LW Oskar Olausson - Barrie Colts, OHL, (2021, 28th, COL)

Alex Taxman

FSHockey
Jul 11, 2019
www.futurescopehockey.com
Oskar Olausson at eliteprospects.com

I've seen him listed as a potential first round pick, but couldn't find a thread on him. Can someone tell me more about him?
He's got good size and great speed, and his wrist shot accuracy is out of this world. Does a great job carrying the puck in transition and can skate circles with it in the offensive zone. At this point he's a pure scoring winger, but there's definitely more there.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
No way this guy isn't a first rounder. Could push for a top 10 spot if he keeps going.

Agree. You'll never find a player with his size, explosiveness, hands and shot outside the 1st round. He needs to share the puck a bit more but I don't really see anything major to worry about in his game either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Will be interesting to see where Eklund, Lysell and Olausson all go - they all look like they could be pretty high end first rounders. Eklund’s got the most proven track record, Lysell’s got the flash but is the youngest and has yet to establish himself in the SHL while Olausson from these clips honestly looks to have the best combination of skill and size.

Any Swede or prospect followers care to order those three in terms of preference for the NHL? Lysell started the season with the most fanfare it seems but the other two have got to be big risers based on their play recently.

Reactions: Drafter

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Are we seeing a shift in draft position? Playing against older players in Europe and US college seems to be an important factor, especially when guys are compared to those playing in the CHL.

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
Was upgraded to an A rated prospect by Central Scouting. Cannot paste the link for some reason....Article from Mike Morreale on NHL.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad