best hockey since the beginning of the 2023 season,Coach called him out about a Month ago and it seems like it finally sank in,we'll see ,I'm cautiously optimistic

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Here's a clip of the incident. He hit the boards pretty hard and had to be helped off the ice. I'd be surprised if he plays again this season which is a shame because he had been playing really well of late.

Man that really sucks for him hope it's a quick recovery.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad