LW Matej Blumel (2019, 100th, EDM unsigned; signed by DAL)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He's been great... Hopefully he doesn't get 8 minutes on fourth line... Not score and then sent back.

DeBoer has been very fair with ice time so far, he will get a shot for sure. Perhaps even in the top 6 right away.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Lowest player on the Stars averages 12 minutes on the 4th line, he'll get time.
Thanks.. I'm an Oil fan and our minutes are usually a little different.lol McD gets 25 and line 4 get 5 to 8. Kaut is getting 5 minutes a night for the Av's too. Sedlak is similar for the Flyer's. I may have 4th line syndrome.haha

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He'll get a real shot for that 12th forward spot and get real minutes. Impressive showing in the AHL after beeing send down late in camp. Now its time to do it in the NHL .

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I strongly suspect he'll slot next to Seguin and Marchment to hopefully make that line more consistently good. So he should definitely get a good chance to prove himself.
He was at the World's for us.. his big calling card was that he was really effective with our NHL players (usually a handful on the team). He was on the first line and doing real well. Then Pasta came and he got moved down... that line he went to started to produce. He's a great complimentary player that seems to get it. So he'd do awesome with those 2. I doubt he'd find much success with a guy like Faksa (who I am a big fan of!) who plays a more straightforward game. I don't think he's a future all star by any means but I do think he's a 40 to 50 point guy if in the right situation. Time will tell.. I have a bias for the kid.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Still baffles me how the Oilers didn’t sign him.
He'd be able to help for sure... under a million and a complimentary player and holy moly do the Oil have some strong Centres. They'd love him. Well, we'll see since he has yet to play in the NHL. Could be a classic tweener.

Reactions: snipes

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
We know the oilers offered him a contract.. he just turned it down. So the question is, why didnt he sign with the oilers not why the oilers did not sign him
when did the Oiler's offer him a contract?

On the day his contract expired they literally posted an article about him and how he wants to be an Oiler.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I have a really good feeling about him. Keep in mind I felt the same about Spacek and Chlapik who just lost to the Swiss in an EHT game.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Just scored his 32th goal

He will finish top 5 in points and goals

There's a lot of talks about Mavrik Bourque, Logan Stankoven, Thomas Harley, Wyatt Johnston... but Dallas might have another gem here. Only thing, will they have room for him? He's turning 24 next month and I believe he will not be waiver exempt next year

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Just scored his 32th goal

He will finish top 5 in points and goals

There's a lot of talks about Mavrik Bourque, Logan Stankoven, Thomas Harley, Wyatt Johnston... but Dallas might have another gem here. Only thing, will they have room for him? He's turning 24 next month and I believe he will not be waiver exempt next year
Going to Dallas was a nightmare... so many good prospects and no injuries.... him in the AHL still is not ideal at all. I don't blame Dallas for any of it... but he's wasting away there. Hopefully he gets a new 1 way contract, gets traded or goes back to Europe.

Reactions: GettingYourMoms

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Going to Dallas was a nightmare... so many good prospects and no injuries.... him in the AHL still is not ideal at all. I don't blame Dallas for any of it... but he's wasting away there. Hopefully he gets a new 1 way contract, gets traded or goes back to Europe.
I like this kid but he’s only played 129 AHL games over 2 years. Not really wasting away. Dallas is a smart team that develops well lately. They take their time.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I like this kid but he’s only played 129 AHL games over 2 years. Not really wasting away. Dallas is a smart team that develops well lately. They take their time.
24, winger and in AHL - the fairtyale story is ending quickly iMO. Next year the Stars will have new and younger prospects in camp. His window is closing. Again, i don't blame the stars. Awesome team with awesome depth. Great problem to have but I do believe Blumel is a NHL player. I could be wrong and biased though.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
24, winger and in AHL - the fairtyale story is ending quickly iMO. Next year the Stars will have new and younger prospects in camp. His window is closing. Again, i don't blame the stars. Awesome team with awesome depth. Great problem to have but I do believe Blumel is a NHL player. I could be wrong and biased though.

He could be an NHLer, but not in Dallas. Too one dimensional to play on our 4th line. Other teams with poor depth could play him in their top 13 tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00