LW Matthew Tkachuk (2016, 6th, CGY) II

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
6'1 194 Shoots Left
Born: 1997-12-11, Scottsdale AZ (hometown: in St. Louis MO)
Father: Keith Tkachuk (Boston MA)
Mother: Chantal Oster (Winnipeg MB)
Cousins: Casey Fitzgerald, Ryan Fitzgerald, Scott Fitzgerald, Tom Fitzgerald, Jimmy Hayes, Kevin Hayes

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=233030

092815Tkachuk1-672.jpg

Previous Thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1785943

VasilyHoglander

Jun 28, 2014
West Vancouver
Honestly as a Canucks fan i still want Dubois just because he is what we need, but i wouldnt be sad or disappointed if we got Tkachuk instead, and neither should any Nucks fan. Hes one hella of a player!

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Matthew Tkachuk File
u Ht/Wt: 6-1/198
u Position: Left Wing
u Shoots: Left
u Birthdate: December 11, 1997
u Team: London Knights
u Scouting Report: The prototype of a modern power winger. Has great size and strength,
and wins every puck battle around walls and corners. Makes power moves to the net. Has outstanding
vision and playmaking skills. Has a real mean streak if you get him riled up, but would prefer to
beat you with perfectly timed and placed passes or a wicked snap shot. Dominant force can take over
games. Will hit, fight, score, and is one of the most competitive ******** you’ll ever find.

Tkachuk Report Card
Size/Strength A+
Skating B
Shot/Scoring ability B+
Puckhandling A
Hockey Sense A
CompetitivenessA
Physical play A
Composure/Poise B
Defence C+

Cousins: Casey Fitzgerald, Ryan Fitzgerald, Scott Fitzgerald, Tom Fitzgerald, Jimmy Hayes, Kevin Hayes

good to know.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Craig Button was on TSN 1040 today and said he now believes there are four prospects ready for the NHL in the draft, with Tkachuk being the fourth guy following the Memorial Cup.

https://soundcloud.com/tsn-radio-va...t-hoping-sutter-was-more-than-3rd-line-centre

I hope whoever drafts him doesn't rush him because his physically ready.

I think he needs another year where he'll be the go to guy. I think his offensive ceiling can be higher if his leaned on to drive offense for a year vs being excellent complimentary player.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Craig Button was on TSN 1040 today and said he now believes there are four prospects ready for the NHL in the draft, with Tkachuk being the fourth guy following the Memorial Cup.

https://soundcloud.com/tsn-radio-va...t-hoping-sutter-was-more-than-3rd-line-centre

God I hope not, the Knights need some talent coming back next year, or at least the option to trade him and rebuild quickly. :laugh:

He could definitely play in the NHL next season, but I don't think that's the best for his development. He has a lot to work on before he becomes an effective NHL player.

I've really come full circle since the beginning of the season, and I can't believe how big of a fan of his I've become.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
God I hope not, the Knights need some talent coming back next year, or at least the option to trade him and rebuild quickly. :laugh:

He could definitely play in the NHL next season, but I don't think that's the best for his development. He has a lot to work on before he becomes an effective NHL player.

I've really come full circle since the beginning of the season, and I can't believe how big of a fan of his I've become.

Sorry, but he will be logging 20 to 25 min a game along side Connor. Sink or swim, cause that's what the Oilers do :shakehead

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Sorry, but he will be logging 20 to 25 min a game along side Connor. Sink or swim, cause that's what the Oilers do :shakehead

We haven't seen these Oilers with a first round pick outside of number one yet, so I think it's kind of silly to say that.

I'd imagine if the Oilers took him there would be a 95% chance he goes back to junior.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
We haven't seen these Oilers with a first round pick outside of number one yet, so I think it's kind of silly to say that.

I'd imagine if the Oilers took him there would be a 95% chance he goes back to junior.

How many games did Draisatl play in his first season? 40?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I hope whoever drafts him doesn't rush him because his physically ready.

I think he needs another year where he'll be the go to guy. I think his offensive ceiling can be higher if his leaned on to drive offense for a year vs being excellent complimentary player.

This is a myth IMO. Tkachuk is good enough to stand on his own and has demonstrated that repeatedly. He won't be asked to be the "driver" on his line by whoever drafts him anyway.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Ok, what does that have to do with the people who currently run the Oilers?

I was answering your question. One in which you stated an incorrect premise.

"We haven't seen these Oilers with a first round pick outside of number one yet, so I think it's kind of silly to say that.

I'd imagine if the Oilers took him there would be a 95% chance he goes back to junior."

Secondly, the current management group ran Nurse all year. How did he look? Like he should of been in junior?

KidLine93

May 15, 2012

"We haven't seen these Oilers with a first round pick outside of number one yet, so I think it's kind of silly to say that.

I'd imagine if the Oilers took him there would be a 95% chance he goes back to junior."

Secondly, the current management group ran Nurse all year. How did he look? Like he should of been in junior?

Nurse started the year in the AHL. injuries to 4 of the Oilers top 6 D put Nurse back in the lineup.

Also Klefbom was another 1st rounder we let develop a few years before playing in the NHL

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I haven't seen too many games of his but I watched him like a hawk at Memorial Cup... I love the guy and know down the road he will be a stud, but IMO there is no chance in hell he is ready for the NHL next season.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002

Except it's absolutely correct. McDavid is the only first round pick Chiarelli/McLellan have made.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
My guess is he puts up 90-95 points next season.

He's definitely going to have a drop considering his circumstances, but I think that is where he should be around next season.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
By drafting a Forward with the 4th pick, the Oilers are finally going to fix all their problems that have made them miss the playoffs the last 10 Yrs.

In all seriousness, the Oilers need to trade this pick for an established Dman or drop down and take a Dman from 7-12 spot.

They are banking on being able to trade one of nuge or eberle for a Dman but no GM will give them that because they know how desperate the Oilers are.

The Oilers dont need Tkachuk, Dubois Puljujarvi they need Juolevi Chychrun Sergschrev or someone like Lindholm, Tanev

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
By drafting a Forward with the 4th pick, the Oilers are finally going to fix all their problems that have made them miss the playoffs the last 10 Yrs.

In all seriousness, the Oilers need to trade this pick for an established Dman or drop down and take a Dman from 7-12 spot.

They are banking on being able to trade one of nuge or eberle for a Dman but no GM will give them that because they know how desperate the Oilers are.

The Oilers dont need Tkachuk, Dubois Puljujarvi they need Juolevi Chychrun Sergschrev or someone like Lindholm, Tanev
Oilers LHD which is all those dmen in this draft you mentioned.

Sekera
Klefbom 1st pick in 11
Nurse 1st pick 13 7th
Davidson who was argubly our best dman this season
Reinhart 1st 4th 2013 NHL ready
Osterle who played strong down the stretch

Trading down to pick a LHD is the dumbest thing they could do either trade pick outright for a RHD or trade One of RNH/Eberle no dmen in this draft will help the Oilers for 2/3 seasons the left side is good it's the right side they need to fix no dmen in the 1st round fits this.So if they don't trade outright they pick the bpa and that isTkachuk imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad