LW Martin Chromiak - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2020, 128th, LAK)

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
If he continues to perform like this and begins to adapt even better to OHL game I think there could be serious consideration of him being a late first rounder. Once again I will repeat what I said previously, he is the reverse Cajkovic. Every body seems to comment on how well he has adapted, his chemistry with teammates and his skill. It’s a head scratcher that I have people ranking him in the third round

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Fronts fan here, had to make an account to say that I am so glad Chromiak decided to come to the OHL! They lost again today but the chemistry he has with Wright and even Wisdom is showing. Chromiak could've easily had atleast another goal today but the Oshawa goalie made great saves.

I know nothing about the situation but would it seem Chromiak came over because of how good Wright is proving to be?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I know nothing about the situation but would it seem Chromiak came over because of how good Wright is proving to be?

There isn’t an interview on this but it seems pretty clear he came over because he wasn’t getting the playing time he deserved in Slovakia.

Nick ford

Jan 25, 2020

I'd say that probably played a factor in his decision to come over to the OHL but he's clearly the second best forward on the team and not just producing cause of Wright skill. I've noticed Chromiak has great hustle and makes the right play more often than not. Shame he wasnt on the roster since game 1 this season.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
I'd say that probably played a factor in his decision to come over to the OHL but he's clearly the second best forward on the team and not just producing cause of Wright skill. I've noticed Chromiak has great hustle and makes the right play more often than not. Shame he wasnt on the roster since game 1 this season.

Yeah, my question wasn't to suggest otherwise, I wasn't trying to undermine his skills at all. Looking at his play he appears more than capable of holding his own.

It would be pretty savvy of him though if he assessed the situation and came over to play with Wright knowing the difference it would make in his draft stock. And for us fans we all benefit as they could emerge as an extremely dynamic combination for the next 2.5 seasons...

Likely a long shot but any chance Kingston gets a look for the 2021 memorial cup? Could they build a winner by then and do they have the facilities for it?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Likely a long shot but any chance Kingston gets a look for the 2021 memorial cup? Could they build a winner by then and do they have the facilities for it?

Leon's Centre can hold 5,700 people. That's a little on the small side, but probably big enough if all else is in place.

Problem is Kingston ownership/management don't seem to have a clue about how to build a contender. So the chances of them building a strong enough team to host is slim to none. They've got zero track record for it, especially under the current owner.

Reactions: Dave Karp

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Yeah, my question wasn't to suggest otherwise, I wasn't trying to undermine his skills at all. Looking at his play he appears more than capable of holding his own.

It would be pretty savvy of him though if he assessed the situation and came over to play with Wright knowing the difference it would make in his draft stock. And for us fans we all benefit as they could emerge as an extremely dynamic combination for the next 2.5 seasons...

Leon's Centre can hold 5,700 people. That's a little on the small side, but probably big enough if all else is in place.

Problem is Kingston ownership/management don't seem to have a clue about how to build a contender. So the chances of them building a strong enough team to host is slim to none. They've got zero track record for it, especially under the current owner.
Would be cool to see them host, especially in his draft year. The thing is I believe Chromiak was loaned to Kingston, from Dukla Trencin similar to the zadina situation. So I wonder if at that year Chromiak would be better suited for the AHL. Anyways that’s a while away. Good emerging duo, they really play well off each other, and don’t forget about wisdoms contribution. The problem with Kingston is more so on the back end, decent top pairing but after that it’s just horrendous. The depth forwards can make stuff happen, but the 2nd and 3rd pair dman look lost so often.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Would be cool to see them host, especially in his draft year. The thing is I believe Chromiak was loaned to Kingston, from Dukla Trencin similar to the zadina situation. So I wonder if at that year Chromiak would be better suited for the AHL. Anyways that’s a while away. Good emerging duo, they really play well off each other, and don’t forget about wisdoms contribution. The problem with Kingston is more so on the back end, decent top pairing but after that it’s just horrendous. The depth forwards can make stuff happen, but the 2nd and 3rd pair dman look lost so often.

Their D is a problem but they should have a top 3 draft pick and a high pick in the import draft, hopefully they can address some of those weaknesses.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
The thing is I believe Chromiak was loaned to Kingston, from Dukla Trencin similar to the zadina situation. So I wonder if at that year Chromiak would be better suited for the AHL. Anyways that’s a while away.

You would think whoever drafts Chromiak would prefer he stay in the OHL barring an earth shattering finish to this season. But the fact that he is AHL eligible may make playing in the O beyond his D+1 season a long shot if he produces.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
When you are under 18, you have no chance crack the first 2 lines in the Slovak u20 team unless you are McDavid
Pretty sure he's the closest thing that nation currently has to a McDavid prospect.

Look at what Germany was able to do with their youngsters this year. Poor management for the Slovaks.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Pretty sure he's the closest thing that nation currently has to a McDavid prospect.

Look at what Germany was able to do with their youngsters this year. Poor management for the Slovaks.
I was kidding. Young offensive players who wouldn't crack the top 6 are usually sent home. Just like Cajkovic last year. "Not making the top 6" was the official reason they were cut. It's obvious that they should have been there, but our bottom six is almost always filled with grinders

Last edited:
Reactions: smitty10

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
85 pt pace on the season if he played full year. Keep in mind Marco Rossi, is essentially a full year older (11 months and hand full of days) than Chromiak. So it actually makes more sense to compare last year Rossi to this year Chromiak. Chromiak out scores him in that case.

Reactions: Jabs102501

Nick ford

Jan 25, 2020
The OHL is hosting the memorial cup next season. It's looking like Oshawa is the front-runner to host but they are the only team that has come out publicly and said they made a bid to host.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad