LW Ridly Greig - Ottawa Senators, NHL (2020, 28th, OTT)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He's built pretty solid though. I want to say his stature reminds me a bit of Mike Fisher but pound for pound, Fisher may have been the strongest guy in the league during his playing years. Greig is not quite there but he plays a heavy game for not being especially large.

I am still surprised he's a rookie out there. He looks like a guy who has been in the league for a few years now.

Imagine he's a staple top 9 guy for many years.

Fisher was on the IR a lot.

That style of play takes its toll.

I wanted to make the Darcy Tucker comparison but Tucker was bat shit insane and talked a lot of shit all game.

I’m fairly certain Grieg talks a lot of shit.

He takes some abuse after whistles in general, long before this Rielly thing.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
Fisher was on the IR a lot.

That style of play takes its toll.

I’m fairly certain Grieg talks a lot of shit.

He takes some abuse after whistles in general, long before this Rielly thing.
Don't you dare correct me, Nyquil.

I'm the 4th incarnation of a poster that started posting here in 2005. When you were in diapers. I saw the rise and fall of HFBroads.

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He's built pretty solid though. I want to say his stature reminds me a bit of Mike Fisher but pound for pound, Fisher may have been the strongest guy in the league during his playing years. Greig is not quite there but he plays a heavy game for not being especially large.

I am still surprised he's a rookie out there. He looks like a guy who has been in the league for a few years now.

Imagine he's a staple top 9 guy for many years.

No knock on Greig as a player but his build is closer to the opposite of Fisher, he's thin.

Definitely a higher injury risk the way he plays.

Reactions: Oscar The Grouch

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
No knock on Greig as a player but his build is closer to the opposite of Fisher, he's thin.

Definitely a higher injury risk the way he plays.

Agreed. Fisher was a brick shit-house. 6'1" and 216lbs. Greig is currently 6'0" and 184lbs. World of difference. And yes, Greig might get bigger, but probably not by much.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Right, but I don't think that has as much bearing on durability. Like Wayne Simmonds wrecked himself.

I don’t disagree at all, just point out he’s putting in work and doing what he can. He’s just an ectomorph.

He will definitely have to pick his spots wisely and learn to protect himself in collisions.

Maybe ask Batherson to connect him with Marchand to get some pointers.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I heard Mike Peca which feels more accurate than Tucker.
Greig definitely has more natural born talent than Tucker. I think it's reasonable to suggest Greig has the skill to be a very good top 6 player. Obviously development/durability will dictate that but that definitely aligns more with Peca.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
In an odd way the whole situation with Rielly is a huge win for Greig.
Put his name on the lips of almost all fans.
People are going to pay more attention, meaning more money for him.

Greig definitely has more natural born talent than Tucker. I think it's reasonable to suggest Greig has the skill to be a very good top 6 player. Obviously development/durability will dictate that but that definitely aligns more with Peca.
If he can stay hot over the next bit, it could change his whole career arc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad