LW Jan Mysak - Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL (2020, 48th, MTL, traded to ANA)

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

I love your videos, thank you for your work.

I was actually trying to do some YT scouting on Mysak this week but found it hard to find quality content on him, so it was a nice surprise to see your video of him today. :)

From what I can tell this kid looks like a beast in the making. He's still only 17 but already exceptionally strong defensively and fast on his skates. He looks quite lanky and could be a force when he fills out. It might be hyperbole to make the comparison but I get Mark Stone vibes from his defensive play.

Btw, @Draft Dynasty I would love it if you could do a video on Topi Niemelä next.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
One of those things like how Pasternak slipped through. 2 different sets of eyes, not enough views, no crosschecker.

A 1st round matchup against Ottawa would’ve lit his rocket.
Yeah it would have been great to see if he could have been effective in a matchup like that. In comparison Kaliyev was invisible against Ottawa last season in the playoffs.

Big Mysak fan I think he fits into that 2nd tier of forwards that have impact player potential. (Gunler, Amirov, Perrrault, Zary, Jarvis) Really like his work ethic and his pace of play. Would be happy if the sens took him with the Islanders pick.

I saw someone compare him to Stone and I dont think they are similar at all stylisctically. Stone is dominant in close quarters, on the boards and plays a highly cerebral game. Mysak is a way better skater, with a tremendous motor.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Yeah it would have been great to see if he could have been effective in a matchup like that. In comparison Kaliyev was invisible against Ottawa last season in the playoffs.

Big Mysak fan I think he fits into that 2nd tier of forwards that have impact player potential. (Gunler, Amirov, Perrrault, Zary, Jarvis) Really like his work ethic and his pace of play. Would be happy if the sens took him with the Islanders pick.

I saw someone compare him to Stone and I dont think they are similar at all stylisctically. Stone is dominant in close quarters, on the boards and plays a highly cerebral game. Mysak is a way better skater, with a tremendous motor.
My comparison to Stone was on the defensive side. They obviously play very differently offensively though as you said.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Myšák scored in 2nd period against HC Škoda Plzeň with fast wrist shot. He has some filthy moves, can cut through several guys with ease and make them foolish. Sometimes he was overpowered on the boards, but he is still a kid. I think this guy has criminally underrated offensive potential, i can see him as 30 goal scorer and he already has great defensive game, i think Mark Stone comparison earlier on this thread was pretty accurate.

Last edited:

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Plekanec was always an apt offensive player. Just look at his stats sheet. Although, he wasn't very good offensively at the decline of his career. If Mysak can be exactly like Plekanec it would be a hell of a pick.

Reactions: Tripod

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Plekanec was always an apt offensive player. Just look at his stats sheet. Although, he wasn't very good offensively at the decline of his career. If Mysak can be exactly like Plekanec it would be a hell of a pick.
Plekanec was a natural center, not sure Mysak will play down the middle at the pro level, I see him more like a middle 6 winger with solid 2 way game and high compete player in the mold of Lehkonen... I think he has better hands and a bit more offense than Lehkonen though... Right now Im a bit questionning his offensive IQ and shooting skills...

Reactions: samsagat

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2