Lupul

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
He's a better Hemsky. When he's on, it's great. When he's not, throw a rock on the ice. Just don't hit him. Suspension + LTIR

mikebel111*

regression.

but he should get more criticism here,

seems he can do no wrong in people's eyes.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Every single player on this team deserves criticism. No one is playing great and it isn't the other guys fault. Fans need to put away their fav player opinions.

Polo*

Leafs nation, summed up in a two page thread.

Not leaf nation. the bottom of the barrel

144 gp as a leaf
125 points.

Hes struggling with the rest of the clowns right now while playing with some idiots. When he plays with kadri the guy is a turnover machine.

Time to trade him says the scrubs of leaf nation.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
The problem with the Kadri - Lupul line currently is that Raymond is forcing Lupul to play the RW. His RW struggles are well-documented, he needs to be on LW to be most effective.

Plus Raymond sucks so there's that. The 2nd line should have Lupul on the left and either Clarkson or Kulemin on the right.
That's true. It cannot be Clarkson either. He just doesn't display attention of detail in the defensive and neutral zone. However, when it comes to crashing the net and making himself available in the slot, he's a lot more effective than Kulemin. If we can merge the two, we'd be in a much better shape.

Personally, I think Kulemin is more ideal. Unfortunately he doesn't have the stick handling ability to slow the game down like Kadri. Those hands don't help either. Moreover, I don't think Lupul is that effective in that regard due to his average game across the boards and overall intensity. Someone like Ladd, however, could play Kadri's game and is just nasty to play against. Give Kadri someone like him and he'll start playing like a 7 footer.

Ladd - Kadri - Kulemin ( similar player)

I don't think Lupul fits in our team long-term. Instead, he would look a lot better with a calculative centre like Bolland. He is actually a very strong distributor and would look a lot better with skilled, defensively-strong, forwards with a good finish.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
That's true. It cannot be Clarkson either. He just doesn't display attention of detail in the defensive and neutral zone. However, when it comes to crashing the net and making himself available in the slot, he's a lot more effective than Kulemin. If we can merge the two, we'd be in a much better shape.

Personally, I think Kulemin is more ideal. Unfortunately he doesn't have the stick handling ability to slow the game down like Kadri. Those hands don't help either. Moreover, I don't think Lupul is that effective in that regard due to his average game across the boards and overall intensity. Someone like Ladd, however, could play Kadri's game and is just nasty to play against. Give Kadri someone like him and he'll start playing like a 7 footer.

Ladd - Kadri - Kulemin ( similar player)

I don't think Lupul fits in our team long-term. Instead, he would look a lot better with a calculative centre like Bolland. He is actually a very strong distributor and would look a lot better with skilled, defensively-strong, forwards with a good finish.

He's a PPG forward when he's healthy and playing well, at 5.2M that's one hell of a deal. Contracts like that will allow you to add more pieces to other places of need.

he's playing like garbage? The whole team is playing like garbage. Once Lupul has his mojo back he's always a great player.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
He's a PPG forward when he's healthy and playing well, at 5.2M that's one hell of a deal. Contracts like that will allow you to add more pieces to other places of need.

he's playing like garbage? The whole team is playing like garbage. Once Lupul has his mojo back he's always a great player.
He's great, but Andrew Ladd would be much better with Kadri. I could see a very productive first line with Ladd and a physical glue guy (i.e Kulemin). I just don't see Kadri and Lupul meshing considering that the later cannot physically support Kadri. In other words, we need another JVR at the least.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
He's great, but Andrew Ladd would be much better with Kadri. I could see a very productive first line with Ladd and a physical glue guy (i.e Kulemin). I just don't see Kadri and Lupul meshing considering that the later cannot physically support Kadri. In other words, we need another JVR at the least.

That's why there are 3 players on a line. There are lots of players that could potentially mesh better, it's a big league. I think it all comes down to who that 3rd guy is and there hasn't really been a set wing tandem for a long period of time. Raymond frequents that pairing but other than flying down the wing and stopping he isn't doing a whole lot to help his linemates. Clarkson would be ideal but he hasn't really had time to get going with suspensions, injuries and Randy's preference to put him with blackhole Jay.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

Lups-Kadri-Clarkson as my 2nd scoring line option. Till i have seen this line get a good shot at it and fail, i will believe this to be a very viable option.

McClem-Bolo-Kuli as my checking line. I pity the teams with one big scoring line.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

Your only talking about the pegs Capitan and a player being mentioned as a Olympic possibility.

For some reason, I just don't think he can be had.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I like Lupul but the problem with this team is that there aren't any way above average 2 way forwards on this team

Each forward on our team either excels offensively or defensively but never both

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
That's why there are 3 players on a line. There are lots of players that could potentially mesh better, it's a big league. I think it all comes down to who that 3rd guy is and there hasn't really been a set wing tandem for a long period of time. Raymond frequents that pairing but other than flying down the wing and stopping he isn't doing a whole lot to help his linemates. Clarkson would be ideal but he hasn't really had time to get going with suspensions, injuries and Randy's preference to put him with blackhole Jay.
Clarkson doesn't play a strong game in all three zones to cover for Kadri and Lupul. Kulemin is much more productive in that regard. However, Kadri would be most productive around gritty forwards that can play his game. I think he would at least one, and neither Clarkson/ Kulemin represent that.

Your only talking about the pegs Capitan and a player being mentioned as a Olympic possibility.

For some reason, I just don't think he can be had.
If they're tanking, we'll go for him. Ladd is a Carlyle forward, and he happens to be very skilled as well.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I like Lupul but the problem with this team is that there aren't any way above average 2 way forwards on this team

Each forward on our team either excels offensively or defensively but never both
Exactly. You need that. Crosby isn't very exceptional defensively, but is surrounded by two-way guys in Dupuis and Kunitz. Likewise, Neal compliments Malkin well by being very strong two-way forward.

Chicago, San Jose, and St Louis are ridiculously two-way. We're not, however. This really shows in our games.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Clarkson doesn't play a strong game in all three zones to cover for Kadri and Lupul. Kulemin is much more productive in that regard. However, Kadri would be most productive around gritty forwards that can play his game. I think he would at least one, and neither Clarkson/ Kulemin represent that.

If they're tanking, we'll go for him. Ladd is a Carlyle forward, and he happens to be very skilled as well.

Sorry, I see Ladd as one of the last players the peg would put on the market.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

Those are the kind of players that teams lock up long term.

You pretty much have to draft and develop those.

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009

Like a Kulemin. I don't understand how he's always included in so many trade proposals, walking ufa etc

He's the one player on the team who doesn't look out of place in any situation

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

That says a lot about our organizations value of draft picks, development and drafting abilities

Teams aren't going to hand you those players unless you are willing to give them a fortune. I would give them a fortune although Im probably in the minority

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012

price wouldnt be cheap, wing isnt exactly our top need(Top 4 d, then two-way centre, then winger) but a two-way winger would definitely be very helpful.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
That says a lot about our organizations value of draft picks, development and drafting abilities

Teams aren't going to hand you those players unless you are willing to give them a fortune. I would give them a fortune although Im probably in the minority

Well I have said this before, look at some of the high profile names that have moved around the last 7 years.

Teams will trade players with skill

They will trade players with heart

They will trade leadership

Trade one with 2 of the 3, very rare

3 for 3, not bloody likely.

Richards is the last player I can think of. 2 way game/skill, heart,leadership.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
price wouldnt be cheap, wing isnt exactly our top need(Top 4 d, then two-way centre, then winger) but a two-way winger would definitely be very helpful.
We're not as bad in the middle as most think. Bozak is a pretty effective second liner, while Kadri can be our point producer and Bolland is an excellent two-way guy.

If we want to compete with the best, we would have a JVR - Kessel, Bolland - Lupul , and Kadri - Kulemin pair. Bozak helps stabilise the top line and let's the two wingers do the offensive work. Similarly, Bolland would cover for Lupul defensively and knows how to force momentum to our side. More importantly, Kulemin is a hard-worker who can get the puck to Kadri. That's how someone like Nazem is effective.

JVR - Bozak - Kessel [ Works]
Lupul - Bolland - Clarkson
Holland - Kadri - Kulemin

Reasoning:

The Lupul - Bolland - Clarkson line would be the closest to a Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin line that worked well last season. Lupul will be conductor on the line and he'll have two guys who keep the puck off the top lines. You have a skilled two-way centre in Bolland, who rattle top liners. Clarkson's job is to essentially wreck havoc in the opposition zone. While, I don't think his defensive and neutral zone work can carry Kadri, he goes into overdrive when in the offensive zone.

The Kadri - Kulemin pair could be complimented by a skilled, but conservative centre in Holland. Two forwards who are very strong along the boards, and a centre who knows that he is a PPG forward. The idea here is to give him space ( much like Seguin), and you'll see him thrive. Those creative first assists will not work with Kessel, because he doesn't keep plays alive. Instead, Kessel prefers to work with the puck himself and generally produces off the rush.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad