LW Kirill Marchenko (2018, 49th, CBJ)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Offensively Kirill doesn't have any obvious weaks. His wristler is a laser and his one-timer is about as good, his skating is very good, his stickhandling is probably even better, and his vision isn't much behind. Don't forget, he's a LW, which is always an advantage. So I think, his NHL career is almost guaranteed.

One of my favourite players was Alex Semin, do you think Marchenko has the potential reach that level? Have been looking for a prospect with a similar toolbox since he left the league

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
One of my favourite players was Alex Semin, do you think Marchenko has the potential reach that level? Have been looking for a prospect with a similar toolbox since he left the league

Well, not sure, Marchenko's shot is already as good as Semin's, but overall, I'd say, there are some similarities in their games. Marchenko is probably a better player at the same age, than Semin was.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Well, not sure, Marchenko's shot is already as good as Semin's, but overall, I'd say, there are some similarities in their games. Marchenko is probably a better player at the same age, than Semin was.

That would be something if Marchenko is indeed better at the same age than Semin, that would mean he could be approaching a Kovalchuk level prospect which would be an insane grab in the second round of the draft.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

Umm, no, I like Marchenko and his shot, but it isn't as good as Semin's even now, not to mention the times when his wrister was one of the best in the NHL.

Reactions: bert

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
That would be something if Marchenko is indeed better at the same age than Semin, that would mean he could be approaching a Kovalchuk level prospect which would be an insane grab in the second round of the draft.

Well, Kovy was picked 1st OA and always was significantly better, than Semin. Not sure, Marchenko will ever get to that level.

Reactions: wings5

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If we look purely at the shot then Semin always got that, iirc. Not to mention that I actually like Chinakhov's shot more, he, I think, could be a better comparable to Semin in terms of shot.
I would actually prefer Amirov's shot, also a better comparison to Syomin's shot. Very accurate wrister with a lightning release.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
If we look purely at the shot then Semin always got that, iirc. Not to mention that I actually like Chinakhov's shot more, he, I think, could be a better comparable to Semin in terms of shot.

Thats what I mean , Semin would send absolute lasers that elite NHL goaltenders wouldn’t even see or be able to stop. To be at the same level would be hard to believe for Marchenko. I imagine once he gets on a program and up a bit as he is still quite skinny, he can then take his game to higher levels . Also I need to see more of Chinakhov then if that is indeed true

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Marchenko is really growing on me. He is quitely but constantly getting better.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

This is the biggest difference between him and Podz, he actually produces, it isn't the ice time, the players you play with.
its the producing part, Podz does not, Kirill does. Theres a reason why Kirill is 2nd in SKA goal scoring and top 5 in points.
- you can play great all you want, supposedly, but, if you can't produce, YOU ARE NOT AN TOP 6 FORWARD, no where.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
In his draft year he scored 8+8 in 31 MHL games. Not sure, why was he picked in the 2nd, that kind of production usually leaves kids outside drafts at all. But what a progress he's made since that.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
In his draft year he scored 8+8 in 31 MHL games. Not sure, why was he picked in the 2nd, that kind of production usually leaves kids outside drafts at all. But what a progress he's made since that.
And Denisenko only had 22 points in 31 MHL games yet went 15th overall. Most of the time its important to look at points with context.

Last edited:
Reactions: teravaineSAROS

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost

I simply don't buy that his shot is Semin level, let alone better. Dude had one of the best wrist shots of his era.

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad