LW Dmitrij Jaskin (2011, 41st overall, St. Louis)

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
He deserves to be a late 1st imo, and if he has strong wjc u18 he'll taken as a mid to late 1st because there are still questions about his skating.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
I don't know too much, but I think he could of/should of done more at the U18. He was a 1st round pick before imo, but now I think he could be available in the early 2nd, could be a steal though he just has to work on his skating, from what i've heard about him. too bad there was no czech-canada games on tsn so I could see him in action.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I don't know too much, but I think he could of/should of done more at the U18. He was a 1st round pick before imo, but now I think he could be available in the early 2nd, could be a steal though he just has to work on his skating, from what i've heard about him. too bad there was no czech-canada games on tsn so I could see him in action.

I've read that he was one of the top risers from the u-18's. He did have 4 goals in 5 games. And yes, the skating is obviously the concern for him being a guy of his size.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
He can always work on his skating, I don't see that as a big problem. Likewise with Couturier. If he dropped to us at #33... that would be awesome. But for me Jaskin is a top20 pick, no doubt. He has all the tools. Detroit is the kid of team that could take him and make him a star, I wouldn't be surprised if Red Wings took him late. Just like they did with Tatar, even though he was drafted a bit later.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
He was disappointing at the U-18 WJC. I was personally surprised at how ineffective he was and how often he didn't stand out.

He certainly did not do much in preventing the Czechs from finishing 8th overall - of 10 teams.

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
Dmitri Jaskin

Any of you saw him play? How high does he project to be drafted at?

He is 5th highest European prospect as per the NHL Central Scouting final rankings. If history is any indication, that kind of prospects usually are late firsts or early seconds.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
He'll go 15 - 25 or else somebody will be getting a steal. His low rankings are mostly due to the fact that he missed the WJC with an injury, but he looked good in the U18 one.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Big Powerforward type from the Czech Republic. Has good offensive skills and uses his frame well. Skating is his main weakness. Left Hander who plays the Right Wing. Calgary Hitmen own his CHL rights and he went 1st overall in the KHL draft.

ocarina

May 23, 2009
He was disappointing at the U-18 WJC. I was personally surprised at how ineffective he was and how often he didn't stand out.

He certainly did not do much in preventing the Czechs from finishing 8th overall - of 10 teams.

Wow, was that just an anomaly or has Czech junior hockey really declined that much?

Just curious, what were the final standings for the tournament?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Wow, was that just an anomaly or has Czech junior hockey really declined that much?

Just curious, what were the final standings for the tournament?

There's no doubt that both the Czech and Slovak developmental programs have some BIG questions to answer in coming years.

Obviously, we're not talking about two of the more financially capable nations around the world, so it's hard to imagine anything like the USNDTP program being implemented, although I think both nations feel they need to go such a route. Fact is, a lot of the kids who are good as of 15 are seeking alterior routes, be they in North America or Scandinavia. It's been tough for these programs to work on building a team that plays together regularly throughout a season and in a concentrated effort. It showed at this tournament.

Just imagine... the Czechs finished eigth despite having beaten the Swedes 2-1 in the opener.

As for the standings, I do know the following:
1) USA
2) Sweden
3) Russia
4) Canada

Finland, Germany

7) Switzerland
8) Czech Republic
9) Norway
10) Slovakia

The last two drop down while Denmark and Latvia will be headed up. Things will now get difficult though, as the respective committee has decided that there will only be one team relegated as of next spring. In addition, instead of having two groups of six battling it out for promotion in the second group, there'll now be a U-18 B-WC featuring 10 countries.

That means Slovakia and Norway will battle it out with 8 other nations next spring, including countries like France, Italy and Belarus.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Dmitri Jaskin Potential?

Just looking to hear everyone's opinion on Jaskin, especially Blues Fans.
19 player who looks to be in the mold of a future power forward, always goes to the hard areas, not afraid to take the body or drop the gloves.

But he is also a tremendous goal scorer.

In his first year in the Q he already has 12 goals in 12 games so far for the Moncton Wildcats, which is a team struggling for goals, while looking like hes getting better and better every game.
2nd round pick for the Blues in 2011

Thoughts on his potential?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
He also had 5 goals and 6 or 7 points in 5 pre season games for them too and has scored 3+1 in 3 games for the Czech U20 team. It looks like he's completely dominating everything.

Had a poor year in the Czech league last year, but looks to have really turned his game around in Moncton. Judging by what I saw at the WJC last year, Jaskin has the potential to be a power forward in the NHL one day. He has the size, strength, physicality, shot and awareness to be a good player, but he needs to work on his skating if he wants to be successful in North American professional hockey. It looks like he's adapted flawlessly to the CHL and seems to be absolutely dominating the competition. Most fans should get a good look at him as he'll be playing a top 6 role on the Czech team at the WJC.

IMO, he could have made the move to the AHL this year had his skating been better. Hopefully that will improve over this year because he has everything else that's needed from a power forward in the NHL.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I started to worry about him after last year. He was one of my top choices for who I wanted the Oilers to draft at 31.

I think his upside is somewhere around a guy like Hartnell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad