LW Jakob Pelletier - Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL (2019, 26th, CGY)

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Does he have St. Louis legs?
1902gzy5wjbrqjpg.jpg

St-Louis probably didn't have these legs at 17. ;)

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
He won't go as high as these guys because of his size, but he should go top 20 for sure with such skill...

Because he's french and small? Gourde made the NHL at 25...

small fast dynamic good IQ

and will have similar stats in the Q

anything else ?

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Yeah Pelletier is miles ahead and more talented at the same age.

Draft season matters when talking about the draft, no clue what you are laughing at.

miles ahead at 17

tell me when he becomes a $5 millon dollar man in nhl

you should be glad i mentioned gourde

cause according to you since hes miles ahead at 17 he will be the next crosby at 21

Mercedes Benn

Aug 3, 2018
miles ahead at 17

cause according to you since hes miles ahead at 17 he will be the next crosby at 21
Way to steer the argument away. He said they don't have comparable stats in the Q, which they don't.

Reactions: TimeZone

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
miles ahead at 17

Yeah don’t put words in my mouth, thanks. All I did was point out that Pelletier has much better stats so far, not similar stats.

Last edited:

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Yeah don’t put words in my mouth, thanks. All I did was point out that Pelletier has much better stats so far, not similar stats.

its the end result and where he ends up
i couldn’t giveba crap about the journey to the nhl especially dont care about comparaing at 17...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
its the end result and where he ends up
i couldn’t giveba crap about the journey to the nhl especially dont care about comparaing at 17...

Gourde is not a terrible comp or anything. I just think Pelletier is more versatile than he gets credit for with being a smaller guy. He also has some time to put on weight or even grow still.

He reminds me more of Point, if we are going to use Tampa Bay players.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Partly a product of a high scoring team, IMO. I’d be more impressed if he was the top guy on a middle level team.

Regardless, his skill should vy for a 1st round selection.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Partly a product of a high scoring team, IMO. I’d be more impressed if he was the top guy on a middle level team.

Jack Hughes’ production is partly a product of a high scoring team, IMO. I’d be more impressed if he was the top guy on a middle level team.

“Regardless, his skill should vie for a 1st round selection.” As in, he’s on the bubble.

:laugh:

You don’t think Hischier, etc. played for good teams? Perhaps aided in that team being good?

Reactions: Acadien86

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
miles ahead at 17

You said they have similar stats in the Q and that's just plain wrong. Gourde wasnt even in the Q at 16. It wasnt until Gourde was 19 that he had a season close to even Pelletiers 16 year old season. His 20 year old season is comparable to Pelletiers 17yo season (so far).

Pelletier will have a fairly better Q career. Remains to be seen how he ends up in the NHL.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

This is weird. Punish a guy for being the best offensive player on a good team? It would only be impressive if he was the best player on an ok team?

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
McKenna is the best offensive player on Moncton and it isn't even close.

I wouldn't consider it "not even close": 1.63 ppg (McKenna) vs 1.53 ppg (Pelletier). Considering Pelletier being younger and coming back from an injury (broken arm) in the beginning of the season, I think he will improve more than McKenna as the season goes. Wouldn't surprise me if he closes the gap in points by the end of the season.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
This is weird. Punish a guy for being the best offensive player on a good team? It would only be impressive if he was the best player on an ok team?
McKenna is much better offensively. I’d also argue khovanov is better offensively.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Jack Hughes’ production is partly a product of a high scoring team, IMO. I’d be more impressed if he was the top guy on a middle level team.

“Regardless, his skill should vie for a 1st round selection.” As in, he’s on the bubble.

:laugh:

You don’t think Hischier, etc. played for good teams? Perhaps aided in that team being good?
Hischier was top dog on a great team. Not #3-4 on a good team.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
McKenna is much better offensively. I’d also argue khovanov is better offensively.

There’s a 1 goal and 3 point difference between McKenna and Pelletier if they played the same amount of games. McKenna is not much better offensively and you can argue that Khovanov is if you want but he really isn’t. Pelletier is the most offensively gifted player the Wildcats have, watch some more of their games if you disagree and you’ll quickly realize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad