LW Nikita Gusev - SKA, KHL (2012, 202nd, TBL; traded to VGK)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Gusev isn't softer than Johnny Hockey. He actually forechecks pretty hard and does a lot of things right. He's a great skater and has a good shot as well. If Tampa wanna send him to the AHL first, it won't sign him. Pity, but it's not Nikita's problem. And it looks like Kucherov doesn't have anything good to tell his best friend about the organization.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Gusev isn't softer than Johnny Hockey. He actually forechecks pretty hard and does a lot of things right. He's a great skater and has a good shot as well. If Tampa wanna send him to the AHL first, it won't sign him. Pity, but it's not Nikita's problem. And it looks like Kucherov doesn't have anything good to tell his best friend about the organization.

I'm not sure where you pulled that from, especially with Kucherov saying on record he's approached Yzerman about signing Gusev. He wouldn't try and get Gusev signed if he didn't like the organization.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
I really want to see this guy play in the NHL. I hope Yzerman manages to get this done. It would be a shame if we never got the chance to see what he could do - whether he be Panarin, Omark, Something in between, or even something lesser. His skill-set, production, and growth are strong indicators that he should have success. Playing on Tampa would be a boon for him IMO as there is talent on every line for him to play with.

Funny to think that Grigorenko might end up being the worst of that incredible U-18 Gusev-Grigorenko-Kucherov line!

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'm not sure where you pulled that from, especially with Kucherov saying on record he's approached Yzerman about signing Gusev. He wouldn't try and get Gusev signed if he didn't like the organization.

Well, it's hard to imagine, that a player doesn't wanna play on the NHL team with his best friend. Gusev will be 26 next year, so he's UFA after his ELC NHL contract and can earn pretty good money, if having a successful season.

It looks like a very comfortable situation to him to sign a contract with Tampa, and if he refuses to do it, it will mean he doesn't think Tampa is a good place for him. One can imagine his best friend has been telling him a lot of stories about the team, so those stories turn out to be not very alluring...

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
His finishing ability seems really good. That's harder than it looks.
It actually looks very hard to me :). When I first saw this I was impressed with both saucer pass and this shot. Puck was in still in the air and rolling, don't know who might think this is easy.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
People say, he signed a new contract with SKA for 2 years. So it looks like he wants to come to the NHL as UFA, if he wants at all.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
I wonder if the Drouin trade changes Gusev's mind about coming to the NHL this year. Was it reported that he wanted a more secure spot on the team?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I wonder if the Drouin trade changes Gusev's mind about coming to the NHL this year. Was it reported that he wanted a more secure spot on the team?

There is no reports about him prolonging the KHL contract so far. I hope, he'll come to NA in a season. It is possible, that talking to Kucherov during WHC has made him change his mind about staying in the KHL for longer, but who knows.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I'd love to see him on Tampa. Good organization and the Russians seem happy there.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I'd love to see him on Tampa. Good organization and the Russians seem happy there.

Kalnins twitted earlier Gusev is "expected to terminate his deal [with SKA] in order to sign a new one for more $$. Will hit free agency after 18/19 season."

I don't know what to make of this, but that's surely the first time I see a N/A reporter saying something relevant about Gusev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad