LW Dmitrij Jaskin (2011, 41st overall, St. Louis)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
He is playing for Slavia Prag in senior league. He is no.1 Draft pick 2010 in KHL (selected by Sibir). Sibir did nice job by picking him :handclap:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Let's see:

- Playing in the top (men's) league in Czech Republic
- Third highest scorer on his team
- Has made tremendous strides over the course of last 8-10 months
- Good hockey sense, good puckhandling, good vision (doesn't excell at any of these other than being very strong on the puck — hard to move off it)
- Big body, plays physical, competes hard
- Defensively responsible

Not going to bother comparing him as I haven't seen him nearly enough. And as was already mentioned, he was the top pick for the KHL draft so the NHL scouts aren't the only ones that see something in him.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I´m not sure who to compare him to precisely. But I would explain him as very strong and steady guy, who´s great along the boards and goes to dirty areas but above all is scorer with good finish and is very competitive guy.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I´m not sure who to compare him to precisely. But I would explain him as very strong and steady guy, who´s great along the boards and goes to dirty areas but above all is scorer with good finish and is very competitive guy.

Sounds like we agree on everything. :handclap: I think whoever picks him is going to be very happy, especially if it's in the late first.

---

Also, his father Alexej Jaskin was a good defender in the Russian and then in the Czech league.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Sounds like we agree on everything. :handclap: I think whoever picks him is going to be very happy, especially if it's in the late first.

---

Also, his father Alexej Jaskin was a good defender in the Russian and then in the Czech league.

True :yo: good thing we posted it in the same minute... proves we didn´t copy each other :laugh:

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country

Maybe compare him to Dustin Brown from the Kings?

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm not sure about his, but somewhere in an HF article I read that he plays a similar style to Jagr. He is definitely promising though, and hopefully he will make the WJC, because if he doesn't it will be a big loss.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
I'm not sure about his, but somewhere in an HF article I read that he plays a similar style to Jagr. He is definitely promising though, and hopefully he will make the WJC, because if he doesn't it will be a big loss.

I would compare him to Milan Michalek.
He won´t make the World juniors for sure due to injury.

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
It sounds like he plays like Hossa. Big and strong on the puck. Almost impossible to move off it.

Obviously Hossa is great at everything else as opposed to just good at everything else.

alex20wild

May 27, 2010
Halifax
this guy sounds great, im running a prospect/draft preview website and i needed to look into this guy. thanks for your info

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Is he missing the tournament 100% sure? And would he have been a lock to make the team?

I would've loved to see more about this kid

1) Yes, he is.
2) I´m pretty sure he would be a lock... last month he came to play his first game with U20 against Russia B squad and he scored a hattrick and was the best player on the ice.

0123456789*

He now is listed as 189cm(6'2.5) 90kg(200LBS), has grown allot over the last year or so and really filled out. His older brother Mikhail Jaskin is 19 and 195cm(6'4.77) and 98kg (216lbs). Dmitrij is still 17 and will still add some size, 90% of brothers usually end up within 2-3cm or less difference. Given his late growth spurt and all the other factors I would say Dmitrij will be pretty close to his brothers 195cm when all is said and done. Its pretty unlikely that he grows more than that but its also not impossible, in any case 6'3 or close to 6'4 with his style of play the potential can be sky high.

It will be interesting what happens with him because he could be the steal of the draft, especially do to his late climb and exposure and his current injury that took him out of the WJC where I really think he would have really made everyone notice as he would have been dominant imo.

Its great to see a kid like him take his game to such a higher level in a short period of time. Hope he gets back from his injury quick and takes the time to regroup and rest.

0123456789*

He returned from his injury over the weekend and played in Slavias two games in the extra league over the weekend. By all accounts he looked good in those games.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Dmitri Jaskin

I want to know more about thise kid. I believe he might have all the tool to be a great power foward. Will he be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. Late or early in the 1st or 2nd?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad