Confirmed with Link: LW Jamie McGinn - 3 years, $3.33m AAV

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Room on the roster isn’t being reserved for prospects – “You always have to make the team,†Chayka said. “We’re not holding any spots open†–
It's a good thing spots were open for Domi and Duke last year.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm ok with this signing but it's nothing to write home about. I expect him to be a good 3rd line energy guy with a little grit to his game.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It's a good thing spots were open for Domi and Duke last year.

Yeah I dunno about that quote. There's a big fat center spot open right now for a certain someone.

Unless of course another move is coming. Or Datsyuk plans on coming back :laugh:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Maybe he meant to play against.

Yeah, BMcGinn was with Guelph when Max was tearing it up for London. Jamie said it tongue in cheek but I can imagine that most of the OHL who weren't Domi's teammates probably feel the same way - that between his skill and his sandpaper, he was not a pleasant opponent to face.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
As hinted at yesterday, I think I like this. McGinn - Strome - Doan should be a pretty balanced line.

Strome with both of them would be awful for him. If Tipp makes that a line I'll be joining the anti-Tipp side of this forum. He needs to be with someone like Domi, Duclair, Rieder or some other rookie.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Strome with both of them would be awful for him. If Tipp makes that a line I'll be joining the anti-Tipp side of this forum. He needs to be with someone like Domi, Duclair, Rieder or some other rookie.

Domi - Strome - Duclair should be a line all year. They should earn icetime based on how much offense they generate, and how responsible they are with the puck, as a line. That's the future of the team, they may as well play together.

Phasing in young, talented forwards in with plugs on either wing is how the last batch of talent that rolled through was largely ruined.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Domi - Strome - Duclair should be a line all year. They should earn icetime based on how much offense they generate, and how responsible they are with the puck, as a line. That's the future of the team, they may as well play together.

Phasing in young, talented forwards in with plugs on either wing is how the last batch of talent that rolled through was largely ruined.

Yeah I agree. There isn't really anyone other than those two and Rieder that I'd like Strome to play with. I wish we would've signed Perron, a vet who could keep up, not hurt the line, and add some grit.

And exactly. If Strome isn't with one of the 3 mentioned he might never reach his full potential like Turris and our rebuild could be over before it really gets going.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Would have preferred Matthias for this sort of role, but he should bring some jam. Pretty happy so far. Domi hasn't been traded for Chara or anything yet, so I'm holding out hope.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Worst case, they don't develop well defensively and we're all disappointed...but wow, best case... Triplets 2.0 West?

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona

Too much youth and two playmakers playing together...Tip will never do it. I think you might as well pencil in Domi-Hanzal-Duclair...Rieder-Strome-McGinn for the top two lines, at least to start the year...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Happy he's on board. That's a lot of scratch though. Makes me a little nervey. I'm too much like Maloney on this stuff. I guess if he's not a good fit, we expose him to Las Vegas and hope they bite.

That's how I see it. I like his game but we paid too much, although with our cap situation it's not as bad. Gives us three years for one of the kids to take his spot.

The better questions would be:
Do you like anything?
And
How miserable is your life?

I can answer that.:laugh:

Doesn't fight much. Hasn't PKed much. Plays an up-tempo, physical game though. He's most definitely a "rah-rah" type.

That is what we need. We are very soft, and still need more toughness.

I like this since somebody, anybody in front of the net (well maybe not including Hanzal) would be better than what we've had.

Doan was good also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA

Unless we sign someone else (with some speed--perhaps from Europe), I would go with McGinn - Strome - Doan to start out the season. Once Strome adjusts to NHL play, we can try him out with other young'uns.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Doan in the top 6 is so bad. No reason for it. Plenty of space and options left. Let him mismatch against lesser competition on a lower line.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Doan in the top 6 is so bad. No reason for it. Plenty of space and options left. Let him mismatch against lesser competition on a lower line.

Didn't he lead the team in goalscoring? Did any UFAs make it to market that had more goals than Doan did last season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad