LW Anthony Mantha - Val d'Or, QMJHL (2013, 20th overall, Detroit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
We need a separate thread for all these comments. Nobody has seriously got tired of this?

I agree, its a part of the reason why wings fans will get a bad rep at times. Everyone gets it, Mantha is donig great but every game we dont need the "Oh bust" jokes at this point

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
At the intermission yesterday Holland said next year Mantha is going to get to play 6-7 preseason games and get a legit shot to make the team out of camp. I dont remember the last time a player got a legit shot to make the team right out of camp, Jiri Fisher I guess. But I especially dont remember Holland ever coming right out and saying it before the season prior was finished.

Seems like the wings are extremely high on him and the success of their young players this season might've woken Holland up a bit

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
At the intermission yesterday Holland said next year Mantha is going to get to play 6-7 preseason games and get a legit shot to make the team out of camp. I dont remember the last time a player got a legit shot to make the team right out of camp, Jiri Fisher I guess. But I especially dont remember Holland ever coming right out and saying it before the season prior was finished.

Seems like the wings are extremely high on him and the success of their young players this season might've woken Holland up a bit

Big physically more mature players are always more ready to make that jump.

But when we draft mostly projects on later rounds, those guys will need seasoning for years.

It's pretty clear and simple plan.

Mantha is the strongest body with a great skillset we have drafted since... that Jiri Fischer and no wonder same is happening for him.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Jérôme Bérubé ‏@Jerome_Berube 8 min
#StatsBreakdown Anthony Mantha first 40 career games in the Q (3g-8a-11pts) last 149 games(126g-123a-249pts). #redwings

Saw this on the wings board. Pretty impressive

Hankerchief*

Val-d’Or forward Mantha named QMJHL MVP

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/val-dor-forward-mantha-named-qmjhl-mvp/

Val-d’Or’s Anthony Mantha powered his way into Quebec Major Junior Hockey League lore.

Having scored 57 goals in as many games this season, Mantha was named the league’s most valuable player at the Golden Puck Awards on Wednesday night.

As a result, the Foreurs’ right winger was awarded the Michel Briere Trophy.

Mantha also took home the Jean Beliveau Trophy as the league’s top scorer. The six-foot-four Mantha added 63 assists to his league-high goal tally to lead Val-d’Or to their first division championship in seven years, and help book a trip to the playoffs.

DatsyukianDeke*

Doing well so far. 10G, 15 PTS in 9 GP. Hasn't maintained 2 PPG but his 1 GPG is still intact.

Incredible. From the Babcock and Holland interview the other day I think they will be moving him up rather quickly into the NHL. It will be incredible if he makes the NHL next year.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Doing well so far. 10G, 15 PTS in 9 GP. Hasn't maintained 2 PPG but his 1 GPG is still intact.
Gotta figure his opponents so far have been focusing mostly on him, too. It's likely that he hasn't been able to hold the puck for very long. Thankfully his scoring isn't predicated on holding the puck long (see last night's highlights), but of course his playmaking would likely be. So 10 goals and 5 assists makes some kind of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad