Speculation: Luongo Trade Discussions Thread II - All ‎

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
Just because Reimer's injured for a few weeks doesnt mean we lock ourselves into Loungo's contract for the next decade.

Reimer is the first goalie in decades that we have properly developed. He is the future of this team.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Of course not, its absurd. If Reimer was playing like crap and had a long-term injury, then yeah, you look into it but Reimer has been fantastic and isn't expected to be out for a significant amount of time.

Reimer is doing what Luongo would do for us and he is doing it at a fraction of his salary. He is also much younger and Luongo would cost some good assets to get him here. Also, Luongo would just end up in another goalie controversy when Reimer gets healthy again.

Leafs should focus on bringing in a top line center or top pairing defensemen (both would be great!)

Urban Explorer*

Reimer is injured and Scrivens is doing a great job but I think we need some veteran presence in the net for the time Reimer is out. Then maybe trade Luongo to a different team after Reimer gets back.

Luongo has been doing great this season posting a SV% of .940. Also, I'm pretty confident he's available.

Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Are you out of your mind? Luongos contract is more toxic than that green crap mr burns dumps into the springfield river.

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
NO!

Obviously not taking on a poison contract, and at the same time having to give up Naz and Bozak. Why should Toronto want to help Vancouver by taking him, it will more fun to see 5 years from now Vancouver wallowing in the Luongo contract and not able to sign/keep good players.

buntek

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto
Nooo!.gif

This

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
No way no how should we ever consider making a move for Luongo. Reimer has been lights out this season and his injury will only keep him out a week or two...panic moves never work out. Great goaltender but his crappy long term contract combined with the price that Vancouver would demand make aquiring him a bad idea.

BeLeafr

Feb 8, 2010
NOOOOOOOO!!

Reimer's injury isn't long term, and honestly the asking price for Luongo, Luongo's contract, and Luongo's age all add up to a terrible trade if it goes down.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
I'm alright with letting Scrivens play a few games in a row. He had one bad game against the Rangers (not like the team helped him at all though), but the rest of the time he's been solid. And if the Leafs can keep up their defensive play of later, it should be alright for 1-2 weeks.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'd personally like to add Luongo, but obviously at a discounted price. I mean, Reimer's career upside is probably as a healthy workhorse goaltender. That's what Luongo is. But obviously not at the price of any of the kids.

SteveV*

OP might be on to something here fellas, a fresh idea if I've ever heard one.

MuchoMacho

Jul 19, 2009
Penalty Box
Would anybody's tune change if it was along the lines of...

MacArthur, Franson, Finn?

The obvious no's are based on reports that Vancouver wants Kadri/Bozak, but let's assume those reports were false and the asking price is a lot more reasonable... is it still a clear consensus no?

I think I'd go for it if it was something around MacArthur/Franson because as we have seen, when Reimer is playing solid this team has confidence and plays a good brand of hockey. Reimer is still unproven, adding Luongo to the backend adds stability that could allow this team develop.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Would anybody's tune change if it was along the lines of...

MacArthur, Franson, Finn?

The obvious no's are based on reports that Vancouver wants Kadri/Bozak, but let's assume those reports were false and the asking price is a lot more reasonable... is it still a clear consensus no?

I think I'd go for it if it was something around MacArthur/Franson because as we have seen, when Reimer is playing solid this team has confidence and plays a good brand of hockey. Reimer is still unproven, adding Luongo to the backend adds stability that could allow this team develop.

Wow, I guess you haven't really been reading before posting.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
how so? Objections I've read have been not at the expense of Kadri and Bozak...?

Some, including myself have objected to acquiring Luongo at any cost. In my mind, his age, spotty playoff record, and toxic contract plus what his acquisition would do to Reimer's Toronto career were reasons enough to pass on Lou. But you would have known this already if you had read the earlier posts. That Vancouver is clearly asking for high end assets is a joke to me, but does gives me comfort that any trade is highly unlikely.

MuchoMacho

Jul 19, 2009
Penalty Box
Some, including myself have objected to acquiring Luongo at any cost. In my mind, his age, spotty playoff record, and toxic contract plus what his acquisition would do to Reimer's Toronto career were reasons enough to pass on Lou. But you would have known this already if you had read the earlier posts. That Vancouver is clearly asking for high end assets is a joke to me, but does gives me comfort that any trade is highly unlikely.

Oh, I see. You're butt hurt because I didn't take your minority opinion into account when trying to create relevant discussion.

I get it, a few people think Luongo's contract is horrible. Doesn't negate the fact that the majority of people opposing the trade is because of what's being asked. You would know that though if you had the thread... :shakehead Do me a favor P'dale, contribute to the conversation or don't reply. No need to completely dismiss my valid question because of your bias.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad