Pre-Game Talk: Luongo Returns: An Appreciation Thread || January 8th 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

I thought that the return of one the best Canucks of all time deserved its own thread. Leads the franchise in almost every goalie category (if not all of them) and was the captain and cornerstone to our team's most successful statistical time.

He returns to Vancouver for the first time since being traded back to the Panthers on January 8th, 2015. Let's show Luuuuuuuuuu the respect he deserves.

Last edited:

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Boo him until he cracks then pot 12 on him. Make him bleed!

Or we could welcome him with open arms and give him a good ol cheer. That works to!

skywarp75

May 19, 2009
he's just about the greatest/most important player in franchise history. he really should get a heroes welcome.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
He was amazing for us, and was disrespected so much around the league. Happy to see him doing well again. His save against Ryan Clowe back in 07 made me the fan I am today.

Hope a mod can edit this so everyone can see this masterpiece. This was the save that made me a fan today.

Last edited by a moderator:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
One of the greatest Canucks of all time. Likely Hockey Hall of Famer. Going to be nice to see him back in Vancouver.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Was a stabilizing force in the franchise's most unstable position. Probably got a bit too much credit at times, and too much blame at other times. Was definitely an odd feeling in the crowd last year at the Heritage classic when he wasn't playing. I'm sure he will get a well-deserved ovation tomorrow night.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Easily one of my favourite Canucks of all-time, and probably one of the most important in franchise history. Hope he gets a massive ovation.

This isn't one of his many highlight reel saves, but it's one that always sticks out in my mind. I remember clenching up when I saw that cross-crease pass make its way to Sharp, and holy crap was I relieved when Luongo got there in time.

Last edited:

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
mylrea-vancouver-canucks-6895982-o.jpg

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Hopefully he comes in and plays like the Stanley Cup is on the line. We need 2 points, screw the sentimentality.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Luongo definitely deserves a standing ovation, he's been a class act, rarely whining in regards to the piss-poor treatment he received during his whole tenure in a Canucks uniform.

However with all of that said when the puck is dropped I hope 7uongo shows up for this one game only.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
He is one of the few ex-Canucks I dont want to see fail. He handled the whole "situation" with class and got us to the very brink of the Stanley Cup. Often forgotten are the three games he won in the finals.

It's too bad it had to end like it did.

hockeywoot

Oct 29, 2010
China
I'm in HK. For those going to the game, please do me a favour and give an extra loud Hero's ovation for my boy Lu!

In the long run will be remembered as one of the Canuck greats. If it wasn't for him we would have been a basement dweller for some time (which ironically would've helped with a rebuild. Damn you Luuuu!)

He wanted to be with his wife and family, completely understood (though I still find it strange how she was never willing to relocate from Florida...seriously Lu???)

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Best goalie in our history.

Hate, hate, hate that we had to part ways with him, I was really hoping he'd retire a Canuck, for better or worse.

Sure wish we got it done in 2011, he'd forever be a legend in Vancouver. Ugh.

Anyways I fully expect the crowd to give him the heroes welcome that he deserves. I'll always be a fan of Luongo, and wish him the best of luck except for when he plays us! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad