LW Nils Höglander - Rögle, SHL (2019, 40th, VAN)

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Has some decent stats. Will be interesting to see how he does this season and how that impacts his draft status/placement.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
He has a pretty interesting story. Grew up in the deep woods of Sweden in a village called Bockträsk with a population somewhere around 20. Unfortunately his older sister suddenly passed away at the age of 13. He has since then played for multiple teams in different cities like Clemensnäs (Skellefteå), Timrå, AIK (Stockholm) and now Rögle (Ängelholm). Hopefully he can find a good situation there.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Apparently, the Leafs scouts met with him this past week.

Doesn't mean much but from the highlights I've seen, he seems like a feisty player with some offense to him. Could go late 1st depending on how the year goes, but 2nd round is the most likely scenario.

Reactions: mail

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
For anyone who has seen him more than me: how does he compare to Jesper Bratt? Strikes me as a similar type player.

Feb 19, 2018
Pretty happy with this pick and watching the Canucks in a few years they will be one of the most exciting in the league.

Reactions: mail

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Only got a minute in and had to comment that I'm still flabbergasted he got out of the 1st round.
I feel like he could end up being one of the best players out of this draft.

Already hes a great skater, excellent puck handling, very good passer and with a quick release to boot.

And he doesnt shy away from the physical at all.

Couple that with his insane fitness work ethic and it seems the sky the limit with him. Maybe Marty St Louis v2.0.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Was very impressed when I saw him for the first time at the u17s thought he was easily team Sweden's best player. If he was a couple inches taller he would have been a top 10 pick, still a crime he wasn't a first round pick this year despite his size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad