LW Oskar Lindblom - Brynas, SWE (2014, 138th, PHI)

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
As an optimistic Flyer fan, I don't want to start predicting too far ahead, but if the rest of the prospects we've drafted, or even 75% of them, turn out as well as Provorov and Konecny have, it's certainly encouraging. A big key to the depth will be the 7 picks in the top 108 this year too. If they can hit on a few future NHLers out of that bunch, it will really help.

Last couple drafts look promising: http://flyers.ice.nhl.com/club/draftstats.htm?year=All&round=All&team=PHI

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
Konecny-Hischier/Patrick-Simmonds
Laughton-Couturier-Schenn
Vorobyov-Rubtsov-Allison
Kase/Aube-Kubel/Laczynski/Bunnaman/Laberge

Provorov-Myers
Sanheim-Gudas (Radko will be around awhile)
Morin-Gostisbehere
Hagg-Friedman

Hart
Sandstrom
Madsen - starred at Harvard
Stolarz - proved he can at least play in NHL this year

First of all, congratulations. It's nice to be a Flyers fan now.

But secondly, it makes much more sense to project Vorobiev as a center because he is good at faceoffs. Rubtsov plays wing now.

I hope Lindblom is this good.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

But secondly, it makes much more sense to project Vorobiev as a center because he is good at faceoffs. Rubtsov plays wing now.

Yeah, I can see Vorobyov at C and Rubtsov at wing. Just trying to squeeze the top 6 talent into a top 9. ;)

I really think Lindblom will turn out to be a very good player. It's his hockey sense and vision combined with size, skill, touch. He's great along the boards, quick release, clever passing and tenacity. He's just a gamer and I think it'll translate very well to NHL.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Agreed. It's just nice to finally have options. No more Schenn at C or Laughton on the #2 C scoring line.

And with 10 picks in this draft, hopefully Hextall can have another great draft and add even more depth for the future.

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
Filthadelphia Flyers

Not even that they are dirty, its that their damn roster is going to be filthy in 2-3 years.

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
Konecny-2nd OV-Simmonds

Sprinkle in the tremendous backend they are building

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Myers

And probably the best goalie prospects in the world not in the NHL

Hart
Sandstrom

This isn't even including all the glue guys, and secondary support....In three years I see the battle for the cup will be between Toronto/Philly/Edmonton/Wild

Having Couturier at 3C with 2 top end offensive lines above will be huge for the Flyers as well. And that top 6 doesn't include Schenn either who is only 25 and has been a 25 goal 55+ pt guy that last 2 yrs. Him on the 3rd line and same role on 1st PP unit would be dope.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Man, Philly is going to be a great team sooner rather than later. A few young studs.

I've been a hardcore Flyers fan since 1998. I have NEVER seen us with a prospect pool this deep or high end TBH. Just Starting at Ghost...

Ghost -3rd
Provorov - 1st
Konecny - 1st
Sanheim - 1st
Myers -Undrafted
Rubtsov - 1st
Morin - 1st
Lindbolm - 5th
Hagg - 2nd
Vorobyov - 6th
Laberge - 2nd
Friedman - 3rd
Allison - 2nd...and this is a short list. Didn't even mention goalies

Stolarz - 2nd
Lyon - Undrafted
Hart - 2nd
Sandstrom - 3rd
Madsen - 6h

Hischier/Patrick - 1st
- 2nd
- 3rd x 2
- 4th x 3
- etc...

Just a silly amount of talent in the pool. Realistically half of those guys will bust lol. However, very solid drafting.

Sorry Back to the Sweede, I derailed the conversation...

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
^^^^

It's funny that you list that many players, and still didn't mention 4 other guys who were at the WJC this year in Laczynski, Kase, Bernhardt and Tomek. And Hogberg should be making it this year.

As you said, very solid drafting.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
^^^^

It's funny that you list that many players, and still didn't mention 4 other guys who were at the WJC this year in Laczynski, Kase, Bernhardt and Tomek. And Hogberg should be making it this year.

As you said, very solid drafting.

Lol seriously, I just realized I forgot Hagg...I had to go back and add him.
Remember when Taylor Leier was our best offensive prospect...

If I were Hextall I would be looking to ship off extra picks to move up and or move out a bad contract...Eventually, we won't have the contract space to sign everyone. Time to go quality over quantity.

Last edited:

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Being a Flyers fan means half expecting 90% of these players to flop...but I cant help but get excited about them.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I've been a hardcore Flyers fan since 1998. I have NEVER seen us with a prospect pool this deep or high end TBH. Just Starting at Ghost...

Ghost -3rd
Provorov - 1st
Konecny - 1st
Sanheim - 1st
Myers -Undrafted
Rubtsov - 1st
Morin - 1st
Lindbolm - 5th
Hagg - 2nd
Vorobyov - 6th
Laberge - 2nd
Friedman - 3rd
Allison - 2nd...and this is a short list. Didn't even mention goalies

Stolarz - 2nd
Lyon - Undrafted
Hart - 2nd
Sandstrom - 3rd
Madsen - 6h

Hischier/Patrick - 1st
- 2nd
- 3rd x 2
- 4th x 3
- etc...

Just a silly amount of talent in the pool. Realistically half of those guys will bust lol. However, very solid drafting.

Sorry Back to the Sweede, I derailed the conversation...

This is the best group I have ever seen and trust me when I tell you I have a day or two on you as far as being a hardcore fan of the Flyers
PS: I hope he is half as good as advertised.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Lol seriously, I just realized I forgot Hagg...I had to go back and add him.
Remember when Taylor Leier was our best offensive prospect...

If I were Hextall I would be looking to ship off extra picks to move up and or move out a bad contract...Eventually, we won't have the contract space to sign everyone. Time to go quality over quantity.

When that day comes the bad deals will be gone. We're in no cap hell at all.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Exited to see what he can do this coming season, hopefully he has a smooth transition , could surprise alot of people.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Exited to see what he can do this coming season, hopefully he has a smooth transition , could surprise alot of people.

Look at it this way:

He gets either Giroux, Patrick or Couturier as his C. So either way, he will play with a quality C.

The trading of Schenn opens up a LH shooting spot on the top PP unit....and Lindblom is a LH shooter. Seems like they traded Schenn while his points were boosted from that PP and Lindblom can step right into that role.

I think if he is on the top PP, he will get around 48 points this year. I think he beats Patrick in fact.

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
Look at it this way:

He gets either Giroux, Patrick or Couturier as his C. So either way, he will play with a quality C.

The trading of Schenn opens up a LH shooting spot on the top PP unit....and Lindblom is a LH shooter. Seems like they traded Schenn while his points were boosted from that PP and Lindblom can step right into that role.

I think if he is on the top PP, he will get around 48 points this year. I think he beats Patrick in fact.

Lindblom is perfect for that role. I hope this year he can show he can take it over right away.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Look at it this way:

That would be phenomenal. It should mean that he can eventually get to 60 pts. I agree with the analysis. He's going to have great talent and playing time. It should translate well.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
He hasn't played much in the AHL and in pre-season he looked like he was still trying to find his NA game. He was strong on the boards but lacked scoring touch to warrant playing him over some of our other prospects that were ready to come up. I think there's plenty of time before we start calling him a bust. We're playing with 5 new faces in the big club and I know you're going to point to Toronto and say we could ice more, but that's not what we're doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad