Value of: LW James van Riemsdyk for Top Four Defenceman

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
idk who jvr can return tbh... not sure if leafs can even move him, hes one of the few veteran leaders on the team and only good lw we have on the entire team, mm9, martin are ..... and nylander is only there temporarily. If leafs think leipsic or kapanen are ready then maybe otherwise, leafs hold on to jvr imo.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The Rangers have the defenseman you're looking for, top pairing guy Nick Holden. Guys been in the top four, and played on the top pairing all the season. And he's under 30.

Fax the paper work over from your people to my people, JVR will be a great Ranger

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Wild would probably swap Scandella. But then we're still at risk of losing another top four D in the expansion draft. so suddenly we're hurting for D. :(

but it'd be hard to pass up.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Wild would probably swap Scandella. But then we're still at risk of losing another top four D in the expansion draft. so suddenly we're hurting for D. :(

Scandella has missed quite a few games over the years, healthy scratch, injured or what, just curious?

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Scandella has missed quite a few games over the years, healthy scratch, injured or what, just curious?

He was a...average bloomer i guess for D. the cliche goes they take longer to develop. he really only got going 3 seasons ago as a 23 year old. he had just the normal assortment of "upper body" and "lower body" injuries. nothing recurring.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
He was a...average bloomer i guess for D. the cliche goes they take longer to develop. he really only got going 3 seasons ago as a 23 year old. he had just the normal assortment of "upper body" and "lower body" injuries. nothing recurring.

I see, whats his game like? he seems to have some offense in him, leafs really need a right shot two way dman, hes left shot which isnt the worse thing i suppose.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The Rangers have the defenseman you're looking for, top pairing guy Nick Holden. Guys been in the top four, and played on the top pairing all the season. And he's under 30.

Fax the paper work over from your people to my people, JVR will be a great Ranger

leafs counter with brooks laich

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
I see, whats his game like? he seems to have some offense in him, leafs really need a right shot two way dman, hes left shot which isnt the worse thing i suppose.

Good all around D. Not brilliant in anything but has a cannon of a shot. He hadn't been using his sized consistently but small sample size this year under new coaches he's been going for hits more. I think Yeo laid good groundwork with him in forcing him to play a rigid structure, and now Stevens is encouraging him to experiment a little. IIRC he's pretty clutch--a good chunk of his points are on game winners.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

scandella doesnt bring back JVR. leafs probably ask for Dumba

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
scandella doesnt bring back JVR. leafs probably ask for Dumba

m'kay. at this point Scandella is better than Dumba though. Do the leafs want to win? I was under the assumption you wanted someone who was good at the defensive side of the game.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
m'kay. at this point Scandella is better than Dumba though. Do the leafs want to win? I was under the assumption you wanted someone who was good at the defensive side of the game.

Either Jonas Brodin or Matthew Dumba for JVR, in a trade.

Scandella is likely not in the discussion.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

they arent really trying that hard to win now (all the rookies)
they would take the upside of dumba over scandellas current worth

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
I really don't know right now if pressured. I'm dying to see what Stevens can do with them all individually as they've all three been a little disappointing in one facet or another of their game (Brodin-offense, Scandella-physicality, Dumba-decision making)

handful of games in and Brodin is shooting more, Scandella is hitting people, and Dumba...is still erratic but that guy has a skillset unique in our system. he did very well paired with Suter tonight and played 26 minutes.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
If TO was willing to part with JVR for a Dman, then Fowler would have been a Leaf already.

This season is the first time it has made sense to trade JVR.

The Maple Leafs have at least 15 wingers in the organization that are either ready or near-ready to play in the NHL.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
No..Anaheim doesn't have the cap room in a fowler for jvr trade.

they actually do, JVR is only 250k more.
it doesnt help them sign lindholm though, unless the leafs took back stoner. then the ducks would have to add a good prospect or 2nd+3rd

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
To Toronto: Cam Fowler + Clayton Stoner + 2nd Round Pick
To Anaheim: James van Riemsdyk + Matt Hunwick

Anaheim saves almost $2.5M in cap space, when you consider the F they send down and the difference in salary between Stoner and Hunwick.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
To Toronto: Cam Fowler + Clayton Stoner + 2nd Round Pick
To Anaheim: James van Riemsdyk + Matt Hunwick

Anaheim saves almost $2.5M in cap space, when you consider the F they send down and the difference in salary between Stoner and Hunwick.

Hmm i like this. I would think switching Hunwick to Corrado would help the ducks much more though, since he only has a cap hit of 600k. I like that deal though as a leafs fan.

Something like JVR+Corrado for Fowler+Stoner+Pick

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Hmm i like this. I would think switching Hunwick to Corrado would help the ducks much more though, since he only has a cap hit of 600k. I like that deal though as a leafs fan.

Something like JVR+Corrado for Fowler+Stoner+Pick

JVR + Hunwick for Fowler + Stoner allows Anaheim to sign Hampus Lindholm for $6M.

Corrado instead of Hunwick would give them more flexibility for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad