LW Patrik Puistola - Mikkelin Jukurit, Liiga (2019, 73rd, CAR; traded to EDM)

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Finnish hockey fans. Why does Puistola have a different helmet on versus the rest of the team? Any significance? Or is it just his helmet from his former team?

It's an advertisement thing. He's the young star of his team and he wears a Red Bull helmet for it. Every team has one, I don't remember what the age limit for it is.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Too slow to be NHL player, I think.
And does Oilers have any interest to sign Puistola?
Puistola's draft year was 2019 so his NHL draft expires this summer.

Jukurit probably won't make to playoffs in SM liiga
so is Puistola going to Oilers or will he join Team Finland's world championship training camp
( if Jalonen takes him to lions )

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Fifteen goals and +8 through 40 games with Jukurit - both approaching career highs. Any reason to believe he can compete in North America or are his deficiencies still too much to overcome?

Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Fifteen goals and +8 through 40 games with Jukurit - both approaching career highs. Any reason to believe he can compete in North America or are his deficiencies still too much to overcome?
I just do not believe he has the motor, speed, strength and especially the explosiveness to deliver there. Because he's surely more of a top6-9 type of a forward and not a bottom role player. He hasn't that side in him because of physical limitations imo. And yeah, he's no top6 for the NHL.
Would love to be wrong.
I mean he's no better than other Liiga players like Turkulainen, Huuhtanen, Niku, Levtchi, Mäntykivi, Mäenpää.

Last edited:

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
I just do not believe he has the motor, speed, strength and especially the explosiveness to deliver there. Because he's surely more of a top6-9 type of a forward and not a bottom role player. He hasn't that side in him because of physical limitations imo. And yeah, he's no top6 for the NHL.
Would love to be wrong.
I mean he's no better than other Liiga players like Turkulainen, Huuhtanen, Niku, Levtchi, Mäntykivi, Mäenpää.
I know they arent that similar but i agree puistola doesnt make the nhl as a
Top6, probably not as a bottom 6 either. As is known now, his type of
Production relative
To age although good, isnt necessarily screaming future success.is Jani nyman much better in liiga or similar trajectory?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad