LW Jan Mysak - Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL (2020, 48th, MTL, traded to ANA)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Came here to say this. Good offense, better defense, just an all around really quality player.

Thought he wasn't great in the Memorial Cup but has taken a big role on the Czech team in the WJCs and has really delivered.

he was injured at the Memorial Cup and it sounds like he's still not 100%, he wouldn't comment on the injury. He took some big hits in the 2nd half of the season that cost him some time as well, going to be interesting to see how he holds up in the AHL next year as he is skinny with that slight frame. I fully expect him to be an NHLer at some point though, smart, works hard, solid offensive skills. Just needs to add mass, strength, work on being more explosive.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I don't know why I see some Habs fans being so down on this guy, He seems like a good player and the type of guy you want in the playoffs.

Him and Owen Beck would make a great 3rd line.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
3 goals in last 4 games. Perfect first AHL season for a young third rounder. I still think he makes the NHL one day as a bottom 6 PITA

Reactions: czech

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah hopefully. He doesn't have his pre-NHL stats but the way Mysak works reminds me a lot of Lehkonen.
He's a hard working pain in the ass! He does have offensive chops but I don't see top 6 .ppg anytime soon.

If he makes it he'll be a great bottom 6 guy... loves draws, feisty and can score a little. Curious how it goes. Maybe a cup of coffee next year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he was physically overmatched last year and for a smaller player his skating needs to be better. Adding mass and strength should be big for him as he needs to step up this year. I'm interested to see if they would pair him up with Mesar if he's in Laval this year. Mysak could show him he needs to work hard every shift and they could feed off each other's skill since Mesar is a very good playmaker and Mysak can snipe it.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
He stagnated in Hamilton following the pandemic year. There was still a decent amount to like about his game in 2021-22, but it seemed like he hadn't grown from his DY 2 seasons prior. Ryan Humphrey (now an overager in the USHL) really outperformed Mysak for much of 2021-22, not to mention Avery Hayes and Logan Morrison driving the bus for that Bulldogs team.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
True that there may not be as much growth as we would have liked, but he still has an interesting level of talent and grit that may make him a 4th liner in the NHL in due time.

It certainly isn't the most exciting return for a 2nd round pick, but he's not a total bust either. Yet.

Reactions: Czechboy

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
He stagnated in Hamilton following the pandemic year. There was still a decent amount to like about his game in 2021-22, but it seemed like he hadn't grown from his DY 2 seasons prior. Ryan Humphrey (now an overager in the USHL) really outperformed Mysak for much of 2021-22, not to mention Avery Hayes and Logan Morrison driving the bus for that Bulldogs team.
10 games for San Diego, 0 points so far for Mysak. Woof

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad