LW Grigori Denisenko (2018, 15th, FLA; claimed by VGK)

ag3r

Dec 26, 2019
Pros are paid to play and rookies are paid less because they aren’t established pros and may need time to establish themselves.
Beyond that I’m not talking about people that came over and failed I’m talking about Russian prospects from Russia that choose to stay in Russia to develop. It’s seems in this board North Americans cannot accept that in Russia players need to earn playing time because here players are force fed it if they show skill at a young age. The KHL is the Russian version of the NHL not a development league if a kid doesn’t get minutes there learning to be a pro from other professionals is valuable just like a kid playing fourth line minutes in the NHL learning from pros. The difference is if a kid is played on the 4th line with limited minutes here in NA they’re developing if a kid plays limited fourth line minutes in Russia everyone is kicking and screaming to get them here to develop.

As I, recall rookies in KHL often play 2-4 minutes because of the stupid rule that requires one u21 player in KHL team. So KHL teams just select their best rookie and force him this 5 shifts instead of time in VHL.
Another problem with KHL teams is complete lack of long-term planning. In NHL, some teams are rebuilding or simply weak and they are willing to give icetime to rookies even if they are losing points because of it. In Russia, we ALWAYS demand results, rebuilding as concept does not exist here, in long-term perspective your new shiny rookie will play in SKA/CSKA, so why bother with him.
That's why I think that stupid u21 limit should be abolished and loan system should be implemented to really help young players develop properly

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah I’ll take my chances. If he’d get consistent minutes in the KHL then I’d be against him coming. But the shit show that is the khl and Lokomotiv is not ideal.
Somebody calling the KHL a shitshow disqualifies himself from a meaningful discussion. Saves time, alright.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
As I, recall rookies in KHL often play 2-4 minutes because of the stupid rule that requires one u21 player in KHL team. So KHL teams just select their best rookie and force him this 5 shifts instead of time in VHL.
Another problem with KHL teams is complete lack of long-term planning. In NHL, some teams are rebuilding or simply weak and they are willing to give icetime to rookies even if they are losing points because of it. In Russia, we ALWAYS demand results, rebuilding as concept does not exist here, in long-term perspective your new shiny rookie will play in SKA/CSKA, so why bother with him.
That's why I think that stupid u21 limit should be abolished and loan system should be implemented to really help young players develop properly
Okay, now go watch the KHL... for the first time.

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
I mean there’s no hard rule in the NHL requiring u21s to play but it also happens here quite regularly when players are ready or not. Also you’ve just described dysfunctional organizations not a Russia specific issue. There’s plenty dysfunctional NHL orgs. Not to take shots at Florida but Denisenkos new team is one of those dysfunctional NHL teams.

ag3r

Dec 26, 2019
I mean there’s no hard rule in the NHL requiring u21s to play but it also happens here quite regularly when players are ready or not. Also you’ve just described dysfunctional organizations not a Russia specific issue. There’s plenty dysfunctional NHL orgs. Not to take shots at Florida but Denisenkos new team is one of those dysfunctional NHL teams.
But on average probability of being in disfunctional organization is higher in Russia, and rules of KHL do not help in this case

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
But on average probability of being in disfunctional organization is higher in Russia, and rules of KHL do not help in this case
Can definitely agree such a rule doesn’t help but I can name off a lot of dysfunctional orgs in NA this is not just a Russian issue. It’s like people here love to stick there head in the sand and remain oblivious to the issues here, and yet they love to criticize the same issues elsewhere.

Edit: just off the top of my head Montreal, Edmonton, Ottawa, my leafs until a few years ago, arguably Vancouver, Florida, Arizona, NYI until maybe 2 yrs ago, NJ, Detroit, all very dysfunctional orgs. That’s 1/3 of the league.

ag3r

Dec 26, 2019
Okay, now go watch the KHL... for the first time.
Tried it a lot

On Статистика : Личная статистика : 19/20 | рег.чемпионат : Континентальная Хоккейная Лига (КХЛ) if you sort by icetime, you will find a lot of youngsters playing 2-10 mins on average. While I am fully agree with "earn it" mentality, I think that they should play in VHL 20 mins in top6 instead. But it appears that KHL executives does not care about it as much as I do

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Tried it a lot

On Статистика : Личная статистика : 19/20 | рег.чемпионат : Континентальная Хоккейная Лига (КХЛ) if you sort by icetime, you will find a lot of youngsters playing 2-10 mins on average. While I am fully agree with "earn it" mentality, I think that they should play in VHL 20 mins in top6 instead. But it appears that KHL executives does not care about it as much as I do

While it is indeed a case with some coaches, who are not willing to trust young players too much, it hasn't been exactly a case for Denisenko, as he got pretty decent icetime this season.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
For his own sake, don't stay away from Springfield. Its become a hellhole for talent development.

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018
For his own sake, don't stay away from Springfield. Its become a hellhole for talent development.
springfield is st louis' affiliate from next season onward, panthers don't have a new one yet but it seems like it'll be the charlotte checkers

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
How's Mr.2ndBestProspectNotInTheNHL doing?:sarcasm:

Right now I see an idiot move by Denisenko paying all the negative dividents on his development.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What idiot move? The AHL season hasn't even started yet..
You answered your question yourself. By now he would have played nearly a whole KHL season. Sitting out at his age and most importantly at his development stage when he needs to work on so many things in his game still is beyond stupid.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
You answered your question yourself. By now he would have played nearly a whole KHL season. Sitting out at his age and most importantly at his development stage when he needs to work on so many things in his game still is beyond stupid.
Well didnt he play this season in the vhl ? Now
Will come
To finish in the AHL... one could argue he’s actually going to play even more professionnal hockey?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well didnt he play this season in the vhl ? Now
Will come
To finish in the AHL... one could argue he’s actually going to play even more professionnal hockey?
He didn't play anywhere this season.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
You are absolutely right a got confused for a second, but his path seems a little bit like guryanov, who took time in the AHL but developpes well afterwards
It's all cool given it would not be happening in 2020. I mean for a guy like Kaprizov it made sense to go to NA and wait fior the season to start. He is no prospect anymore, but most prospects actually returned to Russia to play in the MHL/VHL/KHL while the NA leagues were all uncertain. And Denisenko chose the worst time to do the opposite.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
It's all cool given it would not be happening in 2020. I mean for a guy like Kaprizov it made sense to go to NA and wait fior the season to start. He is no prospect anymore, but most prospects actually returned to Russia to play in the MHL/VHL/KHL while the NA leagues were all uncertain. And Denisenko chose the worst time to do the opposite.
Yes, maybe denisenko wanted to work with the team and the facilities in florida where im sure he still trained... we will have to see how he fares in the ahl ![/QUOTE]

Reactions: wings5

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
He is at least enjoying the weather in Florida.

grigori-denisenko-2020-5026.jpg

grigori-denisenko-2021-234.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad