LW Jan Mysak - Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL (2020, 48th, MTL, traded to ANA)

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Hey guys, do you have any good official mock drafts 2020 ? The one on draftside is absolute joke regarding Czech prospects. Jan Cikhart, which in my opinion is not that good is ranked 18 :D .. Jaromir Pytlik is somewhere in the 4th round and Jan Mysak is not even there :D and he is an 100% top 15 prospect. So if you have any mock drafts which arent actually completely terrible please post a links here :) Thanks

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's a great move IMO.. just hope it doesn't mean he won't be going to the U18's in April.

Hopefully he adjusts quickly and gets a lot of ice time!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Since the thread title listed him as such I guess, always thought he was primarily a center.

He's a natural center. Like with many high round picks, they play wing when they first play in older age groups, and eventually move back to center.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He's a natural center. Like with many high round picks, they play wing when they first play in older age groups, and eventually move back to center.

True he should still be listed as a center then. Pytlik started off at wing when he moved to the Soo because they were stacked last season, got a few games at center with injuries and now is playing primarily center this season with Frost and hayton gone. Would be cool to see Mysak centering Kaliyev now that Jenik is done. Those three together on a line could have been insane.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
It's a great move IMO.. just hope it doesn't mean he won't be going to the U18's in April.

Hopefully he adjusts quickly and gets a lot of ice time!
U-18's is earlier than it has been the last 2 years, so I'm pretty sure Hamilton would have to go out in Round 1. It's possible to likely, but not guaranteed.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
His adjustment will take some more time I think. Some guys adjust faster than others. But important to note that outside of that 5 pt game he has just 3 pts in 7 games. Still think he has top 20 talent and his 2 way game is underrated

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He will be an interesting guy to watch down the stretch. He was kinda falling playing against men but now scouts will get a lot of eyes on him playing in the OHL. A strong finish could see him go as high as 15 or so I think (would have to be a really strong finish though)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Was thinking he'd be one of those end of the first round/early 2nd steals that happen every year but no chance with him coming to the CHL now
I don’t think that was ever a realm of possibility. He would’ve been on euro scouts priority lists for a while. Maybe in the public eye he’s risen a lot since WJC and OHL but I don’t think that’s where he really is seen.

Reactions: Steeler23

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I don’t think that was ever a realm of possibility. He would’ve been on euro scouts priority lists for a while. Maybe in the public eye he’s risen a lot since WJC and OHL but I don’t think that’s where he really is seen.
I have no basis whatsoever for suggesting that he would fall, he just seemed to be one of those types that pop up

Reactions: Steeler23

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

On Bob Mackenzies last list he was ranked 54 I believe this late in the season. So I think second round was definitely not out of the question. He'll have a lot of eyes on him now though in the OHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad