LW Kyle Connor - Michigan, NCAA (2015, 17th, WPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Connor was excellent at the U18. Big, great skater, great hands, great playmaker, great two-way player. Exciting all-around player. Listed as a center but played W at the U18 and for some reason I could see him their long-term. Good chance to be a top-10 pick, even in this draft.

Have him ranked higher than Crouse for quite some time.

He's in my top 10.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Still have him in my top 10 as well.

The only forwards I can say I really like more than him are McDavid, Eichel, Marner and Barzal...

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
His mother Sarah is one tough lady. Got a soft spot for men from the future younger than her own son though.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I really like him but that's basically going off of scouting reports and some gifs/clips.

Reading up on him, he seems to be a well rounded offensive player. Kind of sounds like Dylan Larkin from last year.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I've seen him a few times live. The player he reminds me of the most is Ryan O'Reilly...except his skating is far better.

They are both the same size. Both very smart. Both have a 200ft game. Both are relentless after the puck when they don't have it. Both are extremely good at using their sticks on the defensive side of the puck. Both have a playmaking lean to their offensive game.

While it's hard for me to say Connor is a legit potential 1st liner like O'Reilly is, I think he has a chance. Especially when you consider how far superior his skating is.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I really like him but that's basically going off of scouting reports and some gifs/clips.

Reading up on him, he seems to be a well rounded offensive player. Kind of sounds like Dylan Larkin from last year.

His style really isn't like Larkin's. Connor plays a flashier game compared to Larkin's North/South game. Connor is a more dynamic offensive threat with better skill, but he lacks Larkin's forcheking and defensive game. Another American in this draft Colin White makes for a better comparison to Larkin.

spikelechien

Jan 8, 2007
Braeshore
Youngstown setting USHL record today with 17 wins in a row. The winning goal; U guessed right if U guessed Kyle Connor - a beauty too.

Shwaguy*

Really hoping the Leafs can somehow trade up with the Nashville pick, or get a pick from the imminent Kessel trade in the range to get this guy

Walking out with Strome/Marner(McDavid)+Conner+Blackwood would be a huge start to a rebuild

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Really hoping the Leafs can somehow trade up with the Nashville pick, or get a pick from the imminent Kessel trade in the range to get this guy

Walking out with Strome/Marner(McDavid)+Conner+Blackwood would be a huge start to a rebuild

This isn't picking on you specifically, but I'm so sick of Leafs fans posting in every single prospect's thread saying "Man, I hope <insert prospect> falls to the Nashville pick. Walking out of the draft with Hanifin/Marner/Strome and <insert prospect> would be a great start to the rebuild."

Happens in literally every thread.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Unless the Leafs trade into the top 12 and probably the top 10, I can't see them getting Connor... (or take him with their top 5 pick)

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
This isn't picking on you specifically, but I'm so sick of Leafs fans posting in every single prospect's thread saying "Man, I hope <insert prospect> falls to the Nashville pick. Walking out of the draft with Hanifin/Marner/Strome and <insert prospect> would be a great start to the rebuild."

He said he'd love if the Leafs trade up :laugh: not fall to their pick. Some people hate every Leafs fan for no reason

Shwaguy*

In my defence I did say trade up, no way Conner drops to #20-24 imo.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

By quoting his post and writing exactly what he wrote, you are picking on him.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON

WE DONT GET A LOT OF DRAFT PICKS OKAY LET US DREAM :shakehead

timlap

Jun 19, 2002

There's a lot of us Leafs fans on these boards, so it makes sense. In such a large group of posters there are naturally going to be some people cheering for virtually every top prospect. I think I can understand why you might find it irksome, but there are a lot of repetitive posts on these boards. It's the nature of the beast. Not fair to pin it on one fan base, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad