TSN: Luongo's Future to be known this week

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Hossa was not cap circumvention. That should be clear to anyone following his condition or the Hawks.

and yet I knew it would happen years before it happened

holy crap im a genius and a future teller...oh wait everyone not delusional also knew it would happen years before it did. I guess im not too special after all

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
It is genuinely amazing to me that people are crying about LTIRetirement because a goalie who has had multiple hip surgeries may not be able to play anymore due to bad hips. Pretty much every goalie has knee and/or hip problems by the end of their careers, to complain about a goalie potentially being LTIRed because of hip issues after he has had well documented knee and hip problems is just pure idiocy.

Even if you want to say that Hossa retiring was cap circumvention or something, to accuse Luongo here of that is just asinine. Not every damn player that has to stop playing due to injuries is faking it because he's not getting enough money.

I think it was mainly only 2 people doing that so

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
and yet I knew it would happen years before it happened

holy crap im a genius and a future teller...oh wait everyone not delusional also knew it would happen years before it did. I guess im not too special after all

You knew he would develop a serious skin condition that many cut short the careers of many other former players? Congrats.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
You knew he would develop a serious skin condition that many cut short the careers of many other former players? Congrats.

the skin condition was creative. I thought he might choke on brockly or possibly grow 2 extra legs. I wasnt too sure what the problem would be. I thought he might suddenly be hit by a piece of falling aircraft.

points to him and his people for the skincondition… that was creative.

its so great it happened as soon as his contract went to a million and it was time to 'retire'

I never knew skin conditions were so considerate and only developed at the most convienent of times but lucky break that. we all knew it would be something and choking on brockily is a lot more serious so its a lucky break he chooses skin condition instead

Reactions: Yog S'loth

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
the skin condition was creative. I thought he might choke on brockly or possibly grow 2 extra legs. I wasnt too sure what the problem would be. I thought he might suddenly be hit by a piece of falling aircraft.

its so great it happened as soon as his contract went to a million and it was time to 'retire'

I never knew skin conditions were so considerate and only developed at the most convienent of times but lucky break that. we all knew it would be something and choking on brockily is a lot more serious so its a lucky break he chooses skin condition instead

Take off your tin foil conspiracy hat. He had the conditions for years before he was on LTIR.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
"lingering hip issue"

I guess "allergic to his equipment" was taken
This crap is getting rediculous...cap circumventing deals, to start the process, and injury issues to get out of playing for peanuts at the end..........this is why the league want these types of loopholes closed off.
Disgusting...

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Take off your tin foil conspiracy hat. He had the conditions for years before he was on LTIR.

and... lets follow this logic.. you are so damn close... I think you will get it...

and? what?

ok... had it for years... played... was being paid... ok... follow? yes... that was the plan

and when he wanted to stop the pay was nothing... as planned... they knew he would retire now... they wanted the cap down... and they knew... it was predetermined... he could play when the paychecks were higher but for the low pay check why bother? the team wanted the cap relief. so they gave him all his money sooner and had a prearranged deal he would disappear onto ltir at the agreed upon time

ok... damn... when I explain it that way its so freaking easy to follow after all. I thought this was complicated when people like you were confused but hell no. this was real easy

ok we are done here. glad you were able to figure it out too. happy to help

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
This crap is getting rediculous...cap circumventing deals, to start the process, and injury issues to get out of playing for peanuts at the end..........this is why the league want these types of loopholes closed off.
Disgusting...

Except Luongo has legitimate hip issues that's had surgery on multiple times.

"Over the last few seasons, the former Vancouver Canucks captain has struggled with multiple injuries to his hand, groin and hip. The injury to the hip in particular has lingered and had the largest impact on Luongo this year."

Panthers' Roberto Luongo faces tough decision on future

Reactions: BLONG7

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Well, yes and no.

He's got a history of hip injuries, and if he says "I'm not ready to play, I need to go on LTIR" who is going to say otherwise?
Hossa’s condition has to be verified by an independent 3rd party Dr before the league would accept his LTIR status. I assume Luongo would be subjected to the same scrutiny

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Don't see why anybody on the hockey side cares too much. Everybody knew this is what would happen with all those contracts, they are just playing out 100% As Designed.

Now if I was in the insurance business on the other hand... presuming these are insured contracts and the remaining salaries - even if just a "mere" $1M - are being paid by insurance instead of clubs... THEN I might ask some questions. :dunno:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Of course they are; but you don’t think it’s a coincidence it got worse the moment his cash salary dropped to $1mil?

Wouldn’t he have still been paid if he was on LTIR before his salary dropped?

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
and... lets follow this logic.. you are so damn close... I think you will get it...

and? what?

ok... had it for years... played... was being paid... ok... follow? yes... that was the plan

and when he wanted to stop the pay was nothing... as planned... they knew he would retire now... they wanted the cap down... and they knew... it was predetermined... he could play when the paychecks were higher but for the low pay check why bother? the team wanted the cap relief. so they gave him all his money sooner and had a prearranged deal he would disappear onto ltir at the agreed upon time

ok... damn... when I explain it that way its so freaking easy to follow after all. I thought this was complicated when people like you were confused but hell no. this was real easy

ok we are done here. glad you were able to figure it out too. happy to help

giphy.gif

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

At least he didn't develop a degenerative back disease... :skeptic:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
My point is that it’s convenient that it happened the season his salary was dropping to 1 million; unless your saying that was just a coincidence.

Look at the end I’m glad teams have found away around this stupid recapture penalty cause it’s annoying that bettman (and Burke) we’re upset they were outsmarted and put in a penalty retroactively

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I know where I work we need to go through extensive paper work and doctors before we go on long term.

No doctors involved with these players ? Proving that there unable to play at all?

NHL is brutal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad