LW Edgars Treijs - VIK Västerås HK J20, SuperElit (2016 undrafted)

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
I thought he had been in Sweden longer. SVT said he came here when he was 10 years old? Or did they just mess that up? Should it be 10 years ago? He speaks swedish like he was born here and his "ösgötska" (dialect in Östergötland district) is spot on.

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
No it's totally right. I'm pretty sure he moved there 4 years ago, it means, when he was about 10-11 years old.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
I thought he had been in Sweden longer. SVT said he came here when he was 10 years old? Or did they just mess that up? Should it be 10 years ago? He speaks swedish like he was born here and his "ösgötska" (dialect in Östergötland district) is spot on.

Children, especially if forced to immerse themselves, are great at learning new languages.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Going to be interesting to see how this guy pans out. Draft year is still 3 yrs. away so let's see if we're still talking about him in the leadup to the 2016 draft.

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
What's up with this guy? Seems he's not getting the minutes he should get (mostly playing U16, even though he's a 98 born). Considering that he is dominating U16, shouldn't he be playing regulary at J18 level? As far as i'm concerned, he has appeared only in several games in 3rd or 4th line. Under 35 games a year is nothing at this age.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What's up with this guy? Seems he's not getting the minutes he should get (mostly playing U16, even though he's a 98 born). Considering that he is dominating U16, shouldn't he be playing regulary at J18 level? As far as i'm concerned, he has appeared only in several games in 3rd or 4th line. Under 35 games a year is nothing at this age.

Yeah I'm quite surprised about this as well. If you score 25 goals in 16 games that's pretty indicative that the league you're playing in is too easy. He should really be getting top minutes in U18. Weird.

Anyway, watched the interview with him and he sounds like a great kid. Really took a liking for him. Gonna follow his career closely from here on out.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Not sure what the particular reasons are here since I don't know the details of the situation well enough, but Rögle is a good organization, they know what they're doing.

A lot of the more one-dimensional scoring 98'ers have been having a hard time getting regular shifts with their J18 teams, but as long as they get their U16 Elit games, don't think it's a bad thing to take things slow.

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
A few days ago Treijs was drafted by Dubuque Fighting Saints of the USHL. Your predictions? Any chance he goes there this / next year?

Reminder - he's 2016 eligible, therefore if he chose to go there this year, he would play 2 seasons there till the draft. By the way, Zemgus Girgensons played for Dubuque and joined Dubuque at the age of 16.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
A few days ago Treijs was drafted by Dubuque Fighting Saints of the USHL. Your predictions? Any chance he goes there this / next year?

Reminder - he's 2016 eligible, therefore if he chose to go there this year, he would play 2 seasons there till the draft. By the way, Zemgus Girgensons played for Dubuque and joined Dubuque at the age of 16.

Could always go there to showcase himself for CHL/NCAA.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Isn't that kind of a huge jump from u16 league?

Enormous, even above average SuperElit players usually don't make a smooth transition. But since he's that young, they probably have some sort of development plan.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Enormous, even above average SuperElit players usually don't make a smooth transition. But since he's that young, they probably have some sort of development plan.

To be fair, would probably be a very good J18 Elit player if he would've got a fair shake.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
To be fair, would probably be a very good J18 Elit player if he would've got a fair shake.

While that's probably true (I mostly only know of this kid from this thread), not actually playing J18 means he missed out on what would have been a significant stepping stone that'd have acclimated him some to playing against older and better players. It'll be interesting to see how he handles the jump, because it shouldn't be easy.

I assume this means he plans on going the NCAA route?

attackbjorn

Feb 23, 2013
Sweden
Apparently he's not joining Dubuque year one, according to the blog. He's porbably going to A High School team to begin With.

Sounds very reasonable. A bit step, as youve already said

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
Any ideas what's happening with this guy and where he will play this year? I couldn't find anything...

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
Apparently you can see their game results here - http://www.salisburyschool.org/page.cfm?p=560&teamID=124&display=Schedule

And Treijs' stats here - http://www.ushr.com/neprep/team/stats/2014/48?playerID=21041

Not sure what's happening, but he should score a lot playing with this kind of competition (they even mentioned in salisbury school hockey twitter account that he is expected to make huge contribution on offense). Unless something has changed drastically, his CWC u18 stats suck as well.

I don't want to point fingers, but everything started going down when he left Linköping. He didn't even get to play in J18 last year in Rögle as 16yo, because they were packed. Right now nobody is even talking about him and no info can be found on the internet.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Apparently you can see their game results here - http://www.salisburyschool.org/page.cfm?p=560&teamID=124&display=Schedule

And Treijs' stats here - http://www.ushr.com/neprep/team/stats/2014/48?playerID=21041

Not sure what's happening, but he should score a lot playing with this kind of competition (they even mentioned in salisbury school hockey twitter account that he is expected to make huge contribution on offense). Unless something has changed drastically, his CWC u18 stats suck as well.

I don't want to point fingers, but everything started going down when he left Linköping. He didn't even get to play in J18 last year in Rögle as 16yo, because they were packed. Right now nobody is even talking about him and no info can be found on the internet.

I would guess that he's played more than 4 games this season so I would take those numbers with a grain of salt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad