TSN: Luongo's Future to be known this week

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Except Luongo has legitimate hip issues that's had surgery on multiple times.

"Over the last few seasons, the former Vancouver Canucks captain has struggled with multiple injuries to his hand, groin and hip. The injury to the hip in particular has lingered and had the largest impact on Luongo this year."

Panthers' Roberto Luongo faces tough decision on future
Interesting..........didn't know this, thanks for the info...wasn't just throwing darts at Lou, but the players in general, like Hossa ( glove-itis ) etc

Reactions: gizmo12688

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hossa, Callahan, maybe Luongo developed a weird allergy to pucks or something
Don't forget Zoolander from the Wings, with his back issues....he even announced to the world, his back was bothersome, but played for his cap hit, but no way would he do it for 2-3M and sure enough, didn't...

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
I know where I work we need to go through extensive paper work and doctors before we go on long term.

No doctors involved with these players ? Proving that there unable to play at all?

NHL is brutal

Yeah, you got it. Absolutely no medical staff is available to these players. Shame.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I know where I work we need to go through extensive paper work and doctors before we go on long term.

No doctors involved with these players ? Proving that there unable to play at all?

NHL is brutal

Every team has doctors involved. The NHL can actually send it's own independent Doctor out to confirm LTIR status...they did this with Hossa and Lupul.

Edit: I now realize you may have been using some sarcasm...hopefully that's the case lol

Frostvein

May 13, 2019
Hossa’s condition has to be verified by an independent 3rd party Dr before the league would accept his LTIR status. I assume Luongo would be subjected to the same scrutiny

And? Lou has a chronic issue that has required multiple surgeries to this point, no? If he says "It hurts when I play" it's going to be real tough for anyone to verify that.

In Hossa's case, it came out of nowhere and that's probably why it had to be verified.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
And? Lou has a chronic issue that has required multiple surgeries to this point, no? If he says "It hurts when I play" it's going to be real tough for anyone to verify that.

In Hossa's case, it came out of nowhere and that's probably why it had to be verified.
I’m not saying it wouldn’t be approved. But it would certainly need to be verified. Especially if there is insurance on his contract.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I’m not saying it wouldn’t be approved. But it would certainly need to be verified. Especially if there is insurance on his contract.
it will easily get verified. he can barely move left to right. he was a disaster last season because of his lateral movement. His shootout stats were historically bad because he couldn't move.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
it will easily get verified. he can barely move left to right. he was a disaster last season because of his lateral movement. His shootout stats were historically bad because he couldn't move.

Exactly. He's an easy LTIR case

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad