LW Patrik Laine - Tappara, FEL (2016 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Sebastian Aho might turn out a Great prospect for that year to

Off topic: how is Puljujärvi doing in that tournament in calgary?

Puljujarvi was fabulous tonight. Excellent skater, incredibly quick and strong. Dazzling hands. A little bit of a selfish attitude, but has an insane skill set and is a major prospect.

Laine did not play. I was told he was suspended for abuse of an official (not making this up). Just was I heard, didnt hear the length of his suspension (if true).

The whole Finnish team was/is way too good for this tourney.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
You watched Red Deer game, right? What did you think of Steenbergen?

He didn't impress me. Seemed to just float around, was not using his feet to make plays. very good thinker of the game and has quick hands and a nice shot.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Laine did not play. I was told he was suspended for abuse of an official (not making this up). Just was I heard, didnt hear the length of his suspension (if true).

Yeah, Laine got a misconduct in the 3rd game, dont know the reason, but could be that. He certainly has some personality and to be honest, I like that. Laine was also one of the players that got ejected from Pohjola-Camp last year. Interesting player for sure.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Yeah, Laine got a misconduct in the 3rd game, dont know the reason, but could be that. He certainly has some personality and to be honest, I like that. Laine was also one of the players that got ejected from Pohjola-Camp last year. Interesting player for sure.

The tournament's Twitter account says he got a misconduct in the previous game for reaching over and slashing an opponent from the bench.

https://twitter.com/macstournament/status/417538443854364673

As for Pohjola, IIRC, he was not on the list of players sent home from the camp because of the snus, but he was indeed thrown out for some reason.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Ok, I like him even more now:)

Yeah he reached over and slashed an opponent. A parent from another team told me he push a ref or something. Sorry about the confusion. Either way Finland still dominated Calgary yesterday.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
projekt

When do you guys projekt Patrik Laine and Puljujärvi will make their first apperence in the jr 20 squad?

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
When do you guys projekt Patrik Laine and Puljujärvi will make their first apperence in the jr 20 squad?

In the home tourney at the earliest (2016). The latest, unless something happens to their development, both will start in the 2017 tourney.

Stoat

Jan 5, 2014
Oulu

I believe next year. As they are already dominating Finnish juniors and next year we don't have that good of a batch in U20.

- Stoat

Petri1981

Dec 20, 2013

2016 most likely. If they make it to the 2015 WJC roster they have to be quite expectional players, like Barkov.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
2016 most likely. If they make it to the 2015 WJC roster they have to be quite expectional players, like Barkov.

And like Granlund for example. They are really supposed to be exceptional prospects, the most promising ones from their age-groups internationally. Granlund, Määttä, Barkov at least represented Finland in u20's as 3 years ''underaged'' players so it is possible to see them next year.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Are these guys expected to play in FEL next year? Like Barkov did when he was 16.

No.

Similar development path to Armia,Teräväinen and Granlund is more likely. (First season as 17 year old)

Wouldn't be surprised if they got a few games in second part of the season though like Lehkonen did. (as 16 year old)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The tournament's Twitter account says he got a misconduct in the previous game for reaching over and slashing an opponent from the bench.

https://twitter.com/macstournament/status/417538443854364673

As for Pohjola, IIRC, he was not on the list of players sent home from the camp because of the snus, but he was indeed thrown out for some reason.

I read at Jatkoaika that some coach or veteran player had talks with Laine during the summer and it seems to have gotten his head straight and he's behaving more like a professional these days.

Stoat

Jan 5, 2014
Oulu
No.

Similar development path to Armia,Teräväinen and Granlund is more likely. (First season as 17 year old)

Wouldn't be surprised if they got a few games in second part of the season though like Lehkonen did. (as 16 year old)

Offtopic, but Granlund played his first FEL match at 16.

And I feel that Laine and Puljujärvi are physically way better than Granlund at his age. I'm actually pretty sure that both of these players play atleast one match in FEL next season.

- Stoat

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Offtopic, but Granlund played his first FEL match at 16.

I meant Mikael, who play his first FEL match on his 17th birthday with Kärpät in 2009.

As for Laine, Tappara has 10(8) forwards(Jormakka and Palola may leave in summer) under contract for next year and only have few guys in juniors ahead of Laine.(Rauhala and Pelamo maybe) So him getting ice time with Tappara sometime next season is likely.

Puljujärvi has much more work to do as he's not even close to a first junior player to be called up by Kärpät next year.

Stoat

Jan 5, 2014
Oulu
I meant Mikael, who play his first FEL match on his 17th birthday with Kärpät in 2009.

As for Laine, Tappara has 10(8) forwards(Jormakka and Palola may leave in summer) under contract for next year and only have few guys in juniors ahead of Laine.(Rauhala and Pelamo maybe) So him getting ice time with Tappara sometime next season is likely.

Puljujärvi has much more work to do as he's not even close to a first junior player to be called up by Kärpät next year.

I'm becoming old. I thought Mikael played already when he was 16. I checked it and admit that I was wrong.

About Puljujärvi breaking into Kärpät roster would of course be a stretch, but he's among the best of Kärpät U20. Maybe not as ready as Sami Anttila, but I feel that he's as good as Sebastian Aho (or even better).

- Stoat

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Anyone know about Julius Nattinen? He was a 97 born forward on the U17 team. Size, skill, smarts. Really think he is a prospect for next year's NHL Draft.

Also Olli Juolevi (98) won Macs Tournament Top Defenseman. He is a good puck mover, strong skater, and quick thinker.

Keke

Dec 6, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Another goal tonight, 24 goals and 10 assists in 39 games now :amazed:

That is insane :yo:

Really can't wait for next season's U17 WHC:

Mäkinen - Räsänen - Laine
Kuokkanen - Somppi - Puljujärvi
(Don't know about any other forwards. Too many options.)

Vaakanainen - Juolevi
Reunanen - Välimäki
Felixson - Niemeläinen

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That is insane :yo:

Really can't wait for next season's U17 WHC:

Mäkinen - Räsänen - Laine
Kuokkanen - Somppi - Puljujärvi
(Don't know about any other forwards. Too many options.)

Vaakanainen - Juolevi
Reunanen - Välimäki
Felixson - Niemeläinen

No way those guys are there. They'll be either with the U-18 team or some even at the WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad