LW Lawson Crouse - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brue Frames

Jan 31, 2015
i don't think i've heard of a professional hockey player that has made the nhl with less than 2 hands :sarcasm:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Yes, he is. Won't be the best player picked in the top 10 but won't end up as the worst, either.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Yes, he is. Won't be the best player picked in the top 10 but won't end up as the worst, either.

This is the hard part when it comes to drafting somebody like Crouse, do you want that top end potential superstar who might end up busting or be a shadow of his high end potential or more of a safe bet who will end up a real good player and the type of guy who most teams would kill to have.

Basically would you draft Milan Lucic top 10 if there was a potential Tyler Seguin left on the board

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
He's secretly my favourite pick for Dallas if he drops to 12...

Benn - Seguin - Nichushkin
Crouse - Spezza/Dickinson - Ritchie

That is a lot of big body

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
He's secretly my favourite pick for Dallas if he drops to 12...

Benn - Seguin - Nichushkin
Crouse - Spezza/Dickinson - Ritchie

That is a lot of big body

Much easier saying you would love him at 12 then saying I would love to pick him 6th/7th

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
I think he goes in the top 10.

McDavid
Eichel
Marner
Hanifin
Strome
Provarov
Barzal

You can still draft a total bust in the 5-10 area. Crouse seems like a safe pick to make the NHL.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
That's definitely true, but to me he seems like the wild card of this draft's 1st round. Much like Nichushkin at 10 in 2013

Crouse to me seems like the team that already has their young star center will look at hard to improve that line. Looking at the draft

5 Car - probably to high to pick Crouse but could they trade down a couple spots? Could use a player like him
6 NJ - they need a young star forward, not Crouse
7 Phi - Giroux
8 CBJ - Johansen
9 SJ - aging team might be looking more for young top end players
10 Col - Duchene and MacKinnon
11 Flo - Barkov and Bjugstad

That's 5 of 7 teams I could see having interest(so watch SJ pick him)

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Ryan O'Reilly, Ryan Johansen, Andrew Ladd, Milan Lucic, and Ryan Getzlaf all had similar production in their draft years.

Loose definition of superstar I guess?

The thing with Johansen is that he went from being a nobody scoring all of 17 points in Jr. B to being a top-line forward on a WHL team. Late-bloomers tend to succeed in the NHL (Bergeron, Giroux and to an extent, Seguin). Ladd scoring 75 points in his first WHL season was damn impressive as well.

Getzlaf was not projected to be the player he is today, reason why he went 19th and not top-10.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Loose definition of superstar I guess?

The thing with Johansen is that he went from being a nobody scoring all of 17 points in Jr. B to being a top-line forward on a WHL team. Late-bloomers tend to succeed in the NHL (Bergeron, Giroux and to an extent, Seguin). Ladd scoring 75 points in his first WHL season was damn impressive as well.

Getzlaf was not projected to be the player he is today, reason why he went 19th and not top-10.

You're expecting to get superstar outside the top 5 I guess? Good luck with that.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Actually Getzlaf was highly rated(like 8-15ish) and the only reason he dropped was rumors said he interviewed badly(people found him to be to much of a butthole). I also think people thought he was more of a 2nd line center with size then a guy who would score a lot.

THN had him 9th, Central Scouting had him 5th in North America

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Anything from 6th overall on would be reasonable. I've got about 4-5 other players who I like as much or more but would have no problem if a team I liked picked him in this range.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
I wouldn't take Crouse with a top 10 pick, certainly not in this draft

If you're picking a forward in the top 10, you should be shooting for high end offensive upside, not a power forward who has good hands for a power forward. I just feel like the type of player Crouse is are a dime a dozen

But don't get me wrong, I think he is a great prospect and will have an impact at the NHL level in some capacity one day, just don't think he's top 10 worthy

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
I think he's definitely worthy of a top 10 pick if not higher. Pre-draft, Gabriel Landeskog faced a lot of the same criticisms that Crouse is facing now. 4 years later, look who's leading that draft class in overall scoring and a close second in PPG.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I wouldn't take Crouse with a top 10 pick, certainly not in this draft

If you're picking a forward in the top 10, you should be shooting for high end offensive upside, not a power forward who has good hands for a power forward. I just feel like the type of player Crouse is are a dime a dozen

Where should Jordan Staal have gone in 2006? I wouldn't be surprised if Crouse had similar impact/value.

Will there be a Claude Giroux or two this year? Probably but Jordan Staal would have been a nice pick at 4+ even though Giroux went 20+.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Where should Jordan Staal have gone in 2006? I wouldn't be surprised if Crouse had similar impact/value.

Will there be a Claude Giroux or two this year? Probably but Jordan Staal would have been a nice pick at 4+ even though Giroux went 20+.

not sure I really get your point or question. You're kind of all over the place here

What does Giroux have to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad