Speculation: Luongo Trade Discussions Thread II - All ‎

tacoburrito

Dec 1, 2009
www.cybernations.net
Oh, I see. You're butt hurt because I didn't take your minority opinion into account when trying to create relevant discussion.

I get it, a few people think Luongo's contract is horrible. Doesn't negate the fact that the majority of people opposing the trade is because of what's being asked. You would know that though if you had the thread... :shakehead Do me a favor P'dale, contribute to the conversation or don't reply. No need to completely dismiss my valid question because of your bias.

lols

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Oh, I see. You're butt hurt because I didn't take your minority opinion into account when trying to create relevant discussion.

I get it, a few people think Luongo's contract is horrible. Doesn't negate the fact that the majority of people opposing the trade is because of what's being asked. You would know that though if you had the thread... :shakehead Do me a favor P'dale, contribute to the conversation or don't reply. No need to completely dismiss my valid question because of your bias.

OK, fair enough. Regarding your suggestion of acquiring Luongo for MacArthur/Franson, I would not favor such a proposal. For reasons documented earlier, I do not think acquiring Luongo is a sound move on the part of the Leafs, unless the Leafs acquire additional assets to offset the negative aspects of his age, contract, and iffy playoff record. Further, I think we need a goalie that the team can grow with and Reimer shows definite promise in that regard. His development in Toronto would likely be harmed if the Leafs acquired the high ticket Luongo...not unlike the drama currently going on with Schneider in Vancouver.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
OK, fair enough. Regarding your suggestion of acquiring Luongo for MacArthur/Franson, I would not favor such a proposal. For reasons documented earlier, I do not think acquiring Luongo is a sound move on the part of the Leafs, unless the Leafs acquire additional assets to offset the negative aspects of his age, contract, and iffy playoff record. Further, I think we need a goalie that the team can grow with and Reimer shows definite promise in that regard. His development in Toronto would likely be harmed if the Leafs acquired the high ticket Luongo...not unlike the drama currently going on with Schneider in Vancouver.

Drama...

There is no drama at all :laugh:

MuchoMacho

Jul 19, 2009
Penalty Box

Your objections have been duly noted. ;)

I live out west here in Victoria and yes there is drama over the goaltending. Quiet for now, but will flare up again soon enough.

Depends on your definition of drama. Both Luongo and Schneider have been commended for how they have treated the situation. Both players doing and saying what's best for the team at every turn on the windy road. On the other hand if you think a team not having a clear number one goalie is drama in and of itself, then it's definitely the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad