LW Oskar Olausson - Barrie Colts, OHL, (2021, 28th, COL)

yessir29292

Dec 11, 2021
What was the reason for his trade to Oshawa, a team that has been worse than Barrie so far?
Barrie traded him for two reasons. Most of their team is returning next year so they can go for it then, Oskar will be in the NHL/AHL next year. And their owner is being cheap and doesn’t wanna go for a run with no tickets being sold.

Oshawa’s owners son, Ty Tullio, is in his last season. They now have a chance to go on a playoff run.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Most disappointing stat line in the OHL this year? Just 29 pts in 32 games, not even PPG. For a guy picked 21st overall that’s laughably bad. Only aboout 2.5 months older than Chromiak, mind you.
4 pts in 10 games since being dealt away from Barrie, and that’s with great usage too.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Most disappointing stat line in the OHL this year? Just 29 pts in 32 games, not even PPG. For a guy picked 21st overall that’s laughably bad. Only aboout 2.5 months older than Chromiak, mind you.
4 pts in 10 games since being dealt away from Barrie, and that’s with great usage too.
First off: He was picked 28th. And it's his first year in NA. Chase Stillman was picked directly after Oskar, and has 27 points in 34 games in the OHL.

As far as Chromiak goes: he's younger than him, not older. And Chromiak is playing for a top team, tbh their placement in the standings is disappointing considering all the talent on that team.

Reactions: MaKarter

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
First off: He was picked 28th. And it's his first year in NA. Chase Stillman was picked directly after Oskar, and has 27 points in 34 games in the OHL.

As far as Chromiak goes: he's younger than him, not older. And Chromiak is playing for a top team, tbh their placement in the standings is disappointing considering all the talent on that team.
Not as relevant as you think, it definitely can be a major factor. I remember how much trouble zacha had adjusting and he’s become a pretty good NHLer. Yet Multiple examples go directly against that point, who also do not have the same kind of usage as Olausson does. But yes I was probably a bit premature in my statement. However, still, under a ppg in OHL, that’s not a concern for a late first rounder. I would be curious to see about stats in past 5 years of Euros coming to CHL.

And yes my mistake on the wording, I mean Chromiak older by 2.5 months with the august birthday.

Last edited:

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
He had 25 points in 22 games with Barrie. Not so hot in Oshawa but he has been mostly playing 3rd line there and having troubles adjusting. Let’s give it more time before we call him a bust

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
never titled him as a potential "star". but as a former 1st rounder, the Avs must have seen some potential
He's a late birthday who didn't show that much in his 17 year old season (his true DY) in the J20 but had a decent split 18 year old season in the Allsvenskan and SHL, showing potential to be a sniper. The Avalanche decided to bring him over to North America to play his 19 year old season in the O and he struggled to dominate junior here. His 20 year old season in the A was disappointing and he's just been meh in the A in his 21 year old season so far.

Reactions: Johnny Danger

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
He's pretty disappointing in the A as a 21 year old, wouldn't be surprised to see him be part of a quantity type package at the deadline for the Avalanche to address current roster needs.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Glad to see he's on a bit of a run the last 8 games or so. Hopefully a turning point.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
5 goals in his last six games (also +6). Olausson may be figuring out some things. Looks quite good suddenly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad