LW Edgars Treijs - VIK Västerås HK J20, SuperElit (2016 undrafted)

DSL

Jun 30, 2011
If he goes with Sweden he will have a better chance at winning tournaments, but at the same time it will be harder to make the team. What he should ask himself is what team does he want to win with. That's the team he should play for.

I feel like, for the sake of competition and depth in international tournaments, and growth of the sport in the world, it's best if he plays for Latvia.

But being a Swede and allways supporting my Tre Kronor I would be happy to see him play for Tre Kronor ofcourse, if that's what he wants to do.

Either way it will be exciting to follow this player and see how he develops. Of course it will also be interesting to see what country he choose to play for. Seems like its 50/50 atm, maybe slight advantage towards Sweden from what I'm hearing.

Last edited:

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Most probably if he'll be really talented (will develop as a great player) he'll choose Sweden, if not then Latvia....
I have no issues if he chooses Sweden, he has mostly developed there after all. But of course always welcome to play with team Latvia.

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
He's just sick. In the first game of U16 league, he scored 5 goals and got 1 assist. I guess we will hear a lot from him this season. Anyway, i hoped he would play in J18 this season, but seems it won't happen. And by the way - sorry for the hype, lol.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He's just sick. In the first game of U16 league, he scored 5 goals and got 1 assist. I guess we will hear a lot from him this season. Anyway, i hoped he would play in J18 this season, but seems it won't happen. And by the way - sorry for the hype, lol.

I would be VERY surprised if he didn't play in J18 this season. Their season hasn't started yet though. Saw him at TV-pucken a week ago, he didn't dominate on the scoresheet but you could see he's a pretty special talent. He's also pretty well built for his age.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Yes he will play J18 as well. He has already been playing preseason games with LHC J18. He will probably be on the line up tomorrow as they play their first J18 Elit game of the season.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Yes he will play J18 as well. He has already been playing preseason games with LHC J18. He will probably be on the line up tomorrow as they play their first J18 Elit game of the season.

He only played a couple of shifts today but he will likely get to play more J18 against some of the weaker teams in the league and as injuries/call ups comes along.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He will not participate in the U16 National camp in october, maybe that's a sign he will play for Latvia?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
He will not participate in the U16 National camp in october, maybe that's a sign he will play for Latvia?

God, I hope you are right. I'd give him captain's armband in Sochi OG and my firstborn daughter, to convince him to commit for us.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Oh-boy.gif

I really hope our federation would start talking to this kid asap.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010

Hmm.. I don't think so. That Landsbro camp roster seem to miss too many of the "forerunners" in that age group. I simply think it's a camp to evaluate some of the players the national team coaches haven't seen that much of yet.

DSL

Jun 30, 2011
This just keeps going back and forth lol, it's more interesting and exciting than any movie I've watched lately =P

First everyone thought he would choose Latvia, then there were reports saying he had gone to some regional camps arranged by Sweden and that was a clear sign he would play for Sweden, then there's reports that he's not going to Swedish u16 camp, which would indicate he won't play for Sweden, but then it turns out its more of an evaluation camp.

Back and forth, back and forth. Can't someone just ask the kid who he want's to play for? It's up to him to decide right?

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Off-topicish, but can you actually trade such a young kid in Sweden? Do they even have contracts?

No, it's not the clubs that have traded, it's himself. But i have no idea why so better not speculate. Sad to see him go since he's been my favourite player since a couple of years back.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Why is he still playing U16 hockey this season? Before switching clubs he had eight goals and one assist in two games..

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Why is he still playing U16 hockey this season? Before switching clubs he had eight goals and one assist in two games..

Before moving to Rögle he played fourth line on LHC J18 and played some power play etc. I think LHC should have used him on top two lines but he was battling with pretty good players born 96 on that team. Now it seems to have come to an awkward situation where he doesn't get to play that big minutes even with Rögle U16 but that might be just a transition thing.

I really hope all goes well for this kid becuase he is a very gifted player and very entertaining to watch.

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
What's up with Edgars Treijs? Nor playing in LHC, nor in Rögle. With his talent and skills he should be getting legit playing time in J18 this year already, however, played only on 4th line in LHC and not even playing in Rögle J18. Anyone knows what's happening?

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
What's up with Edgars Treijs? Nor playing in LHC, nor in Rögle. With his talent and skills he should be getting legit playing time in J18 this year already, however, played only on 4th line in LHC and not even playing in Rögle J18. Anyone knows what's happening?

He's playing U16 for Rögle. Looked good at the tibro trophy.

DSL

Jun 30, 2011
Just said in an interview with SVT that he wants to play for Sweden, so we can finally put that to rest.

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
Just said in an interview with SVT that he wants to play for Sweden, so we can finally put that to rest.

Well, knowing our hockey federation, i wouldn't be surprised that they haven't even spoken to him. And if it's so, why not to play for Sweden?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Well, knowing our hockey federation, i wouldn't be surprised that they haven't even spoken to him. And if it's so, why not to play for Sweden?

He said he felt swedish, all his friends are swedish etc. Sounds like the decision was a no-brainer for him. He also speaks perfect swedish, well except for that horrible regional Östergötland accent. It's too early to tell if he's even going take a permanent spot on the national team, maybe he'll play for Latvia if he doesn't. He sure has a lot of potential and he sounds like a very driven kid.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Just watched the video on SVT. Seems like a good kid. Hope he reaches his potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad