Speculation: Luongo Trade Discussions Thread II - All ‎

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
If we should go after Luongo because Reimer's out for a week and a half, why the hell didn't we go after Benn when Lupul went down for 6 weeks?

... :help:

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
No.... 1-2 weeks without Reimer doesn't justify blowing this team up for Luongo.

lLeafer

Feb 27, 2012
No, we shouldn't. Unless the deal is incredibly one sided in Toronto's favor. Even then his contract is ridiculous.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Depends on what Vancouver sends along with Luongo to justify taking on an aging 34 yr old goalie with a spotty playoff record and with a 10 year toxic contract. A contract which basically adds $1.38M per year in future cap liability for the next 5 years. And in doing so, pretty much writing off Reimer's future career in Toronto. Yeah, sounds like something a smart GM should be considering:sarcasm::help:.

Billy6

Dec 23, 2012
I think that in the long term this injury is the best thing that could happen because it's instantly made people realize that Reimer is a legit number one goalie, and realize how much this team is going to miss him while he's out. Reimer is the goalie of the present and the future and the Leafs gave up nothing to get him through the draft. What a concept! Drafting and developing homegrown talent? Who knew?

To the OP, I sincerely hope that you weren't serious. I could see the Leafs getting a Khabibulin or signing a Brent Johnson for insurance, but Luongo is not coming, and we certainly don 't need him.

DaveT83*

If we can get him for next to nothing - and have to eat his contract I'd do it.

We wouldn't be able to get anyone else that comes available UFA and resign Kessel though.

So I guess its best we just stay away from Luo all together

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Stupidest suggestion, why would you give up kadri/something for him. I understand if reimer was out ror months, but a week...

KingBuzzo

A custom title.
Nov 3, 2010
Toronto
There's no chance in hell I'd give up Kadri and anyone else they'd ask for. Reimer has played great in every game this year and is showing consistency. He's awful at playing the puck still (consistently bad at that), but he's been great stopping it.

So, no. No I would not even think about it.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Reimer getting a minor injury changes nothing.

We dont want that guy from Vancouver.

He can stay there or go to any other team.

Not ours.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
2ec520676c53b91a11177e6f49cf3cd3.gif

18a381479eeb437c64aace6cf5f051d8.gif

And just for the heck of it...

56bccf077f5ba8a0fb40ff4888633f66.gif

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Why this thread?
Why not try to go for some of the UFA goalies and sign them for pennies? this way it costs us barely anything.

Luongo is not the answer here. AT ALL. It's not even a Belfour situation, where he'd just thrive here. Just say no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad