LW Edgars Treijs - VIK Västerås HK J20, SuperElit (2016 undrafted)

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
I've seen him quite a lot and he is really good offensively. He has a great wrist shot, good vision, good skating and impressive puck control. He can also deliver offensive hits and don't seem to shy away from physical play.

His weakness is, logically, his defensive game which isn't great. But he is playing with older guys every game and really stands out, quite remarkably. Will be interesting to see what he can do in tv-pucken this fall.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
He has been to at least two regional camps arranged by the swedish federation, the last just a couple of weeks ago. Wether that's a sign he will play for Sweden or not i don't know.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I have big doubts about this kid representing Latvia i`d say its like 70% he will represent sweden and 30% that he will represent Latvia.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Is there any videos where we can see him on ice?

This weekend you can most likely see him live in the under 16's playoffs. Linköping is playing three games which all will be broadcasted via livearena.com (free but you need to download microsoft silverlight and peer 2 view). Linköpings first game is on friday at 19.30 CET and a direct link to the broadcast is here: http://grumshockey.livearena.com/Content/Index/4499

Treijs is number 8.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
I have big doubts about this kid representing Latvia i`d say its like 70% he will represent sweden and 30% that he will represent Latvia.

As a swede i hope he will play for Latvia just for the depth in international competitions

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
As a swede i hope he will play for Latvia just for the depth in international competitions

I love you. :)

Anyway, if he reaches his potential, he won't be playing for our NT often, that's for sure.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Treijs played a pre-tournament to tv-pucken this weekend and ended up being best goalscorer even though he was rested against one of the weaker teams.

One thing I noticed during the tournament was that he played on the PK -- something I don't think he's done before. He was actually quite good at it too, battled off a few guys along the boards, holding the puck and turning up and down which killed a lot of time.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
He's too young to have played internationally.

What I can say is that TV-Pucken historically only accepts Swedish players, while Latvia don't permit dual citizenship.

Several Danish Players, even some without dualcitizenship, have participated in TV-Pucken.. So that makes little sense to me.

And great talent this Treijs.

Seems Latvia are going to have the Same problem with him as Denmark had with Nick Sörensen

Born in Denmark, grew up in Denmark, even played for some younger Danish Regional NT, chose Sweden....

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Several Danish Players have participated in TV-Pucken.. So that makes little sense.

And great talent this Treijs.

Seems Latvia are going to have the Same problem with him as Denmark had with Nick Sörensen

Born in Denmark, grew up in Denmark, even played for some younger Danish Regional NT, chose Sweden....

Well its not set in stone that he will play for Sweden,but its starting to look that way,but still we can always hope he turns out to be the bigggest latvian patriot ever,right? :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well its not set in stone that he will play for Sweden,but its starting to look that way,but still we can always hope he turns out to be the bigggest latvian patriot ever,right? :laugh:

I absolutely HATE it... Why choose a country that is Stacked, yeah you might get a better chance at winning.. But you will also have a harder time making the team. And wouldn't it be better to help make a country into a great nation in Icehockey than to maybe play a few games for Sweden.

Hope for you he chooses Latvia :D

BTW, What makes him half Swedish?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I absolutely HATE it... Why choose a country that is Stacked, yeah you might get a better chance at winning.. But you will also have a harder time making the team. And wouldn't it be better to help make a country into a great nation in Icehockey than to maybe play a few games for Sweden.

Hope for you he chooses Latvia :D

BTW, What makes him half Swedish?

Nothing as far as i know both his parents are Latvian.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Ouch, then he really needs to get his priorities set! Latvia and it shouldn't even be a thinker.

Well for example Girgensons left at early age to go to US,but he was very patriotically raised,in the sense his parents always told him to always remember where he comes from and what country he represents and thats why hes such hard worker too,discipline at early age does wonders for your kid,i wish more parents where like that in Latvia.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well for example Girgensons left at early age to go to US,but he was very patriotically raised,in the sense his parents always told him to always remember where he comes from and what country he represents and thats why hes such hard worker too,discipline at early age does wonders for your kid,i wish more parents where like that in Latvia.

Exactly... Well I hope for you Treijs is smart and loyal enough to make the right choice :D

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Exactly... Well I hope for you Treijs is smart and loyal enough to make the right choice :D

While it would suck really hard if he chose Sweden we have enough good prospects in the future,so even if we dont get a superstar we will still have solid players.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Sörensen has lived in Sweden since he was 3 years old and Swedish is his first language. His mother is also Swedish. Him playing for Sweden is not odd at all.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Sörensen has lived in Sweden since he was 3 years old and Swedish is his first language. His mother is also Swedish. Him playing for Sweden is not odd at all.

First of all! No he has not lived in Sweden since he was 3 years old.. No Swedish is not his first Language.. He speaks equally Danish.

Im not saying it's odd.. Im saying it's annoying.

He was born in Holbæk, and even went to school there for some time..

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
First of all! No he has not lived in Sweden since he was 3 years old.. No Swedish is not his first Language.. He speaks equally Danish.

Im not saying it's odd.. Im saying it's annoying.

He was born in Holbæk, and even went to school there for some time..

He moved to Ljungby when he was 3-4 years old, lived there for 6 years and started playing in Björnligan for Troja. Then he moved to Bunkeflo (Limhamn) and played there for 6 years (one year in Malmö J15). Then he started playing for Rögle before he moved to Quebec.

http://www.roglebk.se/natmagasinet/visa/893_unge_nick_visar_framfotterna

"My dad is from Denmark and moved to Sweden in 1990 for the first time. Then my mom and dad moved to Denmark before I was born and then back to Sweden when I was a couple of years old. We lived in Ljungby and when I was ten we moved to Skåne. I played for Malmö before I moved to Rögle the year before I started high school"

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/13040878/det-har-inte-varit-det-roligaste-aret

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
He moved to Ljungby when he was 3-4 years old, lived there for 6 years and started playing in Björnligan for Troja. Then he moved to Bunkeflo (Limhamn) and played there for 6 years (one year in Malmö J15). Then he started playing for Rögle before he moved to Quebec.

http://www.roglebk.se/natmagasinet/visa/893_unge_nick_visar_framfotterna

"My dad is from Denmark and moved to Sweden in 1990 for the first time. Then my mom and dad moved to Denmark before I was born and then back to Sweden when I was a couple of years old. We lived in Ljungby and when I was ten we moved to Skåne. I played for Malmö before I moved to Rögle the year before I started high school"

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/13040878/det-har-inte-varit-det-roligaste-aret

Well my apologiez about the Sweden thing, but I had heard he actually lived in Denmark till he was 5-6 and actually chose to play for a Regional Danish NT when living in Skåne.. And he still speaks equally Danish and has ties.

But back to the point, no one ever said it was odd, just annoying..

Treijs Playing for Sweden would be odd..

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Well my apologiez about the Sweden thing, but I had heard he actually lived in Denmark till he was 5-6 and actually chose to play for a Regional Danish NT when living in Skåne.. And he still speaks equally Danish and has ties.

But back to the point, no one ever said it was odd, just annoying..

Treijs Playing for Sweden would be odd..

Well of course he speaks Danish, he lived in Skåne :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad