LW Matthew Tkachuk (2016, 6th, CGY) II

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Trading down to pick a LHD is the dumbest thing they could do either trade pick outright for a RHD or trade One of RNH/Eberle no dmen in this draft will help the Oilers for 2/3 seasons the left side is good it's the right side they need to fix no dmen in the 1st round fits this.So if they don't trade outright they pick the bpa and that isTkachuk imo.

Not that I care about this argument, but for accuracy's sake Sergachev played the RS quite a bit this year apparently.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Oilers should stand pat at #4 and draft the best player left of Matthews/Laine/Pulj/Tkachuk/PLD.

I don't think moving back for a dman this year is a great idea, but I do like Serg.. I'm just not seeing a tier1 defensemen in anyone that Edmonton should be targetting.

IMO, they should draft at the #4 spot and then trade a few proven valuable assets. Easier said than done, but that's what I'd look to do if I was Edmonton.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I really see no way for Tkachuk to not go either 4. or 5. Then again, it's Benning so maybe he'll pick DeBrincat with the 5th pick or something.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Benning sucks at everything but drafting.

Oh, right. Then maybe he'll trade the 5th pick away for a shutdown defenseman or something, and add a 2nd round pick for good measure. Then again, the receiving team would just pick Tkachuk if available in that case...

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Oh, right. Then maybe he'll trade the 5th pick away for a shutdown defenseman or something, and add a 2nd round pick for good measure. Then again, the receiving team would just pick Tkachuk if available in that case...

That's our Benning.

:sad

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
We haven't seen these Oilers with a first round pick outside of number one yet, so I think it's kind of silly to say that.

I'd imagine if the Oilers took him there would be a 95% chance he goes back to junior.

Klefbom- returned X2, Eberle returned X2, Nurse returned X2

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
By drafting a Forward with the 4th pick, the Oilers are finally going to fix all their problems that have made them miss the playoffs the last 10 Yrs.

In all seriousness, the Oilers need to trade this pick for an established Dman or drop down and take a Dman from 7-12 spot.

They are banking on being able to trade one of nuge or eberle for a Dman but no GM will give them that because they know how desperate the Oilers are.

The Oilers dont need Tkachuk, Dubois Puljujarvi they need Juolevi Chychrun Sergschrev or someone like Lindholm, Tanev

It seems like every Dubios or Tkachuk thread there is one Nucks or Flames poster who embarrasses themselves with a post like this. Congrats on being first one in this one!

Its takes a special ability to have such a lack of grasp on a teams need. You pop your head in several threads, youd think youd pick up that the best way to acquire a NHL proven top 4 RHD is not to pick the exact opposite. A non NHL proven LHD

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Benning sucks at everything but drafting.

despite the fleecing of Tom Rowe on the Gudbranson trade, the only clowns who think Benning loss the trade, is on hfboards.com, and as per hfboards.com whatever Benning does is a bad move, even if we traded a 7th rounder for Jack Eichel they will somehow spin it in a way that Canucks lose trade. Traded a Tweener and 2nd round pick for a 6'5 top 4 dman.

Biggest Canucks haters like Nick Kypereos, Craig Button, Bill Watters and claiming its a Canucks win in that trade, really has that backing ofa win for the Canucks.

Hfboards.com Benning loses trade

anyways I think Tkachuk will look good in Blue and Green. Don't ya think?

JA

All 2015-16 highlights:

Goals and assists; OHL, World Junior, and Memorial Cup.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I think Tkachuk has finally started gaining more respect this last while.

I think this guy is easily the 4th best prospect in the draft, I can definitely see him turning into a meaner, peskier JVR-type player which can be very valuable to a team.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
What really made me change my opinion on Tkachuk is that he scored a point in 67 of 73 of his team's even-strength goals with him on the ice(according to twitter). That's an absurd number and there's no way that could be down to luck and chance unless you'd bet on winning like 20 lottery jackpots in a row.

I thought that his linemates might have carried him, with this I feel like it actually was the other way around. That's a ridiculous number.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
What really made me change my opinion on Tkachuk is that he scored a point in 67 of 73 of his team's even-strength goals with him on the ice(according to twitter). That's an absurd number and there's no way that could be down to luck and chance unless you'd bet on winning like 20 lottery jackpots in a row.

I thought that his linemates might have carried him, with this I feel like it actually was the other way around. That's a ridiculous number.
He may not of been carried, but no way was it even close to the other way around. Marner put up 2 ppg and Dvorak around 1.8 with their primary LWer being Matt Rupert. Don't know how you can make any possible argument that they were carried.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He may not of been carried, but no way was it even close to the other way around. Marner put up 2 ppg and Dvorak around 1.8 with their primary LWer being Matt Rupert. Don't know how you can make any possible argument that they were carried.

What were their ratios, though?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad