LW Patrik Laine - Tappara, FEL (2016 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
3+0, contrary to stats Finland's 2nd goal was assisted by Juolevi and Nättinen.

Oh yeah, didn't remember that.

I don't really know what to think of him. 3 great goals with unbelievable shots but he just tried way too much to be fancy. Tried to do some crazy between the legs deke on breakaway and some ridicilous toe drags around the d-man. Don't know how that will work vs better opponents.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
If Laine and Puljujärvi continue this path can they challenge for 1st overall?

jaa

Oct 24, 2013
Who is better? Laine or Pulju?

Really hard to say for now. Both are really, really promising players obviously. Puljujärvi has been the best of his age group for couple of years now and Finnish media seem to "like" him more. I haven't seen either of them live, because junior games are rarely shown in Finland. But what I've heard and seen so far, both are pretty similar players. Big frame, really good shot, skill and vision are attributes that both of these kids have.

2016 should be the best draft Finland has ever seen, in terms of first rounders. Idk if it's too early to say, but I think both Laine and Puljujärvi will be first rounders and some of our 1998-born d-men will also be noted in the top30. Can't wait for 2018 and 2022 olympics, following years will show the true potential of our many quality prospects.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Three goals, all wristers to top shelf. Few nice checks, one breakaway where he tried to shoot between his legs (was really close) and couple of other nice plays with the puck. His skating looked OK for a player of his size. A bit lazy forechecker and floats in the neutral zone. I think his skill compensates many of the weaknesses. Very fluid and talented stickhandler, obviously has a pretty special shot for a Finnish prospect and passes the puck well. Kinda reminds me of Corey Perry.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Laine now has 6+1 after two games, Nättinen 1+6, Palmu 1+3. Two wristers and one slap shot from blueline today for Laine.

EDIt: I think this was Laine´s 4th hat trick in the national team this year. 3 for U17 (Russian, Switzerland and now Czechs) and 1 for U16 (Germany). Insane.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Laine now has 6+1 after two games, Nättinen 1+6, Palmu 1+3. Two wristers and one slap shot from blueline today for Laine.

EDIt: I think this was Laine´s 4th hat trick in the national team this year. 3 for U17 (Russian, Switzerland and now Czechs) and 1 for U16 (Germany). Insane.

Against USA too so make it 5.

Redline report tweeted that he is early candidate for #1 overall for 2016 draft. Being already 6'3 and 201 lbs with really dynamic skillls and elite shot. Too early to tell and my knowledge about 2016 prospects isn't good enough to buy that tweet. But sounds promising.

Last edited:

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Is it out of the question to predict that he will get some games in LIIGA as soon as he turns 16?

Keke

Dec 6, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
No way those guys are there. They'll be either with the U-18 team or some even at the WJC.

There is a possibility that the other (Puljujärvi and Laine) might play in the WJC so of course they play there BUT if they don't make it I really hope they play in WHC U17 because it's a bigger and more important tournament than one random U18 tournament.

I am actually thinking that after the summer training with Ville Nieminen (hope he becomes an assistant coach) Laine will play in 2015 WJC.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
There is a possibility that the other (Puljujärvi and Laine) might play in the WJC so of course they play there BUT if they don't make it I really hope they play in WHC U17 because it's a bigger and more important tournament than one random U18 tournament.

I am actually thinking that after the summer training with Ville Nieminen (hope he becomes an assistant coach) Laine will play in 2015 WJC.

It's not. It's better for their development to play against older players.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Is it out of the question to predict that he will get some games in LIIGA as soon as he turns 16?

I doubt it. Barkov probably was not as offensively talented as Laine is, but his overall game was much better.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu

This season? No way.

Maybe next season if he trains with the pro team the whole summer and improves his all around game and skating a bit.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
His favourite team is washington. He plays alot like Ovechkin so it's not hard to guess his favourite player.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Another game, another goal.

Crappy powerplay goal vs Russia in the first period to put Finland up 1-0

2 more assists in the first period, Finland is leading 3-0 already

Last edited:

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
THis KID

Whats wrong with this kid?! 13 minutes in to the first period against russia and allready 3 points... its just so freekin amazing! pure offensive tallent!

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Another game, another goal.

Crappy powerplay goal vs Russia in the first period to put Finland up 1-0

2 more assists in the first period, Finland is leading 3-0 already

He didnt even touch the puck on the second goal and had a third assist in the 3-0 goal. I dont even know how is it possible to mess up the stats this bad.

Laine has 7+0 at the moment. Not 7+3.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
He didnt even touch the puck on the second goal and had a third assist in the 3-0 goal. I dont even know how is it possible to mess up the stats this bad.

Laine has 7+0 at the moment. Not 7+3.

oh okey, kinda messy huh? love the fact that he have dunne 7 goals.. feels like I dont even want him to do assists ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad