LW Anthony Mantha - Val d'Or, QMJHL (2013, 20th overall, Detroit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
tumblr_n28lgg0Ckw1rgjwupo1_500.png

Nice!

So does this mean he will get a chance to play? If so that's awesome!!!

crazyaces**

Mantha would have been leading the CHL by a large margin if he didn't miss all those games at the WJC... Still he's only 4 goals back of Dane Fox, whose a 1993-born, under/middle-sized player playing for one of the top teams in the CHL...Same with Connor Brown in the points stats rank.

Mantha should be getting CHL player of the year award (they don't count the playoffs in this award or?)

I whole-heartedly disagree...

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I whole-heartedly disagree...

I would really like to hear your reasoning...

As for the Detroit thing, I'm guessing they use him in practice a bit and if they think hes good enough to help them in a playoff push that he'll get in the line up

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
A goal and 2 assists for Mantha against BB to win the division. The biggest game of the season against a top team and he had 3 points.

Interested to see how he does in the playoffs, I actually would like to see him tear up but the team lose fairly early so he might get a look in Detroit

ComradeChris

May 15, 2010
Soooo that means for Sunday it's:

Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist
Pulkkinen-Sheahan-Tatar
Mantha-Glendening-Alfredsson
TooToo-Abdelkader-Miller

Emmerton back to the pressbox?

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI

Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist
Pulkkinen-Sheahan-Tatar
TooToo-Abdelkader-Miller

Mantha isn't coming to the NHL until his Q team is eliminated from the playoffs or wins it all.

Also looks like he isn't playing today, I guess no point in risking anything.

Last edited:

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist
Pulkkinen-Sheahan-Tatar
TooToo-Abdelkader-Miller

The Wings can't recall Mantha unless it's a) the end of his CHL season or b) an emergency call up. I'm not sure what the criteria for an emergency call up are but giving the fact that Tootoo was recalled I doubt he can be called up.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Looks like Mantha has the highest GPG since Tavares (had over 1 GPG in 2008-2009). Overall, very few players have been able to hit 1 GPG in recent memory.

Of course, Brett MacLean did it too and kinda busted. But still, nice achievement here for Mantha.

edit: mixed up Brett McLean with Brett MacLean.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Looks like Mantha has the highest GPG since Tavares (had over 1 GPG in 2008-2009). Overall, very few players have been able to hit 1 GPG in recent memory.

Of course, Brett MacLean did it too and kinda busted. But still, nice achievement here for Mantha.

edit: mixed up Brett McLean with Brett MacLean.

He was just under a PPG at the AHL level and had to quit for health reasons, not sure if he qualifies as a bust?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
He was just under a PPG at the AHL level and had to quit for health reasons, not sure if he qualifies as a bust?

plus he got to play with Tavares so obviously his situation was massively different

imagine Mantha and Tavares on the same junior team

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
plus he got to play with Tavares so obviously his situation was massively different

imagine Mantha and Tavares on the same junior team

True, didn't realize that. Earlier in the season I had hopes they'd trade Mantha to Halifax.. Drouin + Mantha oh god.

Even better: Ehlers - Drouin - Mantha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad