LW Ridly Greig - Ottawa Senators, NHL (2020, 28th, OTT)

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I doubt Greig will ever be a big point producer in the NHL but I could see him as a supreme pest/agitator who plays his best in the playoffs. Maybe a guy like Matt Cooke...but not quite as dirty.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
This hearing was effectively a press release warning the rest of the league.

If he can rein in the nastiness a bit and push the scoring edge a bit more, he's going to set up shop in opposing players heads pretty quick.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I hope the Ridley Greig special gets some traction going… Who wants a Gordie Howe Hatty when you can score + game misconduct.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
This is another guy thats going to make Detroit Ottawa games interesting in the future. Tkachuk, Greig, Boucher and Sanderson are going to have some battles with Seider, Smith, Edvinsson, Sebrango and maybe Bertuzzi. Neither team is gonna out skill Tampa or Toronto but the grit skill combo theyre both building might cause some issues

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Shouldn’t be producing more? He looked really good in Ottawa pre season and is now at 11 pts in 11 games but i expected him to be closer to 1.5 pts per game. Weaker Brandon team or what?

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Shouldn’t be producing more? He looked really good in Ottawa pre season and is now at 11 pts in 11 games but i expected him to be closer to 1.5 pts per game. Weaker Brandon team or what?

He's on a pretty weak Brandon team and it's still early in the season. 70-80 pts would be more or less meeting expectations and he's tracking in that direction.

For a totally unbiased comparison, Brendan Gallagher scored 77 pts in 54 games in his D+2 year on a poor Vancouver Giants team. Thats a 1.4 ppg pace and Greig is at 1.1.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
The old drawn out cliche of a player "being built for Playoff hockey" gets used a lot, but he fits in perfectly with that characterization.

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
Quietly(?) having a very impressive season. Currently second in the W behind Savoie in ppg at 1.56, second behind Bedard for SOG/g and has not registered a point in only 2 games this season which is tied for tops in the league. Top 5 in PIMs to top it off.
People saying he is a future third liner .... comical.
Kid is going to be a perennial all star.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad