The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
My feeling too.

Domi - Hanzal - Duclair
McGinn - Strome - Reider
Martinook - Richardson - Doan

Pretty good top 9

I've got two concerns; Rieder is LW and Richardson and Martinook are 4th liners.

Doan is a great option for Strome's RW in my opinion. There's nobody on the team that I think is clearly a better fit.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Rieder plays both and Martinook can be a 3rd liner without any issues.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Rieder plays both and Martinook can be a 3rd liner without any issues.

I don't recall Rieder playing any shifts at RW in either the NHL or the OHL. Was this an AHL thing?

And sure, Martinook and Richardson were third liners last year. They can be third liners this year. And nobody will be surprised when we have another top ten pick. At a certain point, it has to become unacceptable to have an every day center on your team that's below Brad Richardson on your depth chart.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
If McGinn can play well on the right...

Domi - Hanzal - Duclair
Rieder - Strome - McGinn
Martinook - Vermette - Doan
???? - Richardson - White

That 4th line LW would be easy to find as a UFA or let camp determine who takes it (Dvorak, Dauphin, Gaudet, Perlini, Bunting, or Cunningham)

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
What's the website with the most common linemates? I really don't think he's ever played regularly at right wing.

I think I looked that up a while back when I mentioned Rieder as a RW. I think he only played like a few games as a RW this past season (when we had injuries). I'll see if I can track it down.

Edit: couldn't find post, so I'll defer to whoever wants to research that :)

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Domi - Hanzal - Duclair
Rieder - Strome - McGinn

That 4th line LW would be easy to find as a UFA or let camp determine who takes it (Dvorak, Dauphin, Gaudet, Perlini, Bunting, or Cunningham)

At the moment, that looks like our top 9 forwards to me, not sure on the line combo's but you might be correct. If we land a top 9 winger, Martinook can slide down to the forth line or Doan.

jdfitz12

Oct 11, 2008
In that scenario, might as well sign Tanguay for a 1 year deal. He had good chemistry with Vermette

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
Hopefully him and Perlini can have some chemistry. Not an awful signing by any means, but not a real good one either.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Domi - Hanzal - Duclair
Rieder - Strome - McGinn

I'd be ok with this but I think rieder and probably ideally McGinn are both guys who are better off on your third line. We're not contenders this year anyway so it's not a big deal especially with the other forwards we have in pipeline.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
If nothing else, he's not a great fit on either Strome's or Hanzal's wing and those are your top 2 Cs. Well unless something happens with Strome anyway.

I'm sure he'll play 3rd line-ish minutes 5 on 5 and move into the top 6 when he's going well. He'll get the rest of his minutes playing on the PP.

Then there's his chemistry with Richardson.

^^^^^. This!!!

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yes, McGinn will be left unprotected

We will protect the 4 D: OEL, Gogo, Murphy, Stone

and assume we will keep protected: Duclair, Rieder, Hanzal (if kept and extended)

which leaves us 1 spot.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Watching a Dallas Anaheim game, McGinn has been pretty invisible so far. Looks kind of immobile too. Gogo looks awesome though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: