Injury Report: Lupul

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
That is actually devastating...

It's super early to start worrying but the timing is just horrible considering he just signed a huge contract. I wonder how long that type of injury will keep him out for.

Well, my Mom fracutred her left arm last March and it took her 2-3 months to fully recovery but keep in mind she didnt keep up with her physical therpay and her muscles froze so she had to do extensive rehab on it. I think in Lupul's case, he has a solid team of doctors behind him, normal time is 4-6 weeks to heal, I'm gonna say end of Febuary/early March is when he should be back on the ice.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I hope glass man connolly stays on Marlies, should call up frattin.

I doubt he makes it on the team, even IF we call him up he has to clear re-entry waivers at half the price, no way one of the other 29 other teams don't pick him up. Odds are though its a guy like Frattin that will be called up, plays Carlyle hockey and would be more effective then tim the glass doll connolly.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Well, my Mom fracutred her left arm last March and it took her 2-3 months to fully recovery but keep in mind she didnt keep up with her physical therpay and her muscles froze so she had to do extensive rehab on it. I think in Lupul's case, he has a solid team of doctors behind him, normal time is 4-6 weeks to heal, I'm gonna say end of Febuary/early March is when he should be back on the ice.
Exactly. he's a pro atlete in top condition with nothing to do but have the best therapy after the bone heals. Plus not insulting your mom but I'm sure he's younger which also makes a difference in bone healing times.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Aren't they the same thing? I think you mean if the bone doesn't need surgical fixation with a plate which is hopefully the case.

Correct, I should have elaborated. Technically the definition is the same, but a clean break should heal faster as opposed to a complex fracture with nerve involvement.

Mar 26, 2010
A broken forearm typically heals faster than a fractured forearm. Might be 4 weeks in a best case scenario.

A fracture is the same as a break. No difference.

If it is in fact a mid shaft forearm fracture that could include the Radius and Ulna. Mid shaft Fractures are usually more serious than a distal Radius fracture. As of now there is no info if both bones were fractured and if they are it will be minimum 8 weeks till he returns to full duty.

Even if it is an isolated Ulna fracture he will still be out 8 weeks.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Exactly. he's a pro atlete in top condition with nothing to do but have the best therapy after the bone heals. Plus not insulting your mom but I'm sure he's younger which also makes a difference in bone healing times.

None taken lol, I mean I can't defend her on it she didnt take care of herself after she injured herself, and even the injury was brought on by her own stupidty, she thought it would be brilliant to carry a 70lb vaccum down a set of stairs well she ended up tripping and bouncing her arm off the landing end boards.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I still remember Carlyle saying "[Connolly] he will be around again" :facepalm:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think you slide JVR up and kadri up and bring in Frattin for third line.

I think you don't even try to take out JvR from that Grabo line.

Kulemin and JvR have something going.

MacArthur practiced with Kessel/Bozie so he'll be going up with Connolly/Frattin on Kadri's line.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
I think you don't even try to take out JvR from that Grabo line.

Kulemin and JvR have something going.

MacArthur practiced with Kessel/Bozie so he'll be going up with Connolly/Frattin on Kadri's line.

Put Connoly on this team and watch how fast it goes in the sewer.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: